Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Islam Sikh Girls Marrying Muslims

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by singhsatwant1980, Mar 27, 2009.

1. singhsatwant1980

singhsatwant1980
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

this all is a propaganda...........................................................

#1 singhsatwant1980, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. Loading...

3. Randip Singh

Randip Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPN Sewadaar
    Historian SPNer Supporter

Satwant Paaji, what is the point of this post?

You cannot judge a whole religion on the actions of a few individuals. I know many Muslims girls who have become Sikh and have married Sikhs. There was no compulsion to become Sikh.

In England the amount of MUslims girls running away from home or having affaires and relationship outside their religion is very high. What does that say then?

If a person does not have enough love for their Guru that they want to leave him and join another faith, then they are better off not being Sikhs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dalsingh

dalsingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Another aspect of this is that excessive conservatism within the community that stops Sikh men marrying nonSikh partners and Panjabi culture being very rigid in this. I know this is rapidly changing as I have relatives from Panjab who have married outside of nonsense caste structures. Sometimes people outside of India carry on backward practices, common when they left, which are actually decreasing in India itself.

I have a half Jewish nephew and a half English one. The older one was given a choice with regards to faith, he chose Sikhism. I'm sure the younger one will probably do the same in future, he is actually more interested in Sikhism than any other kids in the family.

If we are being attacked in the way the original author believes (stuff I saw at uni makes me inclined to agree), than we too need to do what we must, in order to address the issue and make the Sikh community a flourishing one.

• Like Like x 1