Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sukhmani Sahib:Salok that Precedes 11th Ashtapadee: My understanding

Discussion in 'Sukhmani Sahib' started by Amarpal, May 21, 2012.

1. Amarpal

Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Jun 11, 2004

With Grace of ‘The Sat’, today I share with you my understanding of the Salok that precedes the 11th Ashtapadee of sukhmani Sahib.

1. krx kwrx pRBu eyku hY dUsr nwhI koie ] karan kaaran parabh ayk hai doosar naahee ko-ay.
    ‘The Sat’ is the reason and the doer of all that happens in its creation; there is no one else.

My understanding:
    Whatever happens in the creation of ‘The Sat’, it is organized by ‘The Sat’ through its cosmic forces which are under the absolute control of ‘The Sat’. It is the net result of this organized action of ‘The Sat’ that impacts on us. This way ‘The Sat’ becomes the reason (kwrx Kaarun) for what happens. Since these cosmic forces are under absolute control of ‘The Sat’ it becomes the doer (krx – Karun).

2. nwnk iqsu bilhwrxY jil Qil mhIAil soie ]1] naanak tis balihaarnai jal thal mahee-al so-ay. ||1||
    Nanak says to himself that for such an all pervading (jil - water, Qil - land, mhIAil - sky) entity I sacrifice myself.

My understanding:

In this Tuk, Guru Sahib expresses his amazement of the infiniteness of ‘The Sat’’ who is all pervading and says for such an entity he sacrifices himself.

With this I close the post.

With Love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh
  2. Loading...