• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Philosophy In The Scriptures

KamaShakti

SPNer
Jun 25, 2006
I'm not a sikh but I have sikh family and I'm very interested to learn more about sikhism.

I have perused the Sikh scriptures in order to learn about Sikh philosophy but (no disrespect to Sikhs or Sikhism) have found no philosophy at all. All I have found is endless praise of God. Now, don't get me wrong. If Sikhs wish to endlessly praise God then that is entirely their business. How Sikhs wish to practise their religion is their business. I do not stand in judgement of that.

I would appreciate it if anyone could please direct me to any part of the scriptures that deal with Sikh philosophy or beliefs.

Let me give an example. Sikhs are said to believe in reincarnation. I can read that in a dozen books about Sikhism but where does it say that in the scriptures?

thankyou for your help

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear KamaShakti Ji,

Before I reply to what You have asked, will you please tell me what Philosophy means to you.

With love and respect foe all.

Amarpal Singh

KamaShakti

SPNer
Jun 25, 2006
That is a good question!

Rather than tell you what philosophy means to me I will be more specific about what I wished to find in the scriptures. I think that would be rather more pertinent and easier to address. lol.

There were two main areas I was interested in. One was moral instruction or analysis and the other was metaphysics ie where did we all come from (creation), where are we all going to, what is there, reincarnation and to link the two karma?

Do you want me to be more specific? Or you could try answering the question in a way you would prefer to.

tyvm, KamaShakti

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: