Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Swar Vidya

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Arvind, Jul 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Since childhood, I have heard about Swar Vidya, and thought it to be part of Gurbani! I am still not sure, if that is correct. Most people even never heard of this.
    By Swar Vidya, I mean study of nasal inhaling/exhaling and all activities or calculations based on those. Has any one else got more information to share about this?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Soul Search By Swarn Singh Bains Book Reviews & Editorials May 25, 2016
    Literature ਮੇਰੇ ਰੱਬ - Peotry By Swarn Bains (in Punjabi) Language, Arts & Culture Apr 1, 2016
    Controversial Hazoori Ragi reportedly refused to perform Kirtan at DSP Swaran Ghotna’s bhog Hard Talk Feb 25, 2013
    Translation by Swarn Singh Bains Intellectual Translations by SPNers Jun 26, 2012
    How to carry Swaroop of Sri Guru Granth Saheb ji Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Aug 6, 2011

3. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

I have got no clue. Please elaborate.

4. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Swar Vidya is about swaas (breath) inhaling/exhaling. Ida, Pingala and Sushmana being the main naadis. I am interested to learn more about this, but couldnt get suitable pointers for the same. Learned members on this forum may be in better position to elaborate. Please do so.
    Thanks