Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Anoop, May 1, 2006.

1. Anoop

Anoop
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Recently on the astha channel ( health channel that comes worldwide), i watched this programmed that was about a sadhguru who reminds me of a sikh guru. He looked so inspiring, he talked about divine, the mind, ego, soul, and he answered questions in english, but its like hes teaching what sikhism is. He preches about the divinity, and truth, and how should it be experienced. Would Sikhism support his views?

2. vijaydeep Singh

vijaydeep Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gurfateh

The desiple of this Guru will be his Sikhs.

But we are Gursikhs ie follower of God GURU and one with the same and even ourself enjoy the status of Guru.

As Sikh we need to respect the Gurus of other faiths and see God in them also.

3. Anoop

Anoop
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

whats a sadhguru ... how is it different to guru?

4. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

anoop ji in india many sadhus sants preach what is written in sikhism.
    the only difference is they say that they are the gurus while we beleive that guru granth sahib is the living guru.

5. drkhalsa

drkhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Dear All

As I ahve recently known him , he is yoga teacher . He is educated highly articulate in english and is teaching peopl spirtuality starting with Yoga .I have seen a vedio of him speaking in world economic forum where he refered God As Eternal and formless one .He is founder of Isha Foundation

Well I dont know how he is infact., I mean whether genuine giude or Fraud but still as I believe we should not disrespect any body as he could have something beautiful to offer to this world . About his relation to sikhism , I have,nt found any .

Still I would recomend that if any body who wants to follow the path of Yoga and is following Sikh path of spirtuality then he should better go for Yogi Bhajan Ji's Kundlani Yoga

Jatinder Singh