• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Research On 1984 Before And After

Dec 7, 2006
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and am hoping there are Sikhs out there willing to share their thoughts and perhaps stories with me.

I am researching 1984 and have read and watched as much as is out there on 1984. Currently the only two books, as far as I know, EVER written about the subject are:

Amritsar: Indira Gandhi's last battle by Satish Jacob and Mark Tully, which claims Indira Gandhi didn't have a vendetta against the Sikhs, she was just trying to quell Bhindranwala and his men. Hmmm.

Operation Blue Star, the Tragedy of Punjab by Khushwant Singh and Kuldip Nayer--interesting, but I didn't find any real new information presented here.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could expand this list. Specifically, I'm looking for sources and where to find them such as the 1984 "report" which in effect, did nothing.

Indira Gandhi and Bhindranwala's political relationship. I've heard that they were seen together at political rallies when she thought he would be her puppet.

Has anyone heard of the conspiracy theory regarding the Pakistani Intelligence connection?

Does anyone have videos or perhaps audio speeches by Bhindranwala which they could send me or tell me where to find it?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------

Jan 30, 2005
I suggest you read the following books;

1) Fighting for Faith and Nation by Cynthia Mahmood
2) Report to the Nation written in 1985 - some of it can be found on panthic weekly
3) Gallant Defender by A.R. Darshi
4) Speeches of Baba Jarnail Singh in a book "Singh Garaj" or listen to them online.

Once you are done, come back and we will discuss everything in details though there shouldn't be any need of it then. The books you have read are highly biased and written by anti-Sikh authors.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Badal made Mrs Gandhi panicky after making Devel of Sant Ji to her and which compelled her to send Army(which again Badal wanted).Mrs Gandhi and her family initaly had great regards for Taksal.More after she saw outspoken Baba Kartar Singh great words duing 500 years Shahedi of Ninth Master.

Dec 7, 2006
Hi Bob,

Have a look at these sources for staters;

Jeffrey A. Sluka, ed., "Dynamics of Terror in Punjab and Kashmir," Death Squad: The Anthropology of State Terror, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2000

Patwant Singh, The Sikhs, Doubleday , New York , 2001

Sikhs and Sikhism" in Selected Works of Sirdar Kapur Singh: Some Insights into Sikhism, edited by Madanjit Kaur & Piar Singh, Guru Nanak Dev University , Amritsar .

Anthropology of State Terror, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2000,

Jeffrey A. Sluka, ed., Joyce Pettigrew, Death Squad: The Anthropology of State Terror, "Parents and Their Children in Situations of Terror," ( Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 2000), p. 205

Oppression in Punjab -- Report to the Nation, by Citizens for Democracy, August 12, 1985

. "Persecuted For Challenging Injustice: Human Rights Defenders in India ," Amnesty International, 2000

paapi_banda

SPNer
Nov 29, 2006
Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and am hoping there are Sikhs out there willing to share their thoughts and perhaps stories with me.

I am researching 1984 and have read and watched as much as is out there on 1984. Currently the only two books, as far as I know, EVER written about the subject are:

Amritsar: Indira Gandhi's last battle by Satish Jacob and Mark Tully, which claims Indira Gandhi didn't have a vendetta against the Sikhs, she was just trying to quell Bhindranwala and his men. Hmmm.

Operation Blue Star, the Tragedy of Punjab by Khushwant Singh and Kuldip Nayer--interesting, but I didn't find any real new information presented here.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could expand this list. Specifically, I'm looking for sources and where to find them such as the 1984 "report" which in effect, did nothing.

Indira Gandhi and Bhindranwala's political relationship. I've heard that they were seen together at political rallies when she thought he would be her puppet.

Has anyone heard of the conspiracy theory regarding the Pakistani Intelligence connection?

Does anyone have videos or perhaps audio speeches by Bhindranwala which they could send me or tell me where to find it?

Thanks!

Hii Bob.. u can download very informative videos from hereVideos-KhalsaForce Network

Also checkout this page http://www.khalsaforce.net/santjarnailsingh.html

and for Bhindrawale's audios u can mail me at digitalhacker007@hotmail.com

http://www.khalsaforce.net/santjarnailsingh.html

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: