Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Shabad of the month: June,2006

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by Archived_Member16, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Archived_Member16

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Jan 7, 2005
    This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Pannaa 626

gur kw sbdu rKvwry ]gur kaa sabadh rakhavaarae ||The Word of the Guru's Shabad is my Saving Grace.

caukI cauigrd hmwry ]choukee chougiradh hamaarae ||It is a guardian posted on all four sides around me.

rwm nwim mnu lwgw ]raam naam man laagaa ||My mind is attached to the Lord's Name.

jmu ljwie kir Bwgw ]1]jam lajaae kar bhaagaa ||1||The Messenger of Death has run away in shame. ||1||

pRB jI qU myro suKdwqw ]prabh jee thoo maero sukhadhaathaa ||O Dear Lord, You are my Giver of peace.

bMDn kwit kry mnu inrmlu pUrn purKu ibDwqw ] rhwau ]ba(n)dhhan kaatt karae man niramal pooran purakh bidhhaathaa || rehaao ||The Perfect Lord, the Architect of Destiny, has shattered my bonds, and made my mind immaculately pure. ||Pause||

nwnk pRBu AibnwsI ]naanak prabh abinaasee ||O Nanak, God is eternal and imperishable.

qw kI syv n ibrQI jwsI ]thaa kee saev n birathhee jaasee ||Service to Him shall never go unrewarded.

And krih qyry dwsw ]anadh karehi thaerae dhaasaa ||Your slaves are in bliss;

jip pUrn hoeI Awsw ]2]4]68]jap pooran hoee aasaa ||2||4||68||chanting and meditating, their desires are fulfilled. ||2||4||68||

2. Loading...