• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

SPN Newsletter - Living Like A Sikh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

Editorial:
By leading as examples Themselves, Guru Sahibs motivated Sikhs to live a life filled with Sewa, Simran and to live as per His Hukam. Historically, Sikhs have stood tall abiding by those principles. However, in today's world, by our self-made hectic schedules, most of us tend to find every possible excuse not to live as per their direction. Even staying away from Amrit vela and Nitnem!

Guru Ram Das Ji has defined Sikh on Ang 305/306 of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Gobind Singh Ji composed Zafarnama with clear words - "When all means have failed it is righteous to raise the sword". I often ask myself how many times I really pay attention to Guru's bani in its totality!

Tejwant Malik Ji's senate opening prayers bring this beautiful aspect of Sikhi in a very condensed way. See his prayers in thread Ardaas for Justice and Equality (Link to Article) ). Those are awesome! Standing as Akaal Purakh's army towards peace, harmony, service, justice and equality. Beautifully placed quotes from Guru Granth Sahib Ji in his prayer are a big treat to anyone who reads or hears those.

We Sikhs are born to stand tall, even if it means standing alone in the beginning. I pay homage to Dasarath Manjhi of Bihar (read more) who cut a pathway in the mountain that was 350 feet long, 16 feet wide and 12 feet high, by using his hammer single handedly, in twenty two years.

In the closing, picking up quotes from Tejwant Ji's prayer as it is. Let us meditate on Guru's bani - “Amongst all is the Light-You are that Light. This Light is radiant within all that are present here.” “Make good deeds the soil, and let the goodness be the seed; irrigate it with the water of Truth. The fruits shall be there for all to reap”.

Nanak Naam Charhdee Kala
Tere Bhaane Sarbat Da Bhala

Please discuss this latest edition of the newsletter HERE and, also please scroll down for our regular stuff!

Gurfateh!

Arvind Pal Singh
Sikh Philosophy Network

Dear ARVIND PAL SINGH

Thanks for ur WONDERFUL message. I have read TEJI's Ardaas also.
Frankly speaking, I was cut off from SPN due to my self-created hectic
activities even after retirement in India. Presently, I am in SURREY,
BC, Canada for 6-8 months.

Tell me how can I POST my Essays on SPN? (admin note: already replied!) I did it 3 years ago.

Guru Rakha
HS Virk

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

Editorial:
By leading as examples Themselves, Guru Sahibs motivated Sikhs to live a life filled with Sewa, Simran and to live as per His Hukam. Historically, Sikhs have stood tall abiding by those principles. However, in today's world, by our self-made hectic schedules, most of us tend to find every possible excuse not to live as per their direction. Even staying away from Amrit vela and Nitnem!

Guru Ram Das Ji has defined Sikh on Ang 305/306 of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Gobind Singh Ji composed Zafarnama with clear words - "When all means have failed it is righteous to raise the sword". I often ask myself how many times I really pay attention to Guru's bani in its totality!

Tejwant Malik Ji's senate opening prayers bring this beautiful aspect of Sikhi in a very condensed way. See his prayers in thread Ardaas for Justice and Equality (Link to Article) ). Those are awesome! Standing as Akaal Purakh's army towards peace, harmony, service, justice and equality. Beautifully placed quotes from Guru Granth Sahib Ji in his prayer are a big treat to anyone who reads or hears those.

We Sikhs are born to stand tall, even if it means standing alone in the beginning. I pay homage to Dasarath Manjhi of Bihar (read more) who cut a pathway in the mountain that was 350 feet long, 16 feet wide and 12 feet high, by using his hammer single handedly, in twenty two years.

In the closing, picking up quotes from Tejwant Ji's prayer as it is. Let us meditate on Guru's bani - “Amongst all is the Light-You are that Light. This Light is radiant within all that are present here.” “Make good deeds the soil, and let the goodness be the seed; irrigate it with the water of Truth. The fruits shall be there for all to reap”.

Nanak Naam Charhdee Kala
Tere Bhaane Sarbat Da Bhala

Please discuss this latest edition of the newsletter HERE and, also please scroll down for our regular stuff!

Gurfateh!

Arvind Pal Singh
Sikh Philosophy Network

Arvindji,

with your noble pose and your perfect red turban, I have often wondered what lay below the man behind the picture, I am pleased to note that your writings indicate you are indeed as noble as your photograph implies. You have restored my faith that Sikhs that look like Sikhs exist!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: