• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Singh Is King Video With Snoop Dog

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
If we start burning effigies etc then I think that we are on dangerous ground here without clear and calm thoughts on this. Do we Sikhs really want to sink to the levels of the muslims over the satanic verses etc. With out thinking this through very carefully as to how we are going to voice our opinions on this we are only going to give more ammo to the anti sikh elements in society and the media if we sikhs go about this in the wrong way. :confused::inca:

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
I fully agree Joginder. But there is nothing we can do about the effigy burning "impulse."

Until education takes a firm hold in Panjab and people realise just how {censored}ic doing this is we're stuck with it! lol

Anyway, from what I've seen this film seems less offensive than "Loins of Punjab" but people seem to be missing that? Maybe it's because "Loins" is an American release.

Anyway - the best response would be to develop our own movie industry but having grown up watching Panjabi films of the 80s I wont hold my breath for this.....

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
Information and education do seem to be the keys here dont they. That and hurting the producers in the pockets by not going to see these films and events and informing the cinema owners, producers, cable tv compainies what we as sikhs see is wrong with these films books tv shows etc and why our money is staying in our pockets untill they stop producing and showing these things. And believe you me as an irishman we know all about racial stereotyping and i for one have no intention of accepting this sort of thing as a sikh as well as an irishman. I think that everyone is famillier with the alledged stupidity and lack of intelligence that we irish are supposed to suffer from oh and that we are all supposed to be terrorists :inca: and live on potatos :mad:

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Well, one thing that makes me laugh about Sikhs is their uncanny ability to make things notorious through their reactions. With things like movies this ultimately results in the kind of publicity that money can't buy. So inadvertently I believe we sometimes actually increase the exposure and desire to see the movie. People love controversy. Besides given Sikhs are only 1/2% of India I doubt they would impact on sales in any significant way.

As for Irish and Sikhs - They are like long lost brothers.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Information and education do seem to be the keys here dont they. That and hurting the producers in the pockets by not going to see these films and events and informing the cinema owners, producers, cable tv compainies what we as sikhs see is wrong with these films books tv shows etc and why our money is staying in our pockets untill they stop producing and showing these things. And believe you me as an irishman we know all about racial stereotyping and i for one have no intention of accepting this sort of thing as a Sikh as well as an irishman. I think that everyone is famillier with the alledged stupidity and lack of intelligence that we irish are supposed to suffer from oh and that we are all supposed to be terrorists :inca: and live on potatos :mad:

Excellent expression of the truth some just don't get it. Thanks Jio

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: