• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Sikh Genocide 1984: Investigate Role Of Congress (Sikh Siyasat)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
New Delhi (July 10, 2010): Reacting to the Delhi Court’s action of framing of charges against Congress (I) leader and former MP Sajjan Kumar for murder and conspiracy to murder Sikhs during November 1984 Genocide, Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, legal advisor Sikhs For Justice, a US based human rights group stated that framing of charges against Sajjan proves that Congress (I) as a political party was involved in organizing and orchestrating November 1984 Sikh Genocide in which thousands of innocent Sikhs were killed.

Sikhs for Justice and AISSF are jointly working with the victims of November 1984 Sikh Genocide for seeking prosecution of leaders who were involved in the killing of Sikhs in November 1984, stated that formal charge sheet against Sajjan is merely a small step towards justice because thousands were killed and there were other leaders of Congress like Kamal Nath, Jadish Tytler, Amitabh Bachan, Arun Nehru, Bhajan Lal, RK Dhavan and others who were also involved in the killings in November 1984 and against whom several witnesses are willing to testify in the court if they are charged like Sajjan Kumar. However, attorney Pannun further stated that under the leadership of Sonia Gandhi, Congress (I) and Prime Minister Manamohan Singh are continuing to shield other perpetrators and hampering the victim’s efforts to seek justice. Recently, PM Singh maliciously attempted to defame and discourage the victims of November 1984 and their supporters by labeling them as “separatists”.

AISSF President Karnail Singh Peermohammad stated that witnesses against Kamal Nath, Amitabh Bachan and Bhajan Lal have also come forward and are willing to testify if these Congress leaders are charged.
Attorney Pannun stated that Congress (I) and its leadership was clearly involved in organizing the Genocide of Sikhs in November 1984 and demanded that a judicial commission should be constituted to investigate the role of Congress (I) in November 1984 Sikh Genocide, just like a commission that investigated the role of BJP in 1992 demolition of Babri Masjid and massacre of Muslims.

Karnail Singh Peermohammad added that AISSF delegation will call upon members of parliament to bring the demand of forming commission to investigate the role of Congress before the Indian Parliament.

Attorney Pannun further stated that, Sikhs for Justice will lobby with US, Canada and European Union Governments to declare the Congress (I) as an organization involved in gross human rights violations due to its involvement in the killings of innocent members of religious minority in 1984. Sikhs for Justice will also petition the United Nations to declare Congress (I) as a violator of human rights. According to attorney Pannun, this is important because laws of USA, Canada and European Union strictly prohibit entry of any person who is a member or associated with any organization involved in human rights violations. In the past, these countries declared organizations from Rawanda and other countries as human rights violators and have denied their members entry into their countries. According to Pannun, their organization will work to enlighten the western countries about the true face of Congress (I) so its members and leaders should also be denied entry into western countries.

According to Peermohammad, Congress (I)’s involvement is also proved from the fact that in November 1984 Sikhs were only killed in those states and areas where Congress (I) was in power or had strong influence.

Sikh Genocide 1984: Investigate role of Congress: SFJ, AISSF|SikhSiyasat.net – Sikh News and Multimedia.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM