• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Shaheedi: Satwant Singh & Beant Singh 2009 New Punjabi Film

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
stupidjassiji

At first I was not clear regarding your message. But then read your comment on the siikhnet discussion board. I think I get it now.

Most people do not realize that anyone can post anything about anything on Wikipedia. Each article is a "wiki" and therefore you or I can edit an existing article. Even if we don't know anything about the subject matter. The idea behind a "wiki" on Wikipedia is that any article would over time be the result of many points of view from many people contributing their input. All of that collective effort would ideally result in an accurate and unbiased article because so many people were involved and made contributions.
There is a battalion of Wikipedia editors -- all volunteer -- who usually do not have expertise in the areas they oversee. They are very proud of their IQ scores. One or more editors will tag an article if they believe it lacks neutrality or if they believe that the subject is not noteworthy almost immediately. First it will go into discussion and then it will be pulled if there is a group opinion to do that.

Accuracy is a lesser concern. The bottom line. Many articles on Wikipedia are full of inaccuracies. It is next to impossible to have an article removed once it is published. Even if it is full of gross inaccuracies or even untruths about a person, a country, an organization, etc. This happens because the Wikipedia philosophy is as follows: The collective input of multiple authors over time will result in an objective and truthful article. This of course assumes that objective and truthful people are contributing to the effort of writing the article.

If you don't believe me read this article: http://spring.newsvine.com/_news/20...ses-chaos-on-wikipedia-gets-blocked-from-site

I still can't make the connection however. Is it true that the film was banned? Why would YouTube go along with the policies of the government of India (which does censor films related to 1984)? None of this adds up. Now I am wondering if there ever was such a film.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Funny thing is -- We won't know until the out of India (no historical pun intended) film screenings fail to materialize.

But ...whatever it is, it is not funny.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Funny thing is -- We won't know until the out of India (no historical pun intended) film screenings fail to materialize.

But ...whatever it is, it is not funny.

@randip singh : sadly ,yes its a hoax

@Narayanjot Kaur: Thanks for explanation. The concept for Wikiality is really ironical but unfortunaly it always worked like that . Like a punjabi proverb ਅੰਨ੍ਹਿਆਂ ਵਿਚ ਕਾਣਾ ਰਾਜਾ "Partial blind leading blind"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: