Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh women in 21st Century: Some Challenges

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by kds1980, Dec 15, 2007.

1. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Dear sikh80

First of all let me clarify that i am against all type of discrimination against women.But relating discrimination to the issue of sikh girls not wanting to marry a turbaned sikh is
    baseless.Discrimination against women exists in every religion and even much more than sikhism.But i never heard that muslim women or hindu women saying that they don't want to marry a religious hindu or muslim then why only in sikhism this issue is coming.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Great Sikh Women - Guru Fatha Singh Khalsa Essays on Sikhism Jun 26, 2016
    Sikhi Why Are Some Sikh Women Now Wearing The Turban? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 15, 2016
    I feel Sikh women have become weak today... Blogs Oct 21, 2015
    General Sikh Women Hate Sikh Guys and Love only Hindu guys? Blogs Oct 15, 2015
    Who are the most powerful Sikh women that we have today? Hard Talk Jan 15, 2014

3. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

Nothing is baseless kds ji.

4. Astroboy

Astroboy Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Writer SPNer Contributor

What ladies go thru in their life-long anti-hair war.
    I know everyone has an idea of the cost of hair removal and the types of products and services together with the pain and agony one bears - all for the sake of conforming to an advertisement trick which is played on their sub-conscious mind.:crazy: Before I mention these items sold in the shelves of every stores and the revenue the Govt collects in taxes, even the men are at war with their body hair. Marriage has nothing to do with their anti-hair war because a man has no idea how much a woman spends on these hair removal treatments.

Here's a real joke I want to share with you. There's a despatch boy (chinese origin) who worked in the same organisation as I did. Most of the time he would be waiting for instructions from his superiors, while idling at the corridors, he would be seen with a pair of scissors inserted in his nostrils.
    After 10 years, I visited my old office again, and this despatch boy (now a man) still has the scissors in his nostrils, LOL

:rofl!!::crazy:

Another guy (also Chinese origin) who's a cabbie in Malaysia, who would pluck hair out of his chin with a pair of tweezers and in this period of 6 months of using his services, he was loosing the anti-hair war.:8-:)