• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Seeds

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
What is growing in your self\soul garden?

indifference to the self, awareness of others
Which seeds are you planting today?
financial ones, I do not wish to have another heart attack and then be a burden on those I love

With what (actions, thoughts, habits) are you\will you water them?
determined ones

What might be their fruit?
I can look after myself and others if I so wish

Which weeds are you pulling up?
those that would imprison me in a world of compromise

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
This sounds a lot like a New Years resolution! :p

I'm not sure what seeds to plant.

I can only play the cards that the Universe gives me.

May I perform my duties to the best of my ability, without involving my own desires.

May I receive whatever the Universe gives me as Gur Prasaad.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

May I perform my duties to the best of my ability, without involving my own desires.

in my view, all the universe can give you via Gur Prassad is opportunity, as for desire, I have no desire, because that is what I desire

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Panna 23

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ਘਰੁ
Sirīrāg mėhlā 1 gẖar 3.
Siree Raag, First Mehl, Third House:

ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਧਰਤੀ ਬੀਜੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਰੋ ਸਲਿਲ ਆਪਾਉ ਸਾਰਿੰਗਪਾਣੀ
Ih ṯan ḏẖarṯī bīj karmā karo salil āpā▫o sāringpāṇī.
Make this body the field, and plant the seed of good actions. Water it with the Name of the Lord, who holds all the world in His Hands.

ਮਨੁ ਕਿਰਸਾਣੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਿਦੈ ਜੰਮਾਇ ਲੈ ਇਉ ਪਾਵਸਿ ਪਦੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੧॥
Man kirsāṇ har riḏai jammā▫e lai i▫o pāvas paḏ nirbāṇī. ||1||
Let your mind be the farmer; the Lord shall sprout in your heart, and you shall attain the state of Nirvaanaa. ||1||

ਕਾਹੇ ਗਰਬਸਿ ਮੂੜੇ ਮਾਇਆ
Kāhe garbas mūṛe mā▫i▫ā.
You fool! Why are you so proud of Maya?

ਪਿਤ ਸੁਤੋ ਸਗਲ ਕਾਲਤ੍ਰ ਮਾਤਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਹੋਹਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਸਖਾਇਆ ਰਹਾਉ
Piṯ suṯo sagal kālṯar māṯā ṯere hohi na anṯ sakẖā▫i▫ā. Rahā▫o.
Father, children, spouse, mother and all relatives-they shall not be your helpers in the end. ||Pause||

ਬਿਖੈ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਦੁਸਟ ਕਿਰਖਾ ਕਰੇ ਇਨ ਤਜਿ ਆਤਮੈ ਹੋਇ ਧਿਆਈ
Bikẖai bikār ḏusat kirkẖā kare in ṯaj āṯmai ho▫e ḏẖi▫ā▫ī.
So weed out evil, wickedness and corruption; leave these behind, and let your soul meditate on God.

ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਸੰਜਮੁ ਹੋਹਿ ਜਬ ਰਾਖੇ ਕਮਲੁ ਬਿਗਸੈ ਮਧੁ ਆਸ੍ਰਮਾਈ ॥੨॥
Jap ṯap sanjam hohi jab rākẖe kamal bigsai maḏẖ āsarmā▫ī. ||2||
When chanting, austere meditation and self-discipline become your protectors, then the lotus blossoms forth, and the honey trickles out. ||2||

ਬੀਸ ਸਪਤਾਹਰੋ ਬਾਸਰੋ ਸੰਗ੍ਰਹੈ ਤੀਨਿ ਖੋੜਾ ਨਿਤ ਕਾਲੁ ਸਾਰੈ
Bīs sapṯāhro bāsro sangrahai ṯīn kẖoṛā niṯ kāl sārai.
Bring the twenty-seven elements of the body under your control, and throughout the three stages of life, remember death.

ਦਸ ਅਠਾਰ ਮੈ ਅਪਰੰਪਰੋ ਚੀਨੈ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਇਵ ਏਕੁ ਤਾਰੈ ॥੩॥੨੬॥
Ḏas aṯẖār mai aprampro cẖīnai kahai Nānak iv ek ṯārai. ||3||26||
See the Infinite Lord in the ten directions, and in all the variety of nature. Says Nanak, in this way, the One Lord shall carry you across. ||3||26||​

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012

“A man's mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must, and will, bring forth. If no useful seeds are put into it, then an abundance of useless weed seeds will fall therein, and will continue to produce their kind.”
James Allen, As a Man Thinketh

broken

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2016
High Desert, CA
I stood and stared at my mistake. It was glaring at me. I could see it clearly. My plants have blossoms. It was time to change the nutrient mixture. Also, it is steadily at or over 90* so the water loss through the system is high.

So, I mixed up a new batch of nutrients (less nitrogen, more phosphorus and potassium) and I increased the water level in the reservoir to 10 gallons. It was here where I overloaded the nutrients and burned a few plants within just a little bit of time.

I look at my outside self. I see a quirky man that tries too much each day to live by his life's motto: Lead with kindness, Love without fear.

Some days I'm just too lofty and weird to be of any true value. My nutrient mix is off center and I might be burning the leaves of those around me. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Yes, just ask my garden.

So what is in my garden on my soul?

I hope it is love, joy, hope, peace, happiness and freedom but maybe it comes across as weirdo, old guy, mental patient and wino.

Then I look down at my flippies (February brings about the end of shoe season for me) and realize I walk on the ground with those I am trying to demonstrate love, joy, hope, peace, happiness and freedom to ....

My garden out back is all hydroponics. I live in the desert. But the garden of my mind .... it's planted in the world. In the same soil as everyone else. Hopefully the bountiful harvest of love, joy, hope, peace, happiness and freedom is visible to all, and inquired of by those being drawn near.

This is my hope anyway. I can have all the terrific intent I can muster, but in the end can anyone relate to what I am attempting to model?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I look at my outside self. I see a quirky man that tries too much each day to live by his life's motto: Lead with kindness, Love without fear.

Some days I'm just too lofty and weird to be of any true value. My nutrient mix is off center and I might be burning the leaves of those around me. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? Yes, just ask my garden.

I see a man trying to find himself, rather than spend eternity with just another false personality

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: