• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Secret To Married Bliss - The Wife Is Always Right!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Liu Fuben and his wife Shi Jihui are the world’s oldest still living married couple. And they’ve revealed the secret of 85 years of married bliss.
Secret to married bliss - the wife is always right!

Fuben, 95, and Jihui, 100, spoke after registering their claim with the Guinness Book of Records.

Liu said: "We are still very much in love and always will be. As to the secret of a long marriage – avoid arguments like the plague and remember the golden rule – she’s always right."

His wife Shi added: "It’s true I am – but that doesn’t stop him doing what he wants anyway."

The Beijing couple had an arranged marriage when they were very young as was common in China at that time. Liu was only ten at the time and Shi 15, reports The Telegraph.

Shi added: "I suppose being older meant I could bully him a bit – and train him to be a good husband. They say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks so get them while they are young.

"In our village at that time, men used to marry at a very young age while the wife should be a several years older than the man so she can better take care of the family and be more mature."

The couple’s son Liu Shuxi, 64, said: "They still really love each other."

"My mother takes very good care of my father still," Liu said.

Forwarded by forum member Tejwant Singh ji Malik.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
In this polluting world, can someone from our generation think of living and loving upto tthis age. God bless them another century of happy living.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM