• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Atheism Sikhism Vs. Atheism

ax0547

SPNer
Oct 19, 2008
Recently, I have been watching videos of Hawkins and few other atheists. When comparing their point of view to how God is explained in sikhi, I see that we both are taling regarding same but they say it's evolution that fuctioning and we say it's god? What are your viewpoints?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Recently, I have been watching videos of Hawkins and few other atheists. When comparing their point of view to how God is explained in sikhi, I see that we both are taling regarding same but they say it's evolution that fuctioning and we say it's god? What are your viewpoints?
According to my understanding, God in Sikhism is both Nirgun and Sargun (no attributes and all attributes, respectively). This means that if "existence" is an attribute then God exists and does not exist. I believe this viewpoint was used by Guru Nanak to bring everyone together because no matter what you believe, it is included in the sargun/ nirgun concept. And that includes atheists,etc.
Sikhs say God is the cause of everything, surely, evolution must be included in that. Although, SGGS does not explicitly say evolution is why we are here (as per my understanding), but it does not say evolution cannot be possible. So while, atheists say that that evolution is the cause, we say God caused evolution.

Fateh!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: