• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Khalsa Aid The Selfless Sikh Faith On The Frontline, A Documentary By BBC 2016

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Documentary following Ravi Singh, a Sikh charity worker who, inspired by his religious principles, puts his life on the line to help people in need.

The program follows Ravis journey to northern Iraq, where he provides aid to Yazidi families who have fled their homes to escape the brutality of Islamic State. The film reveals the teachings of selfless service at the heart of his Sikh faith.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Ravi Singh of Khalsa Aid seems to me to be the kind of Sikh I read about in history books, the type who would give water to fallen enemy soldiers, for example. It is a privilege to know him and also that Khalsa Aid will be his legacy.

Khalsa Aid,unlike most aid agencies, is in it for the long haul. For example, KA is still supporting several orphanages in Haiti, years after the big earthquake in 2010, long after the other agencies have folded up their tents and gone home.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
This was an excellent documentary to give some voice to the heavily persecuted Yazidis - I had not even heard of this minority group until this war broke out. The violence against them, including what is happening to the women and children is heartbreaking and absolutely appalling. Makes me think that this is the same thing that was happening to Sikhs under the mughals. Ravi hits the nail on the head when he articulates that the Yazidis are a very small minority population that have nothing to offer to the west, and therefore the west does not care for them. So many of us Sikhs are also more concerned with living our own comfortable lives, than standing up like Ravi, and helping the vulnerable.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: