Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Too Many Sins?

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by singhisking101, Jul 31, 2009.

1. singhisking101

Expand Collapse

Feb 5, 2009
    If someone has committed thousands of murders, looted from the poor and sinned considerably do they still have hope to become one with God?

Thx in advance!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    The Problem with Taking Too Many Vitamins Health & Nutrition Oct 18, 2013
    Too Many Hukamnamas! Questions and Answers Jun 13, 2012
    One Drink Too Many? A Discussion of Alcohol and Sikhi Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jul 6, 2011
    Christianity After Blast in Egypt, Many Deride Their Church as Too Timid Interfaith Dialogues Jan 9, 2011
    Legal The Other Half: Too Many Lacunae Breaking News Dec 27, 2010

3. vsgrewal48895

Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Mar 12, 2009

The answer to your question is YES. There are plenty of references in AGGS about the salvation of, Ganika (Prostitute), Ajamal (Known sinner), Elephant, and Ugly hunch back by remembering Akal Purkh. Here are few references;

ਅਜਾਮਲੁ ਪਾਪੀ ਜਗੁ ਜਾਨੇ ਨਿਮਖ ਮਾਹਿ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ॥

Ajāmal pāpī jag jāne nimakẖ māhi nisṯārā.

Ajaamal, known throughout the world as a sinner, was redeemed in an instant.------Guru Teg Bahadur, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 632-7

ਅਜਾਮਲ ਗਜ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਪਤਿਤ ਕਰਮ ਕੀਨੇ ॥

Ajāmal gaj ganikā paṯiṯ karam kīne.

Ajaamal, the elephant, and the prostitute committed many sins,-----Bhagat Kabir, Raag Dhanasari, AGGS, Page, 692-13

ਤਾਰੀਲੇ ਗਨਿਕਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਰੂਪ ਕੁਬਿਜਾ ਬਿਆਧਿ ਅਜਾਮਲੁ ਤਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

Ŧārīle ganikā bin rūp kubijā bi▫āḏẖ ajāmal ṯārī▫ale.

You saved the prostitute, and the ugly hunch-back; You helped the hunter and Ajaamal swim across as well.------Bhagat Namdev, Raag Gauri Cheti, AGGS, Page, 345-4

ਮੂਏ ਹੂਏ ਜਉ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦੇਹੁਗੇ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਕੋਇਲਾ ॥

Mū▫e hū▫e ja▫o mukaṯ ḏehuge mukaṯ na jānai ko▫ilā.

If You liberate me after I am dead, no one will know that I am liberated.----Bhagat Namdev, Raag Malar, AGGS, Page, 1292-15

Virinder S. Grewal
    • Like Like x 1