• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sohan Singh Seetal On Dasam Granth

Kully

SPNer
Jan 3, 2016
In the topic on Bansawalinama, a kind member of this forum volunteered the views of "Sohan Singh Seetal" on Kesar Singh Chibber. This view was a copy and paste from another website. If the kind member can provide that information in original script so we could all take a closer look at it, I would be very grateful.

In the meantime, looking through Seetal's work on line, I cam across this pdf:

Google Drive - Virus scan warning

and to help the members here I will point out that if you read page 259/60 of the book (page 260/1 of the pdf) you will find Seetal's view of Dasam Granth.

Enjoy!

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
I came across sakhiean.it was given to me by my friend kaka gill to make corrections and straighten it up. he said he received a copy of it which came from London. It was written in old fashioned punjabi. I made corrections to it and straightened it up. I was not much concerned about it and i gave it back to him. If i knew there is so much going on on sikh philosophy network; i should have kept it and added my two cents on the site but i do not have it any more.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Off-topic: I have a very vague memory of his punjabi novel "Tootan Wala Khuh", which was taught during my college times. His prowess as a Punjabi novelist was pretty amazing. Although, I am unsure about his prowess as a Sikh Scholar.

@Kully ji, perhaps, you can shed some light on Seetal ji and his reference sources for writing on Sikh history of Sikh gurus around 500 yrs after the departure of Guru Nanak sahib or 250 yrs after the departure of Dasam Pita.

However, in the end, everything ever written or passed on as a sikh scholarly work, has to pass the litmus test of Gurmat values and principles laid down in the SGGS, our only Guru. If it does not pass, its spurious.

My apologies, if this message is off-topic.

Gurfateh!

Kully

SPNer
Jan 3, 2016
In the topic on Bansawalinama, a kind member of this forum volunteered the views of "Sohan Singh Seetal" on Kesar Singh Chibber. This view was a copy and paste from another website. If the kind member can provide that information in original script so we could all take a closer look at it, I would be very grateful.

In the meantime, looking through Seetal's work on line, I cam across this pdf:

Google Drive - Virus scan warning

and to help the members here I will point out that if you read page 259/60 of the book (page 260/1 of the pdf) you will find Seetal's view of Dasam Granth.

Enjoy!

Just wanted to let everyone know that as the "virus scan warning" is a warning from Google drive that they have not been able to scan the df as it exceeds their file size limit. Your own computers anti-virus will still be able to do it if you wish to.

@Kully ji, perhaps, you can shed some light on Seetal ji and his reference sources for writing on Sikh history of Sikh gurus around 500 yrs after the departure of Guru Nanak sahib or 250 yrs after the departure of Dasam Pita.

Admin Singh Ji, you can put a rope around my neck if you wish to, but I won't put it round my neck myself.

Gurfateh!

Can you tell us why you say Gurfateh?

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
Sohan singh seetal was an open minded rare scholar in sikh history. He was his own man. Generay the sikh scholars copy from somewhere and put their name and publish it. I saw seetal singing in a dhadi darbar at fatehgarh sahib at the sabha.
I have another scholar kartar singh whome the sikh scholars eliminated from sikh history after copying his poetry and put their own names.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: