• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Or Spirtuality

jahan_bakshi

SPNer
Feb 1, 2007
pune
First things first.. A big hii to everyone ...well this is my first post and the topics that everyone has talked abt are pretty interestin. though i have not read all the posts but quite a few to start my own...

Well i myself is very much interested in sikh culture the reason being that i was born and broght up in a sikh family where we keep up with the traditions to instill the culture within young bloods.. Now that i have grown up from that stage and facing the need of the sulture to be able to follow the right path which is taught in the books of religion(sikh) but my question is what is more important sikhisn or spirtuality . ..

Here we have laid stres to sikhism in particular as this forum is all abt it but putting my thoughts forward .. every religion more or less teaches us the same things .. then why only sikhism.. and to keep pace with the running world more then religion we need peace of mind spirtuality clear thoughts then why are we running to save sikh culture why not we intend to change the way of thinking that more then this religion what is important is how to use any religion to ur best like meditation.. yoga .. what gud will our history provide us to us ...

i hope i am not offencing anyone rather i am trying to clear my thougts on the issue ..

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
to keep pace with the running world more then religion we need peace of mind spirtuality clear thoughtsMy thoughts. Your question is so fundamentally important these days.

Sometimes we need only spirituality. And that can hold us for a while. But the presence of God is not felt in every spiritual tradition. Nor is God necessary in any spiritual tradition.

On the other hand, when the presence of God is felt, then it becomes important to find a way to worship that God. Spirituality may not be enough. It may be too vague, too ambiguous. Religion teaches us how to speak to that God in a faithful way.
When God says Hi! You want to know how to respond.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM