Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Seven Wonders of the World

Discussion in 'Inspirational Stories' started by Admin Singh, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

A group of students was asked to list what they thought were the present Seven Wonders of the Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids World.

2. Taj Mahal

3. Grand Canyon

4. Panama Canal

5. Empire State Building

6. St. Peter's Basilica

7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one quiet student hadn't turned in her paper yet. So, she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list.

The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many." The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help."

The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are:
    1. to see

2. to hear

3. to touch

4. to taste

5. to feel

6. to laugh

7. and to love."

The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple, ordinary & take for granted are truly wondrous!

A gentle reminder that the most precious things in life cannot be bought.

Have a Great Day!

2. Loading...