• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk Shamelessly Ungrateful People . What We Call In Punjabi "Akirtghan"

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
I think I have already told you about some of my colleagues .

They insisted we go and see Udta punjab movie . I flatly declined because in their voice sounded a bit of mockery and their attitude a bit like "well , lets show you the movie . we will laugh at the condition of your home state and also show you condition of sikhs and {censored} you have to be proud of anyways ?"

So I showed one of them (he's a maharashtrian hindu) this link https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...93.cms&usg=AFQjCNH6TLAImjuIwtyHm6Sr5VFdgrN1tA

and said see when your home state had this drought issue, sikhs rather than mocking went ahead and spent tens of thousands per day helping the thirsty .

I was appalled and left in a state of shock when this guy stared at me with big eyes in anger and instead of uttering a single thank you , this ungrateful wretch instead said "Maharashtra govt sends millions of gallons , trains full of water.
Why these people (sikhs) don't go to punjab and instead help their youth with drug issue ?" (he had seen the movie)
So I told him punjab govt does what is possible . He cuts me short and says "What they do ? take bribe and release the culprits". He kept talking me with wide eyes all this time . he continued "And your (sikh people's) manmohan (former Prime minister) did loss while he was in office"

But the ungrateful wretch didn't utter a single thank you instead went on to bash the same sikh NGO (Khalsa Aid ) for not doing something in punjab .

And then I told him flat that in punjabi we call people like him "Akirtghan" (unthankful)
and he replied "In our language, we call people like you ch**iya" (idiot)

I said "Sikhs continue helping people even if the people we help come back and hurt us .

Due to incidents like these, I have at times really begin to hate hindus as a whole. The kind of coldness I receive from some of them regarding sikhi is insane , but i remind myself that I can't judge a group due to actions of few

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM