1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, we truly appreciate your patience while we are working hard on the upgrade process, which was forced upon us due to the decline of our original forum software. Good news is SPN is almost ready to resume its normal operations soon. The new cutting edge software has been chosen with a primary focus on enhancing user experience especially while using SPN on the mobile devices such as tablets or phones. This new platform will also provide us the opportunity to implement new ideas which were not possible in old software. Forum appearance will be an on going process and you would notice significant changes as we mature working in the new software environment. Some of the core functionality like the blogs will be restored gradually. Once, the forum is fully active, please take your time navigating around the new forum functionality. We will also introduce you to new functionality from time to time.

Ugardanti

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by GillAUS, May 19, 2009.

1. GillAUS

GillAUS Active Member SPNer

Hello everyone,

Recently I have come across discussions on other Sikhs forums regarding Ugardanti, which is a writing attributed to Guru Gobind Singh.

From what I have gathered, it is not part of the 'standard' pothi of Sri Dasam Granth, however is recited daily by Nihang Singhs as I have read that it is contained in Nihang Gutkas.

Does anybody on this forum have more to share regarding this, as I am very interested to learn more about it.

Here is a translation I found on another forum:

You can also listen to a recitation at: http://www.damdamitaksal.org/mp3s/01-Nitnem/Nitnem(dasam)Bhai%20Mahtab%20Singh%20Ji/017-UGARDANTI.mp3

2. spnadmin

spnadmin Well-Known Member SPNer

If you write to Damdami Taksaal, they may have more information

Damdami Taksaal Online Website - Home

In addition you could try to contact Nihang Sukha Singh Akaali. Send me a pm and I will give you his email address. Don't want to post it in public in case of any problems. :)