Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Hard Talk Shamelessly Ungrateful People . What We Call In Punjabi "Akirtghan"

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Seeker2013, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Seeker2013

Seeker2013 India
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

I think I have already told you about some of my colleagues .

They insisted we go and see Udta punjab movie . I flatly declined because in their voice sounded a bit of mockery and their attitude a bit like "well , lets show you the movie . we will laugh at the condition of your home state and also show you condition of sikhs and {censored word, do not repeat.} you have to be proud of anyways ?"

So I showed one of them (he's a maharashtrian hindu) this link https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...93.cms&usg=AFQjCNH6TLAImjuIwtyHm6Sr5VFdgrN1tA

and said see when your home state had this drought issue, sikhs rather than mocking went ahead and spent tens of thousands per day helping the thirsty .

I was appalled and left in a state of shock when this guy stared at me with big eyes in anger and instead of uttering a single thank you , this ungrateful wretch instead said "Maharashtra govt sends millions of gallons , trains full of water.
    Why these people (sikhs) don't go to punjab and instead help their youth with drug issue ?" (he had seen the movie)
    So I told him punjab govt does what is possible . He cuts me short and says "What they do ? take bribe and release the culprits". He kept talking me with wide eyes all this time . he continued "And your (sikh people's) manmohan (former Prime minister) did loss while he was in office"

But the ungrateful wretch didn't utter a single thank you instead went on to bash the same sikh NGO (Khalsa Aid ) for not doing something in punjab .

And then I told him flat that in punjabi we call people like him "Akirtghan" (unthankful)
    and he replied "In our language, we call people like you ch**iya" (idiot)

I said "Sikhs continue helping people even if the people we help come back and hurt us .

Due to incidents like these, I have at times really begin to hate hindus as a whole. The kind of coldness I receive from some of them regarding sikhi is insane , but i remind myself that I can't judge a group due to actions of few

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution