Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General Sikh History Quiz Site Launched

Discussion in 'History of Sikhism' started by gsingh2011, Apr 13, 2013.

1. gsingh2011

gsingh2011 United States
    Expand Collapse

Feb 21, 2010

I've made this website for learning some Sikh history trivia. The questions were created for use at the Sterling Heights Gurdwara (MI) Punjabi class. Here is the link:

All the code is posted on Github here: https://github.com/gsingh93/sikhhistoryquestions

So if you want to make your own clone of it with your own questions or you want to fix something in my version, go ahead and do it.

Note that this will only work in modern browsers, and may not look good on mobile devices.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    #1 gsingh2011, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh Gurus Ram Puniyani (Dr) Distorts Sikh History History of Sikhism Aug 5, 2016
    Sikh News 'Saakhi' Audio App To Tell Stories Of Sikh History, Valour - Hindustan Times Breaking News Jul 29, 2016
    Sikh Gurus Sikh History Vol 9, Guru Gobind Singh History of Sikhism Jun 28, 2016
    Sikh Gurus Sikh History Vol 8, Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib History of Sikhism Jun 28, 2016
    Sikh Gurus Sikh History Vol 7, Guru Har Rai & Guru Har Krishan Sahib History of Sikhism Jun 28, 2016

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004

Amazing! and I wish that I had your talent.
  4. aristotle

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

May 11, 2010
    Very appreciable project.
    And yes, the site doesn't look very good on my Symbian Belle device(Gurmukhi font not legible, just random characters). Perhaps making it in Unicode would be a better option as it is universally accepted on multiple platforms. Even the bitmap font trick isn't of any help.
    Best of luck for the future.