Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikhism creator/God: Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Ambarsaria, May 15, 2013.

1. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Dec 21, 2010
    Let us review the commonly understood definitions from English vocabulary.
    present everywhere at the same time
    Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful
    having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things
    For my mind the following provides a rough reference to such concept in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in one of the shabads from many more in totality of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji,
    From this shabad I get that Omnipresent is reflection of oneness that exists within all of the universe and in all.

From this shabad I get that Omniscient is the wisdom or truth that forms the basis of all and that pervades everywhere timelessly.

From this shabad I get that Omnipotent is a reflection of all that happens per the creator’s truths and wisdom that we may have minuscule knowledge of but it has raison d'etre.

I stand corrected and all errors are mine. What do you think?

Sat Sri Akal.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    • Like Like x 5
    #1 Ambarsaria, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Loading...