Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

The Danger of a Single Story

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by findingmyway, Apr 25, 2011.

1. findingmyway

Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Aug 18, 2010
    This video was forwarded by Mai Harinder Kaur ji. Thank you Mai ji for bringing this to my attention.

I think it is brilliant and very pertinent to todays increasing multicultural world. We all carry stereotypes that we should always be challenging. We need to approach modern media with some skepticism and be responsible for our learning and attitudes.

YouTube - Chimamanda Adichie: The danger of a single story
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    India Modi’s Dangerous Silence Breaking News Feb 8, 2015
    India Dangers Of Neo Terrorism Breaking News Oct 13, 2012
    Nature Endangered Spider Halts, Reroutes Construction of $15 Million Texas Highway Breaking News Oct 7, 2012
    ATM---signify danger and help Hard Talk Oct 23, 2011
    Hatred: A "Cool" Fad and a Dangerous One Interfaith Dialogues Oct 9, 2011

3. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

Oct 6, 2006
    Thank you for posting this. I think what she is saying is important. Not to mention she's a really good speaker and interesting, too.

I wonder how many people believe a single story about us Sikhs.

And I wonder how many people we believe a single story about.
    • Like Like x 2
    #2 Mai Harinder Kaur, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. Harwinder

Expand Collapse

Apr 5, 2011
    This was a powerfull in itshlef as she gave the speech.. I knwo i am not perfect but things like this help climbe the ladder to understranding mankind more and more.

If anyone cares and is interested in reading books of self-imporovement and how we think towrds other i recommend this book to anyone out there if u haven't read it.

Called: "The magic of thinking big" (you can get it in english, punjabi, hindi and many different languages.) by david j schwartz PHD
    • Like Like x 1