Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

SALDEF SALDEF National Gala: Celebrating 15 Years

Discussion in 'Sikh Organisations' started by Satyaban, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Satyaban

Satyaban
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

I read the notice about the "SALDEF National Gala: Celebrating 15 Years" and because I don't live that far away, maybe 40 miles and I certainly have the time, I considered going until I saw the price tag. Although I am not a Sikh I knew it would be educational for me. How ever when I saw the price I was quite surprised.

It looks more like a fundraiser more than a celebration which is cool I guess but $125 for a 3 hour lesson is far too pricey for me. I hope those who can afford it appreciate their position.

Peace always
    Satyaban

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    SALDEF Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta to be Honored at SALDEF National Gala Sikh Organisations Aug 28, 2011
    USA SALDEF Condemns Attack On LGBT Community Breaking News Jun 13, 2016
    SALDEF Announcing An Executive Director Transition At SALDEF Sikh Organisations Mar 22, 2016
    SALDEF Turban Myths Engages Sikhs at Stanford University (Must Read from SALDEF) Sikh Organisations Dec 24, 2013
    SALDEF Be an Intern in Washington This Summer (SALDEF) Sikh Organisations Dec 18, 2013

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I am curious how the original article was removed. SALDEF is an organinzation that has done more for freedom of religious expression in the US than any other group on a shoestring budget. Penny for penny and dollar for dollar their federal cases, and wins in federal court, stretch farther than those of older, larger and richer organizations. When you think of advocacy for kirpan in school, and protection of turban in airports, or movement against hate crimes affecting all religious minorities, their track record is reknowned.

They depend on us for support and that is why the gala tickets were posted here. I have to repost. Thanks for your positive reaction, Satyaban ji.

Reposting

You and your family are cordially invited to the
    SALDEF National Gala: Celebrating 15 Years
    Our 15th Anniversary Gala is a milestone we could not celebrate without you, the supporters who make our work possible. It is a chance to reflect on the impact that our supporters have made since our founding in 1996. We will also honor those who have surmounted challenges and worked towards solutions, unity, and healing, in the ten years since 9/11.
    Purchase Your Gala Tickets Online Today
    Please Join us on
    October 8, 2011
    from 6pm to 9pm
    at the
    J.W. Marriott Hotel
    1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC
    with
    Former Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta
    Rana Singh Sodhi
    Daya Singh Khalsa, CEO, Akal Security

Live Entertainment by
    Kiran Ahluwalia & Group
    FREE Child Care Available On-site During the Gala
    Purchase Your Gala Tickets Online Today
    Table: $1000 | Individual: $125 | Student: $65

http://www.saldef.org/news/an-invitation-to-join-us-october-8-2011/#more-6340

If you would like to purchase a table for your family, business, or gurdwara, or are interested in placing an advertisement in the Gala program book please contact Jasjit Singh via phone at 202-393-2700 ext. 127 or via email at Click here to email. Space is limited.

• Like Like x 1
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Thread moved back to the SALDEF section of Sikh Organizattions

5. Satyaban

Satyaban
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

OK, now can you get me a 75% discount, I won't eat much I promise.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I wish I could. Why not give them a call and see what they way, or an email. There are some contact details. Don't forget to give SPN a plug. I wish that I could also go.welcomekaur

• Like Like x 1
  7. Satyaban

Satyaban
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

spnadmin ji

Thank you for the advice I think I will.

8. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Floyd Mori to be Honored
    at SALDEF National Gala

Join us at the SALDEF National Gala in Washington, DC, on Saturday, October 8, 2011. Along with marking our fifteenth anniversary, we will commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11, honor our awardees, and enjoy cultural entertainment.

We are pleased to announce that Floyd Mori will be recognized for his leadership in civil and human rights and efforts to achieve equality for all.

Purchase your tickets online today.

Floyd Mori is currently the National Executive Director of the Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) after having served as Director of Public Policy for the JACL, the oldest and largest Asian American civil and human rights organization in the nation. He also served as the Chair of the National Council on Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA), a coalition of national Asian Pacific American organizations of which SALDEF is a member.

While teaching Economics at Chabot College in Hayward, California, Mori became involved in politics and was elected City Councilman and Mayor of the City of Pleasanton, California, in the Bay Area.