Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

There Is No Absolute Truth (???)

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Neutral Singh, Nov 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've run into this statement a couple times now and I'm flabbergasted that people could assert this and not see it's self negating paradox. If there were no absolute truth I could not absolutely assert something, and consequently saying "there is no absolute truth" becomes a false claim. Furthermore if "there is absolute truth" is the only absolutely true thing one can say it's meaningless. It seems reasonable then that there is more than one absolutely true assertion.

What is it or what are they?

2. Loading...