• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Pyaare Jios, GurFateh!

The forum has been growing its membership with dedication, and the number of members have been increasing rapidly.

Thank you for becoming a part of SPN. As more of you have joined, the this forum has become more interesting, and our goal of having a diverse forum has become more of a reality each day.

Surely, you can do this for your Sikh Sangat worldwide! We can achieve our dream of 125,000 community members by simply sending an occasional email invitation to 5-10 of our friends, relatives, colleagues from your email address book & encourage them to visit and join SPN!

All it takes is a few minutes of your precious time and you would be doing it fully knowing that your time spent is for a great cause. :shykudi:
Click Here To Send Invitations Now!

Looking forward to your response positively as always!

Gurfateh!

Attachments

• sahebzade.jpg
    sahebzade.jpg
    28.6 KB · Reads: 1,581

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Almost 10,000 Members! Getting Ready to Celebrate

When I joined SPN..it was just a new born baby...I had no idea it would grow up to be such a handsome young lad...for me..just like we look at new born babies...and fall in love with them..accept for what they are..and what they represent...the future they hold locked up in their tiny fists..they way they grab your finger in their tiny palms...I accepted SPN as it was..and I am glad I stayed....its been a long and wonderful journey..and I hope SPN will keep the Fires burning..the Glow shining...and bring many many more wandering Sikhs on to the Path our Gurus set out for us...and be forever a lighthouse on the wild sea shore..showing the way...a Beacon in the darkness on the Ocean of Maya...May Guru Ji continue to Hold His Blessed Hands over us all...:wah::up:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Re: 9,700 SPN'ers, 107,653 Messages & Your Ideas To Promote SPN!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Counter : 9,700 SPN'ers, 107,653 Messages, Dated : Sec 25, 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear SPNers,

As we achieve another little milestone, this is just to reiterate our resolve to make SPN a Sawa Lakh (125000) members community and beyond... Your kind support in this endeavor is of monumental importance... :wah:

And as we grow, we would like to hear your ideas to promote SPN across all channels... Your suggestions are solicited in this direction so that we can focus on these areas in all earnest.

Please Note: We will update this topic, each time another century of members is achieved... :up:

Gurfateh

Aman Singh

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Re: Strong 9,700 SPN'ers & Your Ideas To Promote SPN!!

Namaste

You know "namaste" is used as a catch all "hello" these days but when it is said with hands held close together, finger tips touching and held just so high it says "I see the essence of God in you" and that is how I use the word.

Anyway I am not such a forward thinking person to answer my sister NK ji's questions but this I can say.

I found this site because I was looking for a Sikh web site. I joined straight away but was a slow poster and felt my way around for a while. The site has gone through some changes and have liked them all but it is the quality of the posts that have kept me here and the people I have met.

So what am I saying here? Enough can't be said about diversity, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more folks like me, or Ausdesi ji or Sage ji but this is a Sikh site. I don't know about facebook or twitter nor do I have a desire to. However I know when I post here I have to be as sharp as I can be or be trounced intellectually at anytime and do not wish to have that diminished in any way for the sake of numbers.

Peace
Satyaban

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Satyanban ji

That is actually a big compliment. Thanks.

It is true that our participation by Hindus is not extensive. I don't know the membership statistics but only a small percentage of members post so the number of Hindu posters would likewise be smaller by the law of averages. There have also been some Hindu imposters, posing as if they have a Hindu identity, from time to time, and they tend to count themselves in.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre

Ya I like posting here. Its nice and cool discussions with no duckheads(as my New Zealander friends would say) around.

In terms of suggestions:

1) Its hard to find a thread once i've posted in it. The panel on the right only shows the most recent ones. Sometimes i have to go looking to see if anyone replied. Maybe im just not using the features right

2) I think the active membership needs to grow. I suggest a fb group etc BUT I would like to say that before you do that please make sure you know what separates this forum from others and this should be highlighted in facebook or twitter.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

1. Simply, click on your username above and from the drop down select > Find all posts by Username> :)

2. We have a presence at Facebook but not an active one... and its a good suggestion. Thanks

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Aman Singh ji a separate page with the updated threads that you have replied to, would be nice. I think that's what AusDesi is asking for as well.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

Bahgat Singh ji, this is exactly what i have suggested in the point 1.

or

at the top you can use Advanced Search Option

its is as comprehensive as it can get...

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA

Namaskar everyone

Perhaps I misunderstand Aus ji but it sounds like he is not subscribing to threads thus not getting alerts of new posts.

Always peace first

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Re: 9,800 SPN'ers, 108424 Messages, Ur Ideas To Promote SPN!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Milestone Update: 9,800 SPN'ers, 108,424 Messages
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: 9,800 SPN'ers, 108424 Messages, Ur Ideas To Promote SPN!!

Bravo SPN and Thanks To All Who Have Made Our Membership Big and Beautiful:happy:

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Re: 9,800 SPN'ers 1,08,424 Messages, Ur Ideas To Promote SPN!!

Namaste all
This site has come along way since I joined in Aug of 2005. Wow that was four years ago and so much has changed. I would very much like to see what the site looked like back then.

Peace
Satyaban

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Re: 9,800 SPN'ers 1,08,424 Messages, Ur Ideas To Promote SPN!!

We can celebrate the 10,000th member by publishing a book containing chosen articles from SPN.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Re: 9,900 SPN'ers 1,09,400 Messages, Ur Ideas To Promote SPN!!

9,900 SPN'ers 1,09,400 Messages

We are on the threshold of something phenomenal... :ice:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: 9,900 SPN'ers 1,09,400 Messages, Ur Ideas To Promote SPN!!

That sounds wonderful -- the sound of 9.900! It will be a magical 2-3 weeks and then we are in new territory.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Re: SPN Strikes 10,000 Members!!

One more milestone for SPN which turns into the springboard to become better in all aspects as far as equality for ALL is concerned.

It should become the starting gate to start local chapters all around the world where SPN members can pitch in the society in all ways and forms, whether is it feeding the hungry, cleaning the neglected nooks of the city, helping others when there is flood, visiting schools to introduce Sikhi and use its tools to motivate others against prejudice and discrimination. The list is as infinite as THE SOURCE.

Now is the time for the members to walk the walk after talking the talk in the forum.

All kinds of ideas are welcome. Let's brainstorm and put Sikhi in the true limelight that our visionary Gurus gave us the tools for.

We are the carriers of Nishan Sahibs. Nishan Sahib has a great significant in Sikhi. Our Gurus made this amazing symbol tall and mighty so all people, even those who were strangers to Sikhi could follow it like the Northern Star in the sky and come to quench their physical hunger, rest and fulfill their spiritual void.

Nishan Sahib is the Lighthouse of Sikhi but it has the totally opposite objective. It does not warn the people in their boats of life to runaway from it but it invites all to anchor them there and they will feel safe. No hidden boulders ( dogmas) will harm their inner boats.

So, only by holding the hand of our next door neighbour in need, no matter which hue, creed or faith he/she belongs to, we can become the Lighthouses of Sikhi. Sikhi demands this from us. Our Gurus taught us this trait. Let us use the tool box that our Gurus gave us in the form of SGGS, our ONLY GURU and let us hold our ONLY GURU'S hand and be guided to become Sikhs because we all know that one is not born a Sikh but becomes one.

Congratulations!!! SPN. You have come a long way from crawling. Now let's walk the walk....

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: