• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism, The Best Kept Secret In The World

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
There is an extreme shortage of old Classic Range Rovers around, all the good ones are going for silly money, and I do not have silly money, so I managed to find an Isuzu Bighorn for silly money down in Southampton.

However, the seller took my phone reduction very amicably, too amicably, and I spent the rest of the day feeling unsure about the purchase, but hey ho, yesterday, I decided to drive down and do the deal. Still not quite feeling hugely confident, I passed a beaming Sikh man at a bus stop, I honked and pulled in, and offered a lift, no, no , he politely said, but I insisted, and there he was, in my passenger seat. I have to confess to my last few meetings with turbanned Sikhs to be a disaster, but as you do not see many Sikhs in this part of the country, well you gotta keep trying!

I looked at my passenger, around 63, well dressed, full beard, and with the most beautiful content eyes. I asked where he was going, he looked a bit embarrased, and mentioned a town about 6 miles away, thats ok, I thought, more chance to talk! so we talked,

'Your a Sikh', I asked
'yes, I am a Sikh' he smiled, 'the best kept secret in the world'
'what do you mean?'
he laughed ' its a beautiful religion, so beautiful, but not practiced as it should be'
I was intrigued, this chap was speaking my language'what do you mean?'
He smiled but looked serious ' Sikhism is about living and practicing, people have forgotten that, it has now become about money, power, caste, people worship the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, no one reads it'

We spoke for a while longer, the trip was too short for me, it was wonderful to find someone who had smiliar views on reincarnation, meat, ritual.

After dropping him off, I decided not to buy the bighorn, and this morning, noted it had been reduced to below the price I had thought was a good deal.

The puppies are brilliant, I came home yesterday to find them both swinging from the clothes line. They used to lick my face, now they bite my nose, Bran is very loving, Rory is more strong willed and a bit of a bully. They both still seem to love annoying Dan, by following him everywhere, and licking his nose. Dan is clearly uncomfortable with all this, growling and snarling at them, but it does not seem to put them off, they are both very brave little dogs.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: