Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Seeking Sikh Mentor

Discussion in 'New to Sikhism' started by damo, Feb 13, 2014.

1. damo

damo
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

So much about Sikhism appeals to me but I am overwhelmed. It would be great to have a buddy or someone to help guide me. The temple is far for me to get to and a bit intimidating.

Basically I could use a mentor to help me out. E-mail, Skype, chat would be great.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Loading...

3. Harry Haller

Harry Haller United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Writer SPNer Contributor

if you want my advice, the mentor you are looking for does not exist, they would have their own agenda, interpretation, meaning, etc etc, you would only learn what they have learned.

This forum is a great place to discuss ideas and philosophies, why don't you take your time and learn at your own pace, the temple is not as important as the information you contemplate.

Good luck

• Like Like x 6
  4. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

MAKE SPN your buddy..we all contribute..and you will elarn very fast..and stay on the path of gurmatt.:faujasingh:

• Like Like x 4
  5. aristotle

aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

damo Ji,
    We here at SPN can discuss your queries and questions regarding Sikhism, and have a mutually benefitting dialogue. Give it a try.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sherdil

Sherdil
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

All of SPN can be your guide. You should try to read GGS on your own, to develop a personal relationship to the teachings. There are many resources online to help you. :happymunda:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Requiem

Requiem
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

As a convert to Sikhi, my advice is that you shouldn't limit yourself to just one POV (point of view). Pretty much everybody has their own personal interpretation of Guru Granth Sahib and of what it means to be a Sikh. A discussion board such as this one is a great place to ask questions and bounce ideas off of others, but I do think you should read the Guru Granth Sahib for yourself and interpret it with your own heart.

• Like Like x 7