• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Quran - To All Sikh Students

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
The Qur'an takes away the freedom of belief from all humanity and relegates those who disbelieve in Islam to hell (5:10),

Those who do not surrender to will of God are not salvaged.
005.009YUSUFALI: To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward.
PICKTHAL: Allah hath promised those who believe and do good works: Theirs will be forgiveness and immense reward.
SHAKIR: Allah has promised to those who believe and do good deeds (that) they shall have forgiveness and a mighty reward
005.010YUSUFALI: Those who reject faith and deny our signs will be companions of Hell-fire.
PICKTHAL: And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.
SHAKIR: And (as for) those who disbelieve and reject our communications, these are the c
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Call in remembrance the favour of Allah unto you when certain men formed the design to stretch out their hands against you, but (Allah) held back their hands from you: so fear Allah. And on Allah let believers put (all) their trust.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Remember Allah's favour unto you, how a people were minded to stretch out their hands against you but He withheld their hands from you; and keep your duty to Allah. In Allah let believers put their trust.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! remember Allah's favor on you when a people had determined to stretch forth their hands towards you, but He withheld their hands from you, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and on Allah let the believers rely.
ompanions of the name.

calls them najis (filthy, untouchable, impure) (9:28),

As they are in worldly affairs and world is like dirt for highy spritula people.

YUSUFALI: Again will Allah, after this, turn (in mercy) to whom He will: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: Then afterward Allah will relent toward whom He will; for Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: Then will Allah after this turn (mercifully) to whom He pleases, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean, so they shall not approach the Sacred Mosque after this year; and if you fear poverty then Allah will enrich you out of His grace if He please; surely Allah is Knowing Wise.
YUSUFALI: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
PICKTHAL: Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.
SHAKIR: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

and orders its followers to fight the unbelievers until no other religion except Islam is left (2:193).

fight may not be with violance but by preaching to surrnender to the will of God.
YUSUFALI: But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
YUSUFALI: And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.
PICKTHAL: And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.
SHAKIR: And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.
YUSUFALI: The prohibited month for the prohibited month,- and so for all things prohibited,- there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.
PICKTHAL: The forbidden month for the forbidden month, and forbidden things in retaliation. And one who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is with those who ward off (evil).
SHAKIR: The Sacred month for the sacred month and all sacred things are (under the law of) retaliation; whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you and be careful (of your duty) to Allah and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

It says that the "non-believers will go to hell and will drink boiling water" (14:17).

it may means the rebirth and boiling or hot water in mothers womb but more it is symbolic to pagan arabs or Kureshis at that time.

Das here wants to tell that in Islamic law non Muslim subject is jimmi(responsibilety of Muslim ruler) and is not supposed to guive Jakat 25% in real but 2.5% interpetaions by {censored} Pakis(not all Pakistanis are bad but there are some infidal who misinterpret holy Scripture).but thier Tax Zaziya can be weavered if they are poor.

YUSUFALI: Their messengers said to them: "True, we are human like yourselves, but Allah doth grant His grace to such of his servants as He pleases. It is not for us to bring you an authority except as Allah permits. And on Allah let all men of faith put their trust.
PICKTHAL: Their messengers said unto them: We are but mortals like you, but Allah giveth grace unto whom He will of His slaves. It is not ours to bring you a warrant unless by the permission of Allah. In Allah let believers put their trust!
SHAKIR: Their messengers said to them: We are nothing but mortals like yourselves, but Allah bestows (His) favors on whom He pleases of His servants, and it is not for us that we should bring you an authority except by Allah's permission; and on Allah should the believers rely.
YUSUFALI: "No reason have we why we should not put our trust on Allah. Indeed He Has guided us to the Ways we (follow). We shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. For those who put their trust should put their trust on Allah."
PICKTHAL: How should we not put our trust in Allah when He hath shown us our ways? We surely will endure the hurt ye do us. In Allah let the trusting put their trust.
SHAKIR: And what reason have we that we should not rely on Allah? And He has indeed guided us in our ways; and certainly we would bear with patience your persecution of us; and on Allah should the reliant rely.
YUSUFALI: And the Unbelievers said to their messengers: "Be sure we shall drive you out of our land, or ye shall return to our religion." But their Lord inspired (this Message) to them: "Verily We shall cause the wrong-doers to perish!
PICKTHAL: And those who disbelieved said unto their messengers: Verily we will drive you out from our land, unless ye return to our religion. Then their Lord inspired them, (saying): Verily we shall destroy the wrong-doers,
SHAKIR: And those who disbelieved said to their messengers: We will most certainly drive you forth from our land, or else you shall come back into our religion. So their Lord revealed to them: Most certainly We will destroy the unjust.
YUSUFALI: "And verily We shall cause you to abide in the land, and succeed them. This for such as fear the Time when they shall stand before My tribunal,- such as fear the punishment denounced."
PICKTHAL: And verily We shall make you to dwell in the land after them. This is for him who feareth My Majesty and feareth My threats.
SHAKIR: And most certainly We will settle you in the land after them; this is for him who fears standing in My presence and who fears My threat.
YUSUFALI: But they sought victory and decision (there and then), and frustration was the lot of every powerful obstinate transgressor.
PICKTHAL: And they sought help (from their Lord) and every froward potentate was bought to naught;
SHAKIR: And they asked for judgment and every insolent opposer was disappointed:
YUSUFALI: In front of such a one is Hell, and he is given, for drink, boiling fetid water.
PICKTHAL: Hell is before him, and he is made to drink a festering water,
SHAKIR: Hell is before him and he shall be given to drink of festering water:
YUSUFALI: In gulps will he sip it, but never will he be near swallowing it down his throat: death will come to him from every quarter, yet will he not die: and in front of him will be a chastisement unrelenting.
PICKTHAL: Which he sippeth but can hardly swallow, and death cometh unto him from every side while yet he cannot die, and before him is a harsh doom.
SHAKIR: He will drink it little by little and will not be able to swallow it agreeably, and death will come to him from every quarter, but he shall not die; and there shall be vehement chastisement before him.
YUSUFALI: The parable of those who reject their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a tempestuous day: No power have they over aught that they have earned: that is the straying far, far (from the goal).
PICKTHAL: A similitude of those who disbelieve in their Lord: Their works are as ashes which the wind bloweth hard upon a stormy day. They have no control of aught that they have earned. That is the extreme failure.
SHAKIR: The parable of those who disbelieve in their Lord: their actions are like ashes on which the wind blows hard on a stormy day; they shall not have power over any thing out of what they have earned; this is the great error.
YUSUFALI: Seest thou not that Allah created the heavens and the earth in Truth? If He so will, He can remove you and put (in your place) a new creation?
PICKTHAL: Hast thou not seen that Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth? If He will, He can remove you and bring (in) some new creation;
SHAKIR: Do you not see that Allah created the heavens and the earth with truth? If He please He will take you off and bring a new creation,
YUSUFALI: Nor is that for Allah any great matter.
PICKTHAL: And that is no great matter for Allah.
SHAKIR: And this is not difficult for Allah.
YUSUFALI: They will all be marshalled before Allah together: then will the weak say to those who were arrogant, "For us, we but followed you; can ye then avail us to all against the wrath of Allah?" They will reply, "If we had received the Guidance of Allah, we should have given it to you: to us it makes no difference (now) whether we rage, or bear (these torments) with patience: for ourselves there is no way of escape."
PICKTHAL: They all come forth unto their Lord. Then those who were despised say unto those who were scornful: We were unto you a following, can ye then avert from us aught of Allah's doom? They say: Had Allah guided us, we should have guided you. Whether we rage or patiently endure is (now) all one for us; we have no place of refuge.
SHAKIR: And they shall all come forth before Allah, then the weak shall say to those who were proud: Surely we were your followers, can you therefore avert from us any part of the chastisement of Allah? They would say: If Allah had guided us, we too would have guided you; it is the same to us whether we are impatient (now) or patient, there is no place for us to fly to.

014.022YUSUFALI: And Satan will say when the matter is decided: "It was Allah Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with Allah. For wrong-doers there must be a grievous penalty."
PICKTHAL: And Satan saith, when the matter hath been decided: Lo! Allah promised you a promise of truth; and I promised you, then failed you. And I had no power over you save that I called unto you and ye obeyed me. So blame not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can ye help me, Lo! I disbelieved in that which ye before ascribed to me. Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom.
SHAKIR: And the Shaitan shall say after the affair is decided: Surely Allah promised you the promise of truth, and I gave you promises, then failed to keep them to you, and I had no authority over you, except that I called you and you obeyed me, therefore do not blame me but blame yourselves: I cannot be your aider (now) nor can you be my aiders; surely I disbelieved in your associating me with Allah before; surely it is the unjust that shall have the painful punishment

(das just wants you to read the whole verse around and get the context).
It asks the Muslims to "slay or crucify or cut the hands and feet of the unbelievers, that they be expelled from the land with disgrace and that they shall have a great punishment in world hereafter" (5:34).
It was reaction as Bhima did to Duryodhan or Dushasana(it is part of Mahabharata containing Bhagwat Gita) so here also pagan people are told to be punished to oppse and oppress Muslims.

See that is is self defence.

YUSUFALI: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;
PICKTHAL: The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;
SHAKIR: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,
YUSUFALI: Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: Save those who repent before ye overpower them. For know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: Except those who repent before you have them in your power; so know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

And tells us that "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods" (22:19-22)

YUSUFALI: If any think that Allah will not help him (His Messenger) in this world and the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and cut (himself) off: then let him see whether his plan will remove that which enrages (him)!
PICKTHAL: Whoso is wont to think (through envy) that Allah will not give him (Muhammad) victory in the world and the Hereafter (and is enraged at the thought of his victory), let him stretch a rope up to the roof (of his dwelling), and let him hang himself. Then let him see whether his strategy dispelleth that whereat he rageth!.
SHAKIR: Whoever thinks that Allah will not assist him in this life and the hereafter, let him stretch a rope to the ceiling, then let him cut (it) off, then let him see if his struggle will take away that at which he is enraged.
YUSUFALI: Thus have We sent down Clear Signs; and verily Allah doth guide whom He will!
PICKTHAL: Thus We reveal it as plain revelations, and verily Allah guideth whom He will.
SHAKIR: And thus have We revealed it, being clear arguments, and because Allah guides whom He intends.
YUSUFALI: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.
PICKTHAL: Lo! those who believe (this revelation), and those who are Jews, and the Sabaeans and the Christians and the Magians and the idolaters - Lo! Allah will decide between them on the Day of Resurrection. Lo! Allah is Witness over all things.
SHAKIR: Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians and the Magians and those who associate (others with Allah)-- surely Allah will decide between them on the day of resurrection; surely Allah is a witness over all things.
YUSUFALI: Seest thou not that to Allah bow down in worship all things that are in the heavens and on earth,- the sun, the moon, the stars; the hills, the trees, the animals; and a great number among mankind? But a great number are (also) such as are fit for Punishment: and such as Allah shall disgrace,- None can raise to honour: for Allah carries out all that He wills.
PICKTHAL: Hast thou not seen that unto Allah payeth adoration whosoever is in the heavens and whosoever is in the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the hills, and the trees, and the beasts, and many of mankind, while there are many unto whom the doom is justly due. He whom Allah scorneth, there is none to give him honour. Lo! Allah doeth what He will.
SHAKIR: Do you not see that Allah is He, Whom obeys whoever is in the heavens and whoever is in the earth, and the sun and the moon and the stars, and the mountains and the trees, and the animals and many of the people; and many there are against whom chastisement has become necessary; and whomsoever Allah abases, there is none who can make him honorable; surely Allah does what He pleases.
YUSUFALI: These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.
PICKTHAL: These twain (the believers and the disbelievers) are two opponents who contend concerning their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,
SHAKIR: These are two adversaries who dispute about their Lord; then (as to) those who disbelieve, for them are cut out garments of fire, boiling water shall be poured over their heads.
YUSUFALI: With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.
PICKTHAL: Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted;
SHAKIR: With it shall be melted what is in their bellies and (their) skins as well.
YUSUFALI: In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.
PICKTHAL: And for them are hooked rods of iron.
SHAKIR: And for them are whips of iron.
YUSUFALI: Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!"
PICKTHAL: Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning.
SHAKIR: Whenever they will desire to go forth from it, from grief, they shall be turned back into it, and taste the chastisement of burning.
YUSUFALI: Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Allah will cause those who believe and do good works to enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will be allowed armlets of gold, and pearls, and their raiment therein will be silk.
SHAKIR: Surely Allah will make those who believe and do good deeds enter gardens beneath which rivers flow; they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and (with) pearls, and their garments therein shall be of silk.
YUSUFALI: For they have been guided (in this life) to the purest of speeches; they have been guided to the Path of Him Who is Worthy of (all) Praise.
PICKTHAL: They are guided unto gentle speech; they are guided unto the path of the Glorious One.
SHAKIR: And they are guided to goodly words and they are guided into the path of the Praised One.
YUSUFALI: As to those who have rejected (Allah), and would keep back (men) from the Way of Allah, and from the Sacred Mosque, which We have made (open) to (all) men - equal is the dweller there and the visitor from the country - and any whose purpose therein is profanity or wrong-doing - them will We cause to taste of a most Grievous Penalty.
PICKTHAL: Lo! those who disbelieve and bar (men) from the way of Allah and from the Inviolable Place of Worship, which We have appointed for mankind together, the dweller therein and the nomad: whosoever seeketh wrongful partiality therein, him We shall cause to taste a painful doom.
SHAKIR: Surely (as for) those who disbelieve, and hinder (men) from Allah's way and from the Sacred Mosque which We have made equally for all men, (for) the dweller therein and (for) the visitor, and whoever shall incline therein to wrong unjustly, We will make him taste of a painful chastisement.

(it is more again for those who come in way of Islam).
and that they not only will have "disgrace in this life, but on the Day of Judgment He shall make them taste the Penalty of burning (Fire)" (22:9).
This day of judgement can be differnt for differnt people and burning may means heat of womb.

YUSUFALI: And verily the Hour will come: there can be no doubt about it, or about (the fact) that Allah will raise up all who are in the graves.
PICKTHAL: And because the Hour will come, there is no doubt thereof; and because Allah will raise those who are in the graves.
SHAKIR: And because the hour is coming, there is no doubt about it; and because Allah shall raise up those who are in the graves.
YUSUFALI: Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without Knowledge, without Guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment,-
PICKTHAL: And among mankind is he who disputeth concerning Allah without knowledge or guidance or a scripture giving light,
SHAKIR: And among men there is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge and without guidance and without an illuminating book,
YUSUFALI: (Disdainfully) bending his side, in order to lead (men) astray from the Path of Allah: for him there is disgrace in this life, and on the Day of Judgment We shall make him taste the Penalty of burning (Fire).
PICKTHAL: Turning away in pride to beguile (men) from the way of Allah. For him in this world is ignominy, and on the Day of Resurrection We make him taste the doom of burning.
SHAKIR: Turning away haughtily that he may lead (others) astray from the way of Allah; for him is disgrace in this world, and on the day of resurrection We will make him taste the punishment of burning:
YUSUFALI: (It will be said): "This is because of the deeds which thy hands sent forth, for verily Allah is not unjust to His servants.
PICKTHAL: (And unto him it will be said): This is for that which thy two hands have sent before, and because Allah is no oppressor of His slaves.
SHAKIR: This is due to what your two hands have sent before, and because Allah is not in the least unjust to the servants.
YUSUFALI: There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces: they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see!
PICKTHAL: And among mankind is he who worshippeth Allah upon a narrow marge so that if good befalleth him he is content therewith, but if a trial befalleth him, he falleth away utterly. He loseth both the world and the Hereafter. That is the sheer loss.
SHAKIR: And among men is he who serves Allah (standing) on the verge, so that if good befalls him he is satisfied therewith, but if a trial afflict him he turns back headlong; he loses this world as well as the hereafter; that is a manifest loss.
YUSUFALI: They call on such deities, besides Allah, as can neither hurt nor profit them: that is straying far indeed (from the Way)!
PICKTHAL: He calleth, beside Allah, unto that which hurteth him not nor benefiteth him. That is the far error.
SHAKIR: He calls besides Allah upon that which does not harm him and that which does not profit him, that is the great straying.
YUSUFALI: (Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (or help)!
PICKTHAL: He calleth unto him whose harm is nearer than his benefit; verily an evil patron and verily an evil friend!
SHAKIR: He calls upon him whose harm is nearer than his profit; evil certainly is the guardian and evil certainly is the associate.
YUSUFALI: Verily Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens, beneath which rivers flow: for Allah carries out all that He plans.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Allah causeth those who believe and do good works to enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow. Lo! Allah doth what He intendeth.
SHAKIR: Surely Allah will cause those who believe and do good deeds to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, surely Allah does what He pleases.
The Qur'an says that "those who invoke a god other than Allah not only should meet punishment in this world but the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to them, and they will dwell therein in ignominy" (25:68).

Read the whole thing clearly below

YUSUFALI: When it is said to them, "Prostrate to (Allah) Most Gracious!", they say, "And what is (Allah) Most Gracious? Shall we prostrate to that which thou commandest us?" And it increases their flight (from the Truth).
PICKTHAL: And when it is said unto them: Prostrate to the Beneficent! they say: And what is the Beneficent? Are we to prostrate to whatever thou (Muhammad) biddest us? And it increaseth aversion in them.
SHAKIR: And when it is said to them: Prostrate to the Beneficent Allah, they say: And what is the Allah of beneficence? Shall we prostrate to what you bid us? And it adds to their aversion.
YUSUFALI: Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light;
PICKTHAL: Blessed be He Who hath placed in the heaven mansions of the stars, and hath placed therein a great lamp and a moon giving light!
SHAKIR: Blessed is He Who made the constellations in the heavens and made therein a lamp and a shining moon.
YUSUFALI: And it is He Who made the Night and the Day to follow each other: for such as have the will to celebrate His praises or to show their gratitude.
PICKTHAL: And He it is Who hath appointed night and day in succession, for him who desireth to remember, or desireth thankfulness.
SHAKIR: And He it is Who made the night and the day to follow each other for him who desires to be mindful or desires to be thankful.
YUSUFALI: And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";
PICKTHAL: The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish ones address them answer: Peace;
SHAKIR: And the servants of the Beneficent Allah are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace.
YUSUFALI: Those who spend the night in adoration of their Lord prostrate and standing;
PICKTHAL: And who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing,
SHAKIR: And they who pass the night prostrating themselves before their Lord and standing.
YUSUFALI: Those who say, "Our Lord! avert from us the Wrath of Hell, for its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous,-
PICKTHAL: And who say: Our Lord! Avert from us the doom of hell; lo! the doom thereof is anguish;
SHAKIR: And they who say: O our Lord! turn away from us the punishment of hell, surely the punishment thereof is a lasting
YUSUFALI: "Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in";
PICKTHAL: Lo! it is wretched as abode and station;
SHAKIR: Surely it is an evil abode and (evil) place to stay.
YUSUFALI: Those who, when they spend, are not extravagant and not niggardly, but hold a just (balance) between those (extremes);
PICKTHAL: And those who, when they spend, are neither prodigal nor grudging; and there is ever a firm station between the two;
SHAKIR: And they who when they spend, are neither extravagant nor parsimonious, and (keep) between these the just mean.
YUSUFALI: Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.
PICKTHAL: And those who cry not unto any other god along with Allah, nor take the life which Allah hath forbidden save in (course of) justice, nor commit adultery - and whoso doeth this shall pay the penalty;
SHAKIR: And they who do not call upon another god with Allah and do not slay the soul, which Allah has forbidden except in the requirements of justice, and (who) do not commit fornication and he who does this shall find a requital of sin;
YUSUFALI: (But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy,-
PICKTHAL: The doom will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein disdained for ever;
SHAKIR: The punishment shall be doubled to him on the day of resurrection, and he shall abide therein in abasement;
YUSUFALI: Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,
PICKTHAL: Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: Except him who repents and believes and does a good deed; so these are they of whom Allah changes the evil deeds to good ones; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
YUSUFALI: And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah with an (acceptable) conversion;-
PICKTHAL: And whosoever repenteth and doeth good, he verily repenteth toward Allah with true repentance -
SHAKIR: And whoever repents and does good, he surely turns to Allah a (goodly) turning.

For those who "believe not in Allah and His Messenger, He has prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire!" (48:13).
YUSUFALI: Verily those who plight their fealty to thee do no less than plight their fealty to Allah: the Hand of Allah is over their hands: then any one who violates his oath, does so to the harm of his own soul, and any one who fulfils what he has covenanted with Allah,- Allah will soon grant him a great Reward.
PICKTHAL: Lo! those who swear allegiance unto thee (Muhammad), swear allegiance only unto Allah. The Hand of Allah is above their hands. So whosoever breaketh his oath, breaketh it only to his soul's hurt; while whosoever keepeth his covenant with Allah, on him will He bestow immense reward.
SHAKIR: Surely those who swear allegiance to you do but swear allegiance to Allah; the hand of Allah is above their hands. Therefore whoever breaks (his faith), he breaks it only to the injury of his own soul, and whoever fulfills what he has covenanted with Allah, He will grant him a mighty reward.
YUSUFALI: The desert Arabs who lagged behind will say to thee: "We were engaged in (looking after) our flocks and herds, and our families: do thou then ask forgiveness for us." They say with their tongues what is not in their hearts. Say: "Who then has any power at all (to intervene) on your behalf with Allah, if His Will is to give you some loss or to give you some profit? But Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do.
PICKTHAL: Those of the wandering Arabs who were left behind will tell thee: Our possessions and our households occupied us, so ask forgiveness for us! They speak with their tongues that which is not in their hearts. Say: Who can avail you aught against Allah, if He intend you hurt or intend you profit? Nay, but Allah is ever Aware of what ye do.
SHAKIR: Those of the dwellers of the desert who were left behind will say to you: Our property and our families kept us busy, so ask forgiveness for us. They say with their tongues what is not in their hearts. Say: Then who can control anything for you from Allah if He intends to do you harm or if He intends to do you good; nay, Allah is Aware of what you do:
YUSUFALI: "Nay, ye thought that the Messenger and the Believers would never return to their families; this seemed pleasing in your hearts, and ye conceived an evil thought, for ye are a people lost (in wickedness)."
PICKTHAL: Nay, but ye deemed that the messenger and the believers would never return to their own folk, and that was made fairseeming in your hearts, and ye did think an evil thought, and ye were worthless folk.
SHAKIR: Nay! you rather thought that the Messenger and the believers would not return to their families ever, and that was made fairseeming to your hearts and you thought an evil thought and you were a people doomed to perish.
YUSUFALI: And if any believe not in Allah and His Messenger, We have prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire!
PICKTHAL: And so for him who believeth not in Allah and His messenger - Lo! We have prepared a flame for disbelievers.
SHAKIR: And whoever does not believe in Allah and His Messenger, then surely We have prepared burning fire for the unbelievers.
YUSUFALI: To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills: but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: And Allah's is the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He forgiveth whom He will, and punisheth whom He will. And Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: And Allah's is the kingdom. of the heavens and the earth; He forgives whom He pleases and punishes whom He pleases, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
YUSUFALI: Those who lagged behind (will say), when ye (are free to) march and take booty (in war): "Permit us to follow you." They wish to change Allah's decree: Say: "Not thus will ye follow us: Allah has already declared (this) beforehand": then they will say, "But ye are jealous of us." Nay, but little do they understand (such things).
PICKTHAL: Those who were left behind will say, when ye set forth to capture booty: Let us go with you. They fain would change the verdict of Allah. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Ye shall not go with us. Thus hath Allah said beforehand. Then they will say: Ye are envious of us. Nay, but they understand not, save a little.
SHAKIR: Those who are left behind will say when you set forth for the gaining of acquisitions: Allow us (that) we may follow you. They desire to change the world of Allah. Say: By no means shall you follow us; thus did Allah say before. But they will say: Nay! you are jealous of us. Nay! they do not understand but a little.

Read it carefully that one who tries to misguide the belivers is punished by God.Similar things are there for evil doer in Sanatan Dharma scriptures like Indra had curse that whole body will have gentail attached or say Genital of Lord Shiva(not the creator Shiva who made Three demigods) fell dowen or say Chndra got leprosey and to cure it worshipped Lord Shiva at Somnath temple.

In Mahabharata also Bhishma(Via Amba) had a curse,Pandu had a curse for fault he did not do.
Although we are asked to be compassionate amongst each other, we have to be "harsh with unbelievers", our Christian, Jewish and Atheist neighbours and colleagues (48:29).
048.029YUSUFALI: Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.
PICKTHAL: Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves. Thou (O Muhammad) seest them bowing and falling prostrate (in worship), seeking bounty from Allah and (His) acceptance. The mark of them is on their foreheads from the traces of prostration. Such is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in the Gospel - like as sown corn that sendeth forth its shoot and strengtheneth it and riseth firm upon its stalk, delighting the sowers - that He may enrage the disbelievers with (the sight of) them. Allah hath promised, unto such of them as believe and do good works, forgiveness and immense reward.
SHAKIR: Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves; you will see them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking grace from Allah and pleasure; their marks are in their faces because of the effect of prostration; that is their description in the Taurat and their description in the Injeel; like as seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the unbelievers on account of them; Allah has promised those among them who believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.

To those who were practically Bad with young Islam this thing was to happen.

As for him who does not believe in Islam, the Prophet announces with a "stern command": "Seize ye him, and bind ye him, And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire. Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits! This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High. And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent! So no friend hath he here this Day. Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds, Which none do eat but those in sin." (69:30-37)
YUSUFALI: That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an act of yours that ye hide will be hidden.
PICKTHAL: On that day ye will be exposed; not a secret of you will be hidden.
SHAKIR: On that day you shall be exposed to view-- no secret of yours shall remain hidden.
YUSUFALI: Then he that will be given his Record in his right hand will say: "Ah here! Read ye my Record!
PICKTHAL: Then, as for him who is given his record in his right hand, he will say: Take, read my book!
SHAKIR: Then as for him who is given his book in his right hand, he will say: Lo! read my book:
YUSUFALI: "I did really understand that my Account would (One Day) reach me!"
PICKTHAL: Surely I knew that I should have to meet my reckoning.
SHAKIR: Surely I knew that I shall meet my account.
YUSUFALI: And he will be in a life of Bliss,
PICKTHAL: Then he will be in blissful state
SHAKIR: So he shall be in a life of pleasure,
YUSUFALI: In a Garden on high,
PICKTHAL: In a high garden
SHAKIR: In a lofty garden,
YUSUFALI: The Fruits whereof (will hang in bunches) low and near.
PICKTHAL: Whereof the clusters are in easy reach.
SHAKIR: The fruits of which are near at hand:
YUSUFALI: "Eat ye and drink ye, with full satisfaction; because of the (good) that ye sent before you, in the days that are gone!"
PICKTHAL: (And it will be said unto those therein): Eat and drink at ease for that which ye sent on before you in past days.
SHAKIR: Eat and drink pleasantly for what you did beforehand in the days gone by.
YUSUFALI: And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my Record had not been given to me!
PICKTHAL: But as for him who is given his record in his left hand, he will say: Oh, would that I had not been given my book
SHAKIR: And as for him who is given his book in his left hand he shall say: O would that my book had never been given me:
YUSUFALI: "And that I had never realised how my account (stood)!
PICKTHAL: And knew not what my reckoning!
SHAKIR: And I had not known what my account was:
YUSUFALI: "Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!
PICKTHAL: Oh, would that it had been death!
SHAKIR: O would that it had made an end (of me):
YUSUFALI: "Of no profit to me has been my wealth!
PICKTHAL: My wealth hath not availed me,
SHAKIR: My wealth has availed me nothing:
YUSUFALI: "My power has perished from me!"...
PICKTHAL: My power hath gone from me.
SHAKIR: My authority is gone away from me.
YUSUFALI: (The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him,
PICKTHAL: (It will be said): Take him and fetter him
SHAKIR: Lay hold on him, then put a chain on him,
YUSUFALI: "And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.
PICKTHAL: And then expose him to hell-fire
SHAKIR: Then cast him into the burning fire,
YUSUFALI: "Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!
PICKTHAL: And then insert him in a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits.
SHAKIR: Then thrust him into a chain the length of which is seventy cubits.
YUSUFALI: "This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High.
PICKTHAL: Lo! He used not to believe in Allah the Tremendous,
SHAKIR: Surely he did not believe in Allah, the Great,
YUSUFALI: "And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!
PICKTHAL: And urged not on the feeding of the wretched.
SHAKIR: Nor did he urge the feeding of the poor.
YUSUFALI: "So no friend hath he here this Day.
PICKTHAL: Therefor hath he no lover here this day,
SHAKIR: Therefore he has not here today a true friend,
YUSUFALI: "Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds,
PICKTHAL: Nor any food save filth
SHAKIR: Nor any food except refuse,
YUSUFALI: "Which none do eat but those in sin."
PICKTHAL: Which none but sinners eat.
SHAKIR: Which none but the wrongdoers eat.
YUSUFALI: So I do call to witness what ye see,
PICKTHAL: But nay! I swear by all that ye see
SHAKIR: But nay! I swear by that which you see,
YUSUFALI: And what ye see not,
PICKTHAL: And all that ye see not
SHAKIR: And that which you do not see.
YUSUFALI: That this is verily the word of an honoured messenger;
PICKTHAL: That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger.
SHAKIR: Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored Messenger,
YUSUFALI: It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye believe!
PICKTHAL: It is not poet's speech - little is it that ye believe!
SHAKIR: And it is not the word of a poet; little is it that you believe;

This again is symbolic for the those who try to misguide the faithfull will be punished and this may mean pain in thier heart due to lack of faith.

and see the example of Phroah and thahood etc in the preceeding vereses.

YUSUFALI: The Thamud and the 'Ad People (branded) as false the Stunning Calamity!
PICKTHAL: (The tribes of) Thamud and A'ad disbelieved in the judgment to come.
SHAKIR: Samood and Ad called the striking calamity a lie.

YUSUFALI: And Pharaoh, and those before him, and the Cities Overthrown, committed habitual Sin.
PICKTHAL: And Pharaoh and those before him, and the communities that were destroyed, brought error,
SHAKIR: And Firon and those before him and the overthrown cities continuously committed sins.

The Qur'an prohibits a Muslim from befriending a non-believer even if that non-believer is the father or the brother of that Muslim (9:23), (3:28).

YUSUFALI: Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
PICKTHAL: Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.
SHAKIR: Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
YUSUFALI: Say: "Whether ye hide what is in your hearts or reveal it, Allah knows it all: He knows what is in the heavens, and what is on earth. And Allah has power over all things.
PICKTHAL: Say, (O Muhammad): Whether ye hide that which is in your breasts or reveal it, Allah knoweth it. He knoweth that which is in the heavens and that which is in the earth, and Allah is Able to do all things.
SHAKIR: Say: Whether you hide what is in your hearts or manifest it, Allah knows it, and He knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth, and Allah has power over all things.

to make a well nit community make a fellow Brother for help and friendship and do not give pressure on non Muslim in taking help but rather help that.
YUSUFALI: They will dwell therein for ever. Verily in Allah's presence is a reward, the greatest (of all).
PICKTHAL: There they will abide for ever. Lo! with Allah there is immense reward.
SHAKIR: Abiding therein for ever; surely Allah has a Mighty reward with Him.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above Faith: if any of you do so, they do wrong.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not take your fathers and your brothers for guardians if they love unbelief more than belief; and whoever of you takes them for a guardian, these it is that are the unjust.
YUSUFALI: Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that ye have gained; the commerce in which ye fear a decline: or the dwellings in which ye delight - are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause;- then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious.
PICKTHAL: Say: If your fathers, and your sons, and your brethren, and your wives, and your tribe, and the wealth ye have acquired, and merchandise for which ye fear that there will no sale, and dwellings ye desire are dearer to you than Allah and His messenger and striving in His way: then wait till Allah bringeth His command to pass. Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
SHAKIR: Say: If your fathers and your sons and your brethren and your mates and your kinsfolk and property which you have acquired, and the slackness of trade which you fear and dwellings which you like, are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger and striving in His way, then wait till Allah brings about His command: and Allah does not guide the transgressing people.

Here to family to be kept by Muslims as it is thier and no need to have any sort of leaning on the shoudler of non Muslims.This shows thier being high in self respect that they do not discomfert others.

Our holy book asks us to be disobedient towards the disbelievers and their governments and strive against the unbelievers with great endeavour" (25:52)

Those who opposeed Muslim then.

YUSUFALI: Had it been Our Will, We could have sent a warner to every centre of population.
PICKTHAL: If We willed, We could raise up a warner in every village.
SHAKIR: And if We had pleased We would certainly have raised a warner in every town.
YUSUFALI: Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qur'an).
PICKTHAL: So obey not the disbelievers, but strive against them herewith with a great endeavour.
SHAKIR: So do not follow the unbelievers, and strive against them a mighty striving with it.
YUSUFALI: It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed.
PICKTHAL: And He it is Who hath given independence to the two seas (though they meet); one palatable, sweet, and the other saltish, bitter; and hath set a bar and a forbidding ban between them.
SHAKIR: And He it is Who has made two seas to flow freely, the one sweet that subdues thirst by its sweetness, and the other salt that burns by its saltness; and between the two He has made a barrier and inviolable obstruction.

(more to then Pagans who were misguidance with hoaxes).

and be stern with them because they belong to Hell (66:9).
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance: In the hope that your Lord will remove from you your ills and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow,- the Day that Allah will not permit to be humiliated the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their Light will run forward before them and by their right hands, while they say, "Our Lord! Perfect our Light for us, and grant us Forgiveness: for Thou hast power over all things."
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Turn unto Allah in sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your evil deeds and bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, on the day when Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their light will run before them and on their right hands; they will say: Our Lord! Perfect our light for us, and forgive us! Lo! Thou art Able to do all things.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! turn to Allah a sincere turning; maybe your Lord will remove from you your evil and cause you to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, on the day on which Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him; their light shall run on before them and on their right hands; they shall say: Our Lord! make perfect for us our light, and grant us protection, surely Thou hast power over all things.
YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Strive hard against the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed).
PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end.
SHAKIR: O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be hard against them; and their abode is hell; and evil is the resort.
YUSUFALI: Allah sets forth, for an example to the Unbelievers, the wife of Noah and the wife of Lut: they were (respectively) under two of our righteous servants, but they were false to their (husbands), and they profited nothing before Allah on their account, but were told: "Enter ye the Fire along with (others) that enter!"
PICKTHAL: Allah citeth an example for those who disbelieve: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot, who were under two of Our righteous slaves yet betrayed them so that they (the husbands) availed them naught against Allah and it was said (unto them): Enter the Fire along with those who enter.
SHAKIR: Allah sets forth an example to those who disbelieve the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut: they were both under two of Our righteous servants, but they acted treacherously towards them so they availed them naught against Allah, and it was said: Enter both the fire with those who enter

The holy Prophet prescribes fighting for us and tells us that "it is good for us even if we dislike it" (2:216).

to defend from aggressor by all means.

YUSUFALI: They ask thee what they should spend (In charity). Say: Whatever ye spend that is good, is for parents and kindred and orphans and those in want and for wayfarers. And whatever ye do that is good, -Allah knoweth it well.
PICKTHAL: They ask thee, (O Muhammad), what they shall spend. Say: that which ye spend for good (must go) to parents and near kindred and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good ye do, lo! Allah is Aware of it.
SHAKIR: They ask you as to what they should spend. Say: Whatever wealth you spend, it is for the parents and the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, and whatever good you do, Allah surely knows it.
YUSUFALI: Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.
PICKTHAL: Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.
SHAKIR: Fighting is enjoined on you, and it is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.
YUSUFALI: They ask thee concerning fighting in the Prohibited Month. Say: "Fighting therein is a grave (offence); but graver is it in the sight of Allah to prevent access to the path of Allah, to deny Him, to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque, and drive out its members." Tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith if they can. And if any of you Turn back from their faith and die in unbelief, their works will bear no fruit in this life and in the Hereafter; they will be companions of the Fire and will abide therein.
PICKTHAL: They question thee (O Muhammad) with regard to warfare in the sacred month. Say: Warfare therein is a great (transgression), but to turn (men) from the way of Allah, and to disbelieve in Him and in the Inviolable Place of Worship, and to expel His people thence, is a greater with Allah; for persecution is worse than killing. And they will not cease from fighting against you till they have made you renegades from your religion, if they can. And whoso becometh a renegade and dieth in his disbelief: such are they whose works have fallen both in the world and the Hereafter. Such are rightful owners of the Fire: they will abide therein.
SHAKIR: They ask you concerning the sacred month about fighting in it. Say: Fighting in it is a grave matter, and hindering (men) from Allah's way and denying Him, and (hindering men from) the Sacred Mosque and turning its people out of it, are still graver with Allah, and persecution is graver than slaughter; and they will not cease fighting with you until they turn you back from your religion, if they can; and whoever of you turns back from his religion, then he dies while an unbeliever-- these it is whose works shall go for nothing in this world and the hereafter, and they are the inmates of the fire; therein they shall abide.
YUSUFALI: Those who believed and those who suffered exile and fought (and strove and struggled) in the path of Allah,- they have the hope of the Mercy of Allah: And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: Lo! those who believe, and those who emigrate (to escape the persecution) and strive in the way of Allah, these have hope of Allah's mercy. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: Surely those who believed and those who fled (their home) and strove hard in the way of Allah these hope for the mercy of Allah and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

See the term exile which means what happened as Hizrat.
Then he advises us to "strike off the heads of the disbelievers"; and after making a "wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives" (47:4).
YUSUFALI: Those who reject Allah and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah,- their deeds will Allah render astray (from their mark).
PICKTHAL: Those who disbelieve and turn (men) from the way of Allah, He rendereth their actions vain.
SHAKIR: (As for) those who disbelieve and turn away from Allah's way, He shall render their works ineffective.
YUSUFALI: But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.
PICKTHAL: And those who believe and do good works and believe in that which is revealed unto Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He riddeth them of their ill-deeds and improveth their state.
SHAKIR: And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.
YUSUFALI: This because those who reject Allah follow vanities, while those who believe follow the Truth from their Lord: Thus does Allah set forth for men their lessons by similitudes.
PICKTHAL: That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood and because those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus Allah coineth their similitudes for mankind.
SHAKIR: That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, and have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.
YUSUFALI: Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.
PICKTHAL: Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.
SHAKIR: So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and (as for) those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.
YUSUFALI: Soon will He guide them and improve their condition,
PICKTHAL: He will guide them and improve their state,
SHAKIR: He will guide them and improve their condition.

See again rembere that for Faith Lord Krishna told Arjuna also to fight the oppresor and Bhagwat Gita was writtan for that only.Some things were temprary like body of Arjuna or Lord Krishan but Truth has to be eternal.

Our God has promised to "instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers" and has ordered us to "smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them" (8:12).

YUSUFALI: They ask thee concerning (things taken as) spoils of war. Say: "(such) spoils are at the disposal of Allah and the Messenger: So fear Allah, and keep straight the relations between yourselves: Obey Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe."
PICKTHAL: They ask thee (O Muhammad) of the spoils of war. Say: The spoils of war belong to Allah and the messenger, so keep your duty to Allah, and adjust the matter of your difference, and obey Allah and His messenger, if ye are (true) believers.
SHAKIR: They ask you about the windfalls. Say: The windfalls are for Allah and the Messenger. So be careful of (your duty to) Allah and set aright matters of your difference, and obey Allah and His Messenger if you are believers.
YUSUFALI: For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehe{censored}d, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord;
PICKTHAL: They only are the (true) believers whose hearts feel fear when Allah is mentioned, and when His revelations are recited unto them they increase their faith, and who trust in their Lord;
SHAKIR: Those only are believers whose hearts become full of fear when Allah is mentioned, and when His communications are recited to them they increase them in faith, and in their Lord do they trust.
YUSUFALI: Who establish regular prayers and spend (freely) out of the gifts We have given them for sustenance:
PICKTHAL: Who establish worship and spend of that We have bestowed on them.
SHAKIR: Those who keep up prayer and spend (benevolently) out of what We have given them.
YUSUFALI: Such in truth are the believers: they have grades of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness, and generous sustenance:
PICKTHAL: Those are they who are in truth believers. For them are grades (of honour) with their Lord, and pardon, and a bountiful provision.
SHAKIR: These are the believers in truth; they shall have from their Lord exalted grades and forgiveness and an honorable sustenance.
YUSUFALI: Just as thy Lord ordered thee out of thy house in truth, even though a party among the Believers disliked it,
PICKTHAL: Even as thy Lord caused thee (Muhammad) to go forth from thy home with the Truth, and lo! a party of the believers were averse (to it).
SHAKIR: Even as your Lord caused you to go forth from your house with the truth, though a party of the believers were surely averse;
YUSUFALI: Disputing with thee concerning the truth after it was made manifest, as if they were being driven to death and they (actually) saw it.
PICKTHAL: Disputing with thee of the Truth after it had been made manifest, as if they were being driven to death visible.
SHAKIR: They disputed with you about the truth after it had become clear, (and they went forth) as if they were being driven to death while they saw (it).
YUSUFALI: Behold! Allah promised you one of the two (enemy) parties, that it should be yours: Ye wished that the one unarmed should be yours, but Allah willed to justify the Truth according to His words and to cut off the roots of the Unbelievers;-
PICKTHAL: And when Allah promised you one of the two bands (of the enemy) that it should be yours, and ye longed that other than the armed one might be yours. And Allah willed that He should cause the Truth to triumph by His words, and cut the root of the disbelievers;
SHAKIR: And when Allah promised you one of the two parties that it shall be yours and you loved that the one not armed should he yours and Allah desired to manifest the truth of what was true by His words and to cut off the root of the unbelievers.
YUSUFALI: That He might justify Truth and prove Falsehood false, distasteful though it be to those in guilt.
PICKTHAL: That He might cause the Truth to triumph and bring vanity to naught, however much the guilty might oppose;
SHAKIR: That He may manifest the truth of what was true and show the falsehood of what was false, though the guilty disliked.
YUSUFALI: Remember ye implored the assistance of your Lord, and He answered you: "I will assist you with a thousand of the angels, ranks on ranks."
PICKTHAL: When ye sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying): I will help you with a thousand of the angels, rank on rank.
SHAKIR: When you sought aid from your Lord, so He answered you: I will assist you with a thousand of the angels following one another.
YUSUFALI: Allah made it but a message of hope, and an assurance to your hearts: (in any case) there is no help except from Allah: and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Allah appointed it only as good tidings, and that your hearts thereby might be at rest. Victory cometh only by the help of Allah. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: And Allah only gave it as a good news and that your hearts might be at ease thereby; and victory is only from Allah; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.
YUSUFALI: Remember He covered you with a sort of drowsiness, to give you calm as from Himself, and he caused rain to descend on you from heaven, to clean you therewith, to remove from you the stain of Satan, to strengthen your hearts, and to plant your feet firmly therewith.
PICKTHAL: When He made the slumber fall upon you as a reassurance from him and sent down water from the sky upon you, that thereby He might purify you, and remove from you the fear of Satan, and make strong your hearts and firm (your) feet thereby.
SHAKIR: When He caused calm to fall on you as a security from Him and sent down upon you water from the cloud that He might thereby purify you, and take away from you the uncleanness of the Shaitan, and that He might fortify your hearts and steady (your) footsteps thereby.
YUSUFALI: Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
PICKTHAL: When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger.
SHAKIR: When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.
YUSUFALI: This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger: If any contend against Allah and His Messenger, Allah is strict in punishment.
PICKTHAL: That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment.
SHAKIR: This is because they acted adversely to Allah and His Messenger; and whoever acts adversely to Allah and His Messenger-- then surely Allah is severe in requiting (evil).
YUSUFALI: Thus (will it be said): "Taste ye then of the (punishment): for those who resist Allah, is the penalty of the Fire."
PICKTHAL: That (is the award), so taste it, and (know) that for disbelievers is the torment of the Fire.
SHAKIR: This-- taste it, and (know) that for the unbelievers is the chastisement of fire.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! when ye meet the Unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! when you meet those who disbelieve marching for war, then turn not your backs to them.
YUSUFALI: If any do turn his back to them on such a day - unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own)- he draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and his abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed)!
PICKTHAL: Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless manoeuvring for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end.
SHAKIR: And whoever shall turn his back to them on that day-- unless he turn aside for the sake of fighting or withdraws to a company-- then he, indeed, becomes deserving of Allah's wrath, and his abode is hell; and an evil destination shall it be.
YUSUFALI: It is not ye who slew them; it was Allah: when thou threwest (a handful of dust), it was not thy act, but Allah's: in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself: for Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).
PICKTHAL: Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.
SHAKIR: So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
YUSUFALI: That, and also because Allah is He Who makes feeble the plans and stratagem of the Unbelievers.
PICKTHAL: That (is the case); and (know) that Allah (it is) Who maketh weak the plan of disbelievers.
SHAKIR: This, and that Allah is the weakener of the struggle of the unbelievers.
YUSUFALI: (O Unbelievers!) if ye prayed for victory and judgment, now hath the judgment come to you: if ye desist (from wrong), it will be best for you: if ye return (to the attack), so shall We. Not the least good will your forces be to you even if they were multiplied: for verily Allah is with those who believe!
PICKTHAL: (O Qureysh!) If ye sought a judgment, now hath the judgment come unto you. And if ye cease (from persecuting the believers) it will be better for you, but if ye return (to the attack) We also shall return. And your host will avail you naught, however numerous it be, and (know) that Allah is with the believers (in His Guidance).
SHAKIR: If you demanded a judgment, the judgment has then indeed come to you; and if you desist, it will be better for you; and if you turn back (to fight), We (too) shall turn back, and your forces shall avail you nothing, though they may be many, and (know) that Allah is with the believers.

this may ,mean that dibeliver has weak heart due tolack of faith.In fact mnay vedantic did loose battle with Invading Muslims in India as they had kn owldege but Lack faith.

In Sikhs also we have many such people and will be defeated due this weakness.
He also assures us that when we kill in his name "it is not us who slay them but Allah, in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself" (8:17).
That is idology of Krishnarpanmastu or deeds are by God and we are the witness only doing it(at the lower level of holy Gita and higher lelve ends the ego all togather.)

YUSUFALI: It is not ye who slew them; it was Allah: when thou threwest (a handful of dust), it was not thy act, but Allah's: in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself: for Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).
PICKTHAL: Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.
SHAKIR: So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
YUSUFALI: That, and also because Allah is He Who makes feeble the plans and stratagem of the Unbelievers.
PICKTHAL: That (is the case); and (know) that Allah (it is) Who maketh weak the plan of disbelievers.
SHAKIR: This, and that Allah is the weakener of the struggle of the unbelievers.
YUSUFALI: (O Unbelievers!) if ye prayed for victory and judgment, now hath the judgment come to you: if ye desist (from wrong), it will be best for you: if ye return (to the attack), so shall We. Not the least good will your forces be to you even if they were multiplied: for verily Allah is with those who believe!
PICKTHAL: (O Qureysh!) If ye sought a judgment, now hath the judgment come unto you. And if ye cease (from persecuting the believers) it will be better for you, but if ye return (to the attack) We also shall return. And your host will avail you naught, however numerous it be, and (know) that Allah is with the believers (in His Guidance).
SHAKIR: If you demanded a judgment, the judgment has then indeed come to you; and if you desist, it will be better for you; and if you turn back (to fight), We (too) shall turn back, and your forces shall avail you nothing, though they may be many, and (know) that Allah is with the believers.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak).
SHAKIR: O you who believe! obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn back from Him while you hear.

This means that when pagans were ended by natural way also behold it by act of Allah.
He orders us "to strike terror into the hearts of the enemies" (8:60).

YUSUFALI: Let not the unbelievers think that they can get the better (of the godly): they will never frustrate (them).
PICKTHAL: And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape.
SHAKIR: And let not those who disbelieve think that they shall come in first; surely they will not escape.
YUSUFALI: Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.
PICKTHAL: Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them. Whatsoever ye spend in the way of Allah it will be repaid to you in full, and ye will not be wronged.
SHAKIR: And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to frighten thereby the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them, whom you do not know (but) Allah knows them; and whatever thing you will spend in Allah's way, it will be paid back to you fully and you shall not be dealt with unjustly.
YUSUFALI: But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things).
PICKTHAL: And if they incline to peace, incline thou also to it, and trust in Allah. Lo! He, even He, is the Hearer, the Knower.
SHAKIR: And if they incline to peace, then incline to it and trust in Allah; surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
YUSUFALI: Should they intend to deceive thee,- verily Allah sufficeth thee: He it is That hath strengthened thee with His aid and with (the company of) the Believers;
PICKTHAL: And if they would deceive thee, then lo! Allah is Sufficient for thee. He it is Who supporteth thee with His help and with the believers,
SHAKIR: And if they intend to deceive you-- then surely Allah is sufficient for you; He it is Who strengthened you with His help and with the believers

to be done at the war time but peace to be givne preferance.

He has made the Jihad mandatory and warns us that "Unless we go forth, (for Jihad) He will punish us with a grievous penalty, and put others in our place" (9:39).

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! What aileth you that when it is said unto you: Go forth in the way of Allah, ye are bowed down to the ground with heaviness. Take ye pleasure in the life of the world rather than in the Hereafter? The comfort of the life of the world is but little in the Hereafter.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! What (excuse) have you that when it is said to you: Go forth in Allah's way, you should incline heavily to earth; are you contented with this world's life instead of the hereafter? But the provision of this world's life compared with the hereafter is but little.
YUSUFALI: Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things.
PICKTHAL: If ye go not forth He will afflict you with a painful doom, and will choose instead of you a folk other than you. Ye cannot harm Him at all. Allah is Able to do all things.
SHAKIR: If you do not go forth, He will chastise you with a painful chastisement and bring in your place a people other than you, and you will do Him no harm; and Allah has power over all things.
YUSUFALI: If ye help not (your leader), (it is no matter): for Allah did indeed help him, when the Unbelievers drove him out: he had no more than one companion; they two were in the cave, and he said to his companion, "Have no fear, for Allah is with us": then Allah sent down His peace upon him, and strengthened him with forces which ye saw not, and humbled to the depths the word of the Unbelievers. But the word of Allah is exalted to the heights: for Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.
PICKTHAL: If ye help him not, still Allah helped him when those who disbelieve drove him forth, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said unto his comrade: Grieve not. Lo! Allah is with us. Then Allah caused His peace of reassurance to descend upon him and supported him with hosts ye cannot see, and made the word of those who disbelieved the nethermost, while Allah's Word it was that became the uppermost. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: If you will not aid him, Allah certainly aided him when those who disbelieved expelled him, he being the second of the two, when they were both in the cave, when he said to his companion: Grieve not, surely Allah is with us. So Allah sent down His tranquillity upon him and strengthened him with hosts which you did not see, and made lowest the word of those who disbelieved; and the word of Allah, that is the highest; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
YUSUFALI: Go ye forth, (whether equipped) lightly or heavily, and strive and struggle, with your goods and your persons, in the cause of Allah. That is best for you, if ye (but) knew.
PICKTHAL: Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew.
SHAKIR: Go forth light and heavy, and strive hard in Allah's way with your property and your persons; this is better for you, if you know.

Strugle for good deeds which are way of Allah.

Allah speaks to our Holy Prophet and says "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern against them. Their abode is Hell - an evil refuge indeed" (9:73).

YUSUFALI: Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah: that is the supreme felicity.
PICKTHAL: Allah promiseth to the believers, men and women, Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide - blessed dwellings in Gardens of Eden. And - greater (far)! - acceptance from Allah. That is the supreme triumph.
SHAKIR: Allah has promised to the believing men and the believing women gardens, beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual abode; and best of all is Allah's goodly pleasure; that is the grand achievement.
YUSUFALI: O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge indeed.
PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end.
SHAKIR: O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.
YUSUFALI: They swear by Allah that they said nothing (evil), but indeed they uttered blasphemy, and they did it after accepting Islam; and they meditated a plot which they were unable to carry out: this revenge of theirs was (their) only return for the bounty with which Allah and His Messenger had enriched them! If they repent, it will be best for them; but if they turn back (to their evil ways), Allah will punish them with a grievous penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: They shall have none on earth to protect or help them.
PICKTHAL: They swear by Allah that they said nothing (wrong), yet they did say the word of disbelief, and did disbelieve after their Surrender (to Allah). And they purposed that which they could not attain, and they sought revenge only that Allah by His messenger should enrich them of His bounty. If they repent it will be better for them; and if they turn away, Allah will afflict them with a painful doom in the world and the Hereafter, and they have no protecting friend nor helper in the earth.
SHAKIR: They swear by Allah that they did not speak, and certainly they did speak, the word of unbelief, and disbelieved after their Islam, and they had determined upon what they have not been able to effect, and they did not find fault except because Allah and His Messenger enriched them out of His grace; therefore if they repent, it will be good for them; and if they turn back, Allah will chastise them with a painful chastisement in this world and the hereafter, and they shall not have in the land any guardian or a helper.

hevan is relaisiing one in universe ie rivers ,gardens etc. and hell is that agonoy in living the life of duality as claiming to be Muslim but in heart something else lives.

So far transaltion from Muslims are given and not the misinterpetaions but as in Arebic we have 80 meaning to single word so there is great scope of misinterpetaions.

as you study Vedanta also which say all remaining 5 philosophis of vedas are wrong so in 6 Darshans based upon holy vedas we may find differances and that due to various interpetation of holy Vedas.

Within Vedanta also there could differance of opinions.Say Vashist Adwait. Or say ramanuja Charyas thing.das only follows Adi Shankaras saying.

In past due to simlarirty of it with Islam our former president KR Naryana wrongly said that Vedanta of Shankara had Islamic influnce but truth was that President did not know that Vedanta could be older then holy Kuran and Holy Kuran might have been revealed by same who made Vedanta but at differnt time and differant place.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Shahryar said:
Perhaps you can interpret the following ayats as well!

Excerpt from http://tinyurl.com/j3bf4

I have already said people should read the Qur'an - so they can disabuse themselves of spirituality of this word of God!

Das will try to remove your doubt by mercy of Allah.

But das doubts that you are actualy shaharyar.

anyway if you are tell das what does it means ?

Is it in arebic or in Farsi?Das knows its meaning in Farsi.

As for women the book of Allah says that they are inferior to men and their husbands have the right to scourge them if they are found disobedient (4:34).

YUSUFALI: And in no wise covet those things in which Allah Hath bestowed His gifts More freely on some of you than on others: To men is allotted what they earn, and to women what they earn: But ask Allah of His bounty. For Allah hath full knowledge of all things.
PICKTHAL: And covet not the thing in which Allah hath made some of you excel others. Unto men a fortune from that which they have earned, and unto women a fortune from that which they have earned. (Envy not one another) but ask Allah of His bounty. Lo! Allah is ever Knower of all things.
SHAKIR: And do not covet that by which Allah has made some of you excel others; men shall have the benefit of what they earn and women shall have the benefit of what they earn; and ask Allah of His grace; surely Allah knows all things.
YUSUFALI: To (benefit) every one, We have appointed shares and heirs to property left by parents and relatives. To those, also, to whom your right hand was pledged, give their due portion. For truly Allah is witness to all things.
PICKTHAL: And unto each We have appointed heirs of that which parents and near kindred leave; and as for those with whom your right hands have made a covenant, give them their due. Lo! Allah is ever Witness over all things.
SHAKIR: And to every one We have appointed heirs of what parents and near relatives leave; and as to those with whom your rights hands have ratified agreements, give them their portion; surely Allah is a witness over all things.
YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
PICKTHAL: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
SHAKIR: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.
YUSUFALI: If ye fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family, and the other from hers; if they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation: For Allah hath full knowledge, and is acquainted with all things.
PICKTHAL: And if ye fear a breach between them twain (the man and wife), appoint an arbiter from his folk and an arbiter from her folk. If they desire amendment Allah will make them of one mind. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Aware.
SHAKIR: And if you fear a breach between the two, then appoint judge from his people and a judge from her people; if they both desire agreement, Allah will effect harmony between them, surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.
YUSUFALI: Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious;-
PICKTHAL: And serve Allah. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him. (Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and unto the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbour who is not of kin, and the fellow-traveller and the wayfarer and (the slaves) whom your right hands possess. Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud and boastful,
SHAKIR: And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbor of (your) kin and the alien neighbor, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess; surely Allah does not love him who is proud, boastful

In some aspects Man are better then feamel while in mnay other Aspects feamel are better then Male and due to this differance does they are two differnt gender.

Read the whole thing carefully and man is told to do something to protect family.And if he is told to manitain wedlock.Thing to rember here is that sajme can be applied to male vice vice female.

Ie what is told to man can be told to women to do with men.As listner was man so it come to him like that but if follower is women then she should understand herself as reciver and understand the deeper meaning that she should behold herself as listener and man be replced in message as women as vice veras.

It advises to "take a green branch and beat your wife", because a green branch is more flexible and hurts more. (38:44).
YUSUFALI: Commemorate Our Servant Job. Behold he cried to his Lord: "The Evil One has afflicted me with distress and suffering!"
PICKTHAL: And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Job, when he cried unto his Lord (saying): Lo! the devil doth afflict me with distress and torment.
SHAKIR: And remember Our servant Ayyub, when he called upon his Lord: The Shaitan has afflicted me with toil and torment.
YUSUFALI: (The command was given:) "Strike with thy foot: here is (water) wherein to wash, cool and refreshing, and (water) to drink."
PICKTHAL: (And it was said unto him): Strike the ground with thy foot. This (spring) is a cool bath and a refreshing drink.
SHAKIR: Urge with your foot; here is a cool washing-place and a drink.
YUSUFALI: And We gave him (back) his people, and doubled their number,- as a Grace from Ourselves, and a thing for commemoration, for all who have Understanding.
PICKTHAL: And We bestowed on him (again) his household and therewith the like thereof, a mercy from Us, and a memorial for men of understanding.
SHAKIR: And We gave him his family and the like of them with them, as a mercy from Us, and as a reminder to those possessed of understanding.
YUSUFALI: "And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)." Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! ever did he turn (to Us)!
PICKTHAL: And (it was said unto him): Take in thine hand a branch and smite therewith, and break not thine oath. Lo! We found him steadfast, how excellent a slave! Lo! he was ever turning in repentance (to his Lord).
SHAKIR: And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).
YUSUFALI: And commemorate Our Servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, possessors of Power and Vision.
PICKTHAL: And make mention of Our bondmen, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, men of parts and vision.
SHAKIR: And remember Our servants Ibrahim and Ishaq and Yaqoub, men of power and insight.
YUSUFALI: Verily We did choose them for a special (purpose)- proclaiming the Message of the Hereafter.
PICKTHAL: Lo! We purified them with a pure thought, remembrance of the Home (of the Hereafter).
SHAKIR: Surely We purified them by a pure quality, the keeping m mind of the (final) abode.

Read the whole verse clarly and understand but read holy Bible first to understand Holy Kuran and then read Gurbani to interpret them.

It teaches that women will go to hell if they are disobedient to their husbands (66:10).

have the whole sura and you will find that refreance from bible are givne and appliacable to them only.

AT-TAHRIM (BANNING, PROHIBITION)

Total Verses: 12
Revealed At: MADINA
Maududi's introduction

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee? Thou seekest to please thy consorts. But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Why bannest thou that which Allah hath made lawful for thee, seeking to please thy wives? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SHAKIR: O Prophet! why do you forbid (yourself) that which Allah has made lawful for you; you seek to please your wives; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
YUSUFALI: Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.
PICKTHAL: Allah hath made lawful for you (Muslims) absolution from your oaths (of such a kind), and Allah is your Protector. He is the Knower, the Wise.
SHAKIR: Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise.
YUSUFALI: When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his consorts, and she then divulged it (to another), and Allah made it known to him, he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said, "Who told thee this? "He said, "He told me Who knows and is well-acquainted (with all things)."
PICKTHAL: When the Prophet confided a fact unto one of his wives and when she afterward divulged it and Allah apprised him thereof, he made known (to her) part thereof and passed over part. And when he told it her she said: Who hath told thee? He said: The Knower, the Aware hath told me.
SHAKIR: And when the prophet secretly communicated a piece of information to one of his wives-- but when she informed (others) of it, and Allah made him to know it, he made known part of it and avoided part; so when he informed her of it, she said: Who informed you of this? He said: The Knowing, the one Aware, informed me.
YUSUFALI: If ye two turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if ye back up each other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among those who believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.
PICKTHAL: If ye twain turn unto Allah repentant, (ye have cause to do so) for your hearts desired (the ban); and if ye aid one another against him (Muhammad) then lo! Allah, even He, is his Protecting Friend, and Gabriel and the righteous among the believers; and furthermore the angels are his helpers.
SHAKIR: If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah it is Who is his Guardian, and Jibreel and -the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the aiders.
YUSUFALI: It may be, if he divorced you (all), that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you,- who submit (their wills), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast,- previously married or virgins.
PICKTHAL: It may happen that his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your stead wives better than you, submissive (to Allah), believing, pious, penitent, devout, inclined to fasting, widows and maids.
SHAKIR: Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire whereof the fuel is men and stones, over which are set angels strong, severe, who resist not Allah in that which He commandeth them, but do that which they are commanded.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! save yourselves and your families from a fire whose fuel is men and stones; over it are angels stern and strong, they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them, and do as they are commanded.
YUSUFALI: (They will say), "O ye Unbelievers! Make no excuses this Day! Ye are being but requited for all that ye did!"
PICKTHAL: (Then it will be said): O ye who disbelieve! Make no excuses for yourselves this day. Ye are only being paid for what ye used to do.
SHAKIR: O you who disbelieve! do not urge excuses today; you shall be rewarded only according to what you did.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance: In the hope that your Lord will remove from you your ills and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow,- the Day that Allah will not permit to be humiliated the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their Light will run forward before them and by their right hands, while they say, "Our Lord! Perfect our Light for us, and grant us Forgiveness: for Thou hast power over all things."
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Turn unto Allah in sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your evil deeds and bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, on the day when Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their light will run before them and on their right hands; they will say: Our Lord! Perfect our light for us, and forgive us! Lo! Thou art Able to do all things.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! turn to Allah a sincere turning; maybe your Lord will remove from you your evil and cause you to enter gardens beneath which rivers flow, on the day on which Allah will not abase the Prophet and those who believe with him; their light shall run on before them and on their right hands; they shall say: Our Lord! make perfect for us our light, and grant us protection, surely Thou hast power over all things.
YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Strive hard against the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed).
PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end.
SHAKIR: O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be hard against them; and their abode is hell; and evil is the resort.
YUSUFALI: Allah sets forth, for an example to the Unbelievers, the wife of Noah and the wife of Lut: they were (respectively) under two of our righteous servants, but they were false to their (husbands), and they profited nothing before Allah on their account, but were told: "Enter ye the Fire along with (others) that enter!"
PICKTHAL: Allah citeth an example for those who disbelieve: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot, who were under two of Our righteous slaves yet betrayed them so that they (the husbands) availed them naught against Allah and it was said (unto them): Enter the Fire along with those who enter.
SHAKIR: Allah sets forth an example to those who disbelieve the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut: they were both under two of Our righteous servants, but they acted treacherously towards them so they availed them naught against Allah, and it was said: Enter both the fire with those who enter.
YUSUFALI: And Allah sets forth, as an example to those who believe the wife of Pharaoh: Behold she said: "O my Lord! Build for me, in nearness to Thee, a mansion in the Garden, and save me from Pharaoh and his doings, and save me from those that do wrong";
PICKTHAL: And Allah citeth an example for those who believe: the wife of Pharaoh when she said: My Lord! Build for me a home with thee in the Garden, and deliver me from Pharaoh and his work, and deliver me from evil-doing folk;
SHAKIR: And Allah sets forth an example to those who believe the wife of Firon when she said: My Lord! build for me a house with Thee in the garden and deliver me from Firon and his doing, and deliver me from the unjust people:
YUSUFALI: And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).
PICKTHAL: And Mary, daughter of 'Imran, whose body was chaste, therefor We breathed therein something of Our Spirit. And she put faith in the words of her Lord and His scriptures, and was of the obedient.
SHAKIR: And Marium, the daughter of Imran, who guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our inspiration and she accepted the truth of the words of her Lord and His books, and she was of, the obedient ones.
Sponsored by the MSA.

It maintains that men have an advantage over the women (2:228).

Lord Krishna proved it and helped Women often from the clutches of demon and was hero.

002.228YUSUFALI: Divorced women shall wait concerning themselves for three monthly periods. Nor is it lawful for them to hide what Allah Hath created in their wombs, if they have faith in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have the better right to take them back in that period, if they wish for reconciliation. And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: And the divorced women should keep themselves in waiting for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they should conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the last day; and their husbands have a better right to take them back in the meanwhile if they wish for reconciliation; and they have rights similar to those against them in a just manner, and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise

It is that if female does Divorce (Khullah)herself then she may have to return the mehar(mony) which husband gives her as securty during marriage as a safegurd if he divouirces.Read the whole Sura compltely.

YUSUFALI: A divorce is only permissible twice: after that, the parties should either hold Together on equitable terms, or separate with kindness. It is not lawful for you, (Men), to take back any of your gifts (from your wives), except when both parties fear that they would be unable to keep the limits ordained by Allah. If ye (judges) do indeed fear that they would be unable to keep the limits ordained by Allah, there is no blame on either of them if she give something for her freedom. These are the limits ordained by Allah; so do not transgress them if any do transgress the limits ordained by Allah, such persons wrong (Themselves as well as others).
PICKTHAL: Divorce must be pronounced twice and then (a woman) must be retained in honour or released in kindness. And it is not lawful for you that ye take from women aught of that which ye have given them; except (in the case) when both fear that they may not be able to keep within the limits (imposed by) Allah. And if ye fear that they may not be able to keep the limits of Allah, in that case it is no sin for either of them if the woman ransom herself. These are the limits (imposed by) Allah. Transgress them not. For whoso transgresseth Allah's limits: such are wrong-doers.
SHAKIR: Divorce may be (pronounced) twice, then keep (them) in good fellowship or let (them) go with kindness; and it is not lawful for you to take any part of what you have given them, unless both fear that they cannot keep within the limits of Allah; then if you fear that they cannot keep within the limits of Allah, there is no blame on them for what she gives up to become free thereby. These are the limits of Allah, so do not exceed them and whoever exceeds the limits of Allah these it is that are the unjust.
YUSUFALI: So if a husband divorces his wife (irrevocably), He cannot, after that, re-marry her until after she has married another husband and He has divorced her. In that case there is no blame on either of them if they re-unite, provided they feel that they can keep the limits ordained by Allah. Such are the limits ordained by Allah, which He makes plain to those who understand.
PICKTHAL: And if he hath divorced her (the third time), then she is not lawful unto him thereafter until she hath wedded another husband. Then if he (the other husband) divorce her it is no sin for both of them that they come together again if they consider that they are able to observe the limits of Allah. These are the limits of Allah. He manifesteth them for people who have knowledge.
SHAKIR: So if he divorces her she shall not be lawful to him afterwards until she marries another husband; then if he divorces her there is no blame on them both if they return to each other (by marriage), if they think that they can keep within the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah which He makes clear for a people who know.
YUSUFALI: When ye divorce women, and they fulfil the term of their ('Iddat), either take them back on equitable terms or set them free on equitable terms; but do not take them back to injure them, (or) to take undue advantage; if any one does that; He wrongs his own soul. Do not treat Allah's Signs as a jest, but solemnly rehe{censored} Allah's favours on you, and the fact that He sent down to you the Book and Wisdom, for your instruction. And fear Allah, and know that Allah is well acquainted with all things.
PICKTHAL: When ye have divorced women, and they have reached their term, then retain them in kindness or release them in kindness. Retain them not to their hurt so that ye transgress (the limits). He who doeth that hath wronged his soul. Make not the revelations of Allah a laughing-stock (by your behaviour), but remember Allah's grace upon you and that which He hath revealed unto you of the Scripture and of wisdom, whereby He doth exhort you. Observe your duty to Allah and know that Allah is Aware of all things.
SHAKIR: And when you divorce women and they reach their prescribed time, then either retain them in good fellowship or set them free with liberality, and do not retain them for injury, so that you exceed the limits, and whoever does this, he indeed is unjust to his own soul; and do not take Allah's communications for a mockery, and remember the favor of Allah upon you, and that which He has revealed to you of the Book and the Wisdom, admonishing you thereby; and be careful (of your duty to) Allah, and know that Allah is the Knower of all things.
YUSUFALI: When ye divorce women, and they fulfil the term of their ('Iddat), do not prevent them from marrying their (former) husbands, if they mutually agree on equitable terms. This instruction is for all amongst you, who believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is (the course Making for) most virtue and purity amongst you and Allah knows, and ye know not.
PICKTHAL: And when ye have divorced women and they reach their term, place not difficulties in the way of their marrying their husbands if it is agreed between them in kindness. This is an admonition for him among you who believeth in Allah and the Last Day. That is more virtuous for you, and cleaner. Allah knoweth; ye know not.
SHAKIR: And when you have divorced women and they have ended-- their term (of waiting), then do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree among themselves in a lawful manner; with this is admonished he among you who believes in Allah and the last day, this is more profitable and purer for you; and Allah knows while you do not know.
YUSUFALI: The mothers shall give such to their offspring for two whole years, if the father desires to complete the term. But he shall bear the cost of their food and clothing on equitable terms. No soul shall have a burden laid on it greater than it can bear. No mother shall be Treated unfairly on account of her child. Nor father on account of his child, an heir shall be chargeable in the same way. If they both decide on weaning, by mutual consent, and after due consultation, there is no blame on them. If ye decide on a foster-mother for your offspring, there is no blame on you, provided ye pay (the mother) what ye offered, on equitable terms. But fear Allah and know that Allah sees well what ye do.
PICKTHAL: Mothers shall suckle their children for two whole years; (that is) for those who wish to complete the suckling. The duty of feeding and clothing nursing mothers in a seemly manner is upon the father of the child. No-one should be charged beyond his capacity. A mother should not be made to suffer because of her child, nor should he to whom the child is born (be made to suffer) because of his child. And on the (father's) heir is incumbent the like of that (which was incumbent on the father). If they desire to wean the child by mutual consent and (after) consultation, it is no sin for them; and if ye wish to give your children out to nurse, it is no sin for you, provide that ye pay what is due from you in kindness. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is Seer of what ye do.
SHAKIR: And the mothers should suckle their children for two whole years for him who desires to make complete the time of suckling; and their maintenance and their clothing must be-- borne by the father according to usage; no soul shall have imposed upon it a duty but to the extent of its capacity; neither shall a mother be made to suffer harm on account of her child, nor a father on account of his child, and a similar duty (devolves) on the (father's) heir, but if both desire weaning by mutual consent and counsel, there is no blame on them, and if you wish to engage a wet-nurse for your children, there is no blame on you so long as you pay what you promised for according to usage; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah and know that Allah sees

Advantage here is to do with the fact that Man will be givne more chance to savcrifise has he lives a hear life but Women are protected and not say told to be burnt with thier husband as wife of Pandu and Mother of Nakul and Sehdev(Mata Madri) did by sati
It not only denies the women's equal right to their inheritance (4:11-12),

YUSUFALI: Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a Fire into their own bodies: They will soon be enduring a Blazing Fire!
PICKTHAL: Lo! Those who devour the wealth of orphans wrongfully, they do but swallow fire into their bellies, and they will be exposed to burning flame.
SHAKIR: (As for) those who swallow the property of the orphans unjustly, surely they only swallow fire into their bellies and they shall enter burning fire.
YUSUFALI: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.
PICKTHAL: Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half. And to each of his parents a sixth of the inheritance, if he have a son; and if he have no son and his parents are his heirs, then to his mother appertaineth the third; and if he have brethren, then to his mother appertaineth the sixth, after any legacy he may have bequeathed, or debt (hath been paid). Your parents and your children: Ye know not which of them is nearer unto you in usefulness. It is an injunction from Allah. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.
SHAKIR: Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half; and as for his parents, each of them shall have the sixth of what he has left if he has a child, but if he has no child and (only) his two parents inherit him, then his mother shall have the third; but if he has brothers, then his mother shall have the sixth after (the payment of) a bequest he may have bequeathed or a debt; your parents and your children, you know not which of them is the nearer to you in usefulness; this is an ordinance from Allah: Surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.
YUSUFALI: In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth; after payment of legacies and debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question, has left neither ascendants nor descendants, but has left a brother or a sister, each one of the two gets a sixth; but if more than two, they share in a third; after payment of legacies and debts; so that no loss is caused (to any one). Thus is it ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Most Forbearing.
PICKTHAL: And unto you belongeth a half of that which your wives leave, if they have no child; but if they have a child then unto you the fourth of that which they leave, after any legacy they may have bequeathed, or debt (they may have contracted, hath been paid). And unto them belongeth the fourth of that which ye leave if ye have no child, but if ye have a child then the eighth of that which ye leave, after any legacy ye may have bequeathed, or debt (ye may have contracted, hath been paid). And if a man or a woman have a distant heir (having left neither parent nor child), and he (or she) have a brother or a sister (only on the mother's side) then to each of them twain (the brother and the sister) the sixth, and if they be more than two, then they shall be sharers in the third, after any legacy that may have been bequeathed or debt (contracted) not injuring (the heirs by willing away more than a third of the heritage) hath been paid. A commandment from Allah. Allah is Knower, Indulgent.
SHAKIR: And you shall have half of what your wives leave if they have no child, but if they have a child, then you shall have a fourth of what they leave after (payment of) any bequest they may have bequeathed or a debt; and they shall have the fourth of what you leave if you have no child, but if you have a child then they shall have the eighth of what you leave after (payment of) a bequest you may have bequeathed or a debt; and if a man or a woman leaves property to be inherited by neither parents nor offspring, and he (or she) has a brother or a sister, then each of them two shall have the sixth, but if they are more than that, they shall be sharers in the third after (payment of) any bequest that may have been bequeathed or a debt that does not harm (others); this is an ordinance from Allah: and Allah is Knowing, Forbearing.

more to do with specaila case of orphans.

But even then Girls get share from husband side also.In hindus dowery is the part of father side givne to Girls husband side and not girl herself.

here girls gets the due.Say one boy and Two girls and left fund as four hunder.

boy 200 and each girl 100 and she will also get mony from Husband side.

If she is unmarrided then she needs to marry and exception case occur.

and that was again directed to Arabs who had cattle folk and did know that female should not be sent alone to graze the cattle in far away places where pagans can kidnap her.
less cattle and less botheration same true in farming.
it also regards them as imbeciles and decrees that their witness is not admissible in the courts of law (2:282). This means that a woman who is raped cannot accuse her rapist unless she can produce a male witness.
YUSUFALI: If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.
PICKTHAL: And if the debtor is in straitened circumstances, then (let there be) postponement to (the time of) ease; and that ye remit the debt as almsgiving would be better for you if ye did but know.
SHAKIR: And if (the debtor) is in straitness, then let there be postponement until (he is in) ease; and that you remit (it) as alms is better for you, if you knew.
YUSUFALI: And fear the Day when ye shall be brought back to Allah. Then shall every soul be paid what it earned, and none shall be dealt with unjustly.
PICKTHAL: And guard yourselves against a day in which ye will be brought back to Allah. Then every soul will be paid in full that which it hath earned, and they will not be wronged.
SHAKIR: And guard yourselves against a day in which you shall be returned to Allah; then every soul shall be paid back in full what it has earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing Let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as Allah Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord Allah, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her. The witnesses should not refuse when they are called on (For evidence). Disdain not to reduce to writing (your contract) for a future period, whether it be small or big: it is juster in the sight of Allah, More suitable as evidence, and more convenient to prevent doubts among yourselves but if it be a transaction which ye carry out on the spot among yourselves, there is no blame on you if ye reduce it not to writing. But take witness whenever ye make a commercial contract; and let neither scribe nor witness suffer harm. If ye do (such harm), it would be wickedness in you. So fear Allah; For it is Good that teaches you. And Allah is well acquainted with all things. If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, let the trustee (faithfully) discharge his trust, and let him Fear his Lord conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it, - his heart is tainted with sin. And Allah knoweth all that ye do.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you in (terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand) then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember. And the witnesses must not refuse when they are summoned. Be not averse to writing down (the contract) whether it be small or great, with (record of) the term thereof. That is more equitable in the sight of Allah and more sure for testimony, and the best way of avoiding doubt between you; save only in the case when it is actual merchandise which ye transfer among yourselves from hand to hand. In that case it is no sin for you if ye write it not. And have witnesses when ye sell one to another, and let no harm be done to scribe or witness. If ye do (harm to them) lo! it is a sin in you. Observe your duty to Allah. Allah is teaching you. And Allah is knower of all things.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! when you deal with each other in contracting a debt for a fixed time, then write it down; and let a scribe write it down between you with fairness; and the scribe should not refuse to write as Allah has taught him, so he should write; and let him who owes the debt dictate, and he should be careful of (his duty to) Allah, his Lord, and not diminish anything from it; but if he who owes the debt is unsound in understanding, or weak, or (if) he is not able to dictate himself, let his guardian dictate with fairness; and call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other; and the witnesses should not refuse when they are summoned; and be not averse to writing it (whether it is) small or large, with the time of its falling due; this is more equitable in the sight of Allah and assures greater accuracy in testimony, and the nearest (way) that you may not entertain doubts (afterwards), except when it is ready merchandise which you give and take among yourselves from hand to hand, then there is no blame on you in not writing it down; and have witnesses when you barter with one another, and let no harm be done to the scribe or to the witness; and if you do (it) then surely it will be a transgression in you, and be careful of (your duty) to Allah, Allah teaches you, and Allah knows all things.
YUSUFALI: If ye are on a journey, and cannot find a scribe, a pledge with possession (may serve the purpose). And if one of you deposits a thing on trust with another, Let the trustee (Faithfully) discharge His trust, and let him fear his Lord. Conceal not evidence; for whoever conceals it,- His heart is tainted with sin. And Allah Knoweth all that ye do.
PICKTHAL: If ye be on a journey and cannot find a scribe, then a pledge in hand (shall suffice). And if one of you entrusteth to another let him who is trusted deliver up that which is entrusted to him (according to the pact between them) and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord. Hide not testimony. He who hideth it, verily his heart is sinful. Allah is Aware of what ye do.
SHAKIR: And if you are upon a journey and you do not find a scribe, then (there may be) a security taken into possession; but if one of you trusts another, then he who is trusted should deliver his trust, and let him be careful (of his duty to) Allah, his Lord; and do not conceal testimony, and whoever conceals it, his heart is surely sinful; and Allah knows what you do.
YUSUFALI: To Allah belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth. Whether ye show what is in your minds or conceal it, Allah Calleth you to account for it. He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and punisheth whom He pleaseth, for Allah hath power over all things.
PICKTHAL: Unto Allah (belongeth) whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth; and whether ye make known what is in your minds or hide it, Allah will bring you to account for it. He will forgive whom He will and He will punish whom He will. Allah is Able to do all things.
SHAKIR: Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is Allah's; and whether you manifest what is in your minds or hide it, Allah will call you to account according to it; then He will forgive whom He pleases and chastise whom He pleases, and Allah has power over all things.

why did you brought rape matter in the matter of say debts or accords.

anyway this is specific to accord with illitrate people.

anyway reason to bring more men preferabley over women is due to the fact that at time female,were kept away from such affairs like mony matters especialy if pagans were dealing as they use to kidnap Muslim females,so they were kept protected.

Our Holy Prophet allows us to marry up to four wives and he licensed us to sleep with our slave maids and as many 'captive' women as we may have (4:3)

YUSUFALI: O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.
PICKTHAL: O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you.
SHAKIR: O people! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord, Who created you from a single being and created its mate of the same (kind) and spread from these two, many men and women; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, by Whom you demand one of another (your rights), and (to) the ties of relationship; surely Allah ever watches over you.
YUSUFALI: To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.
PICKTHAL: Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin.
SHAKIR: And give to the orphans their property, and do not substitute worthless (things) for (their) good (ones), and do not devour their property (as an addition) to your own property; this is surely a great crime.
YUSUFALI: If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.
PICKTHAL: And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.
SHAKIR: And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course.
YUSUFALI: And give the women (on marriage) their dower as a free gift; but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, Take it and enjoy it with right good cheer.
PICKTHAL: And give unto the women (whom ye marry) free gift of their marriage portions; but if they of their own accord remit unto you a part thereof, then ye are welcome to absorb it (in your wealth).
SHAKIR: And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with wholesome result

Here read the verse carefully.

Muslim can marry captive Women if he wants but can not rape.And Islamic marriage is with due concent of both the parties ie wife also.

no force could be proved.

and such acts are done to proect the orphans say son of dead enemies to be reared and used as own sons.As they did in Mewat(south east Hariyana ,India). and Rajputs became meos

even if those women are already married. He himself did just that. This is why anytime a Muslim army subdues another nation, they call them {censored} and allow themselves to rape their women. Pakistani soldiers allegedly raped up to 250,000 Bengali women in 1971 after they massacred 3,000,000 unarmed civilians when their religious leader decreed that Bangladeshis are un-Islamic. This is why the prison guards in Islamic regime of Iran rape the women that in their opinion are apostates prior to killing them, as they believe a virgin will not go to Hell

such things could be done by non Muslims also.Say 1984 or Gujrat riots mnay so called Veda followers did not obey and das can say that in mob violance by wrong people faith gets back seat.

In fact in Mahabharata Bhishma did kidnap a girl(amba0 forcefully.

Lord Krishna ,Bheema or Arjuna often used force to get the better half and in this way got thier concent to marry.

Das anyway can help Shahryar Bhai if he wants to come to Vedanta Darshan and can be getting Dikhsha by some of our Acharyas/Pandits.

but to learn more and to bring more Muslims to the way of Vedanta better is to learn Holy Kuran in objective and spritual way and then tell present day Muslims that to follow Islam correctly there could be a better way with correct and humae interpetations.

Holy Kuran has mnay relative verses which were used in that time to let people understand the thing then.

Relative things are temporary and are false but ttemporary there to explain the absloute Truth.

read the online version

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

and das gave things from here while there could 72 versions of and interpetations of holy Kuran.

73rd one is in Sikh Panth and some Muslims say that this 73rd version only will survive the time.Rest will perish due to misuse of Islam.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
kds1980 said:
shias these days are no seculer.iran is also one of the fanatic country.ayatullah khummaini was responsible for deaths of thousands of people.sufi islam is non existent these days.the only way to defeat fanatic islam is that muslims should
convert to other religions.

Our could be best for them as we still do n ot hate Holy Kuran and be have faith in Allah and consider Prophet as sent by God(in Dasham Granth and Guru Granth Sahib Ji also to some extent vide verse of St Kabeer Ji).

but while we preach them as start just by condeming them then ,we must be start to fight them first then to preavch them.Slander was used by Araya Samaj and Protestants as a mean of preaching and some Sikhs till this day also carry that.Such thing will take us away from Gog ourselve leave aside bringin others to our faith.

Forgive das for mistake.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
sikhism and islam have nothing common.we don't beleive mohammed as prophet
the concept of islam is that mohammed was last prophet and everybody should embrace islam every muslim have to live under shariat laws which is considered as the law of god.islam does not beleive in reincarnation.on the other hand sikhism does not beleive in prophet theory.anybody can reach god through meditation
we beleive in reincarnation.islam also beleive in pilgrimages while we don't.accepting mohammed as prophet means embracing islam

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
I don’t know which religion is truth in the sense that all of us understand truth.

However if there is an almighty God and he is father to all mankind then by the process of elimination we can discard all religions that engender in their followers the mindset of those belief’s that view their fellow humans in the way Islam views them.

No matter how Muslims try to sugar coat Islam as a religion of peace and goodness one only has to look at the fruits that the tree of Islam bears.

QED

Shahryar

SPNer
Dec 21, 2004
vijaydeep Singh said:
So is true with present day Sufis and Shias and prosecution goes on.Instead of blaming all Islam wrong we can make these Sufis or Shias strong to defeat fundamnetalism.

Perhaps you are not aware of the demographics of Muslim populations:

90% Sunni - remainder Shia, etc.

Shahryar

SPNer
Dec 21, 2004
vijaydeep Singh said:
Our could be best for them as we still do n ot hate Holy Kuran and be have faith in Allah and consider Prophet as sent by God(in Dasham Granth and Guru Granth Sahib Ji also to some extent vide verse of St Kabeer Ji).

I suggest you read
The earliest biography of Muhammad, Sirat Rasoul Allah by ibn Ishaq

available online at http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sira/index.htm

That will help clear some of your deluded mind.

Shahryar

SPNer
Dec 21, 2004
vijaydeep Singh said:
Holy Kuran has mnay relative verses which were used in that time to let people understand the thing then.

Relative things are temporary and are false but ttemporary there to explain the absloute Truth.

Thank you for coming to the crux of the matter.

Muslims claim that their Qur'an is a copy of a version kept in heaven and it is the final word of God.

But you, having a better understanding than the average ignorant and illiterate muslim, are perfectly aware that much of the content is irrelevant to our times. And same applies to Sharia laws based on them.

Plus the Islamic doctrine of abrogating verses preaching tolerance, as revealed in Makkah, for verses preaching intolerance revealed in Yathrib (aka Madina an-Nabi) does cast a doubt on the perfection of the Qur'an!

I have read a retelling of the Mahabharata by William Buck so have some familiarity with the characters therein. But I think your referring to them here is totally specious!

I hope those who read this thread have been enlightened as to why they need to study the Qur'an.

My best wishes to you - Farewell!

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

As knows that Gurmat goes by majortiy and as most of the Sangat here does not likes the views of das and present day Islam so das bows to them.

Yet whenever inocent Muslims will be attakced by non Muslims Das will defend them ont e cost of his life.

At least das would try to let them have chance to have embrace some other faith before they are burnt alive.

Das just wanted to say that there are some contradictions within Old Tesment and New Testment,Then Holy Kuran and Holy Bible(Say matter of Prophet Ishaq(PBUH) and Prophet(Ismail)).

This only proves tha God is beyind any testment or law or promis made to men.Rather God is Kings of King and keps on changing the laws.

Even After Sikhism has come Das neutraly can say that God cane bring more laws unto us by its manifestations.

Das was defending Holy Kuran only by this princepal of Vedanta and Gurmat that all things appranrntly Bad or Good are in fact act of Akal as Akal is in all.Gurmat terms all acts of Akal as good.

Say Ravan did not come Rama would not have been there,So Ravan happened for Good and so is case with Lord Krishna and Kansa.

And Panth Khalsa and bigot so called Muslims have sim ilar realtions.But Panth Khalsa is equaly not comferatble to biogot Sikhs also or other persons as well.

Das just wanted to be moderate and side for Muslims as so far there was no muslim over here to defend Islam.Das did do this for Hindus also some time before when some Arya Samaji Grandfather gave links to make liwed comments of Hindu's demigods.

Regarding Prophet.If God says that this one is last at one point.We can not bound God that God will not resend another one later.If God wants God can send again.

As per Shia people ,they have ideolgy that Holy Kuran at present is only 1/3 of the actual one and they do rely to that part from revealtions.Likewise Sufis even behold Ihlam of voice of Akal to holy men Muslims or non Muslims till this day ,while Wahibs say that other then Rasol Akaram Sallal Lahe Salle Wa Wassalam no one could have Ihlam.

so as far as Shias are concerned as per then when Imam Mehdi will decend from Hevan,five Blue Clad,Turbanned people will follow him to restore sprituality.They will be Called Khalasis or librators.That could be a pointer for us as per Sanatan Sikhs.

DS777

SPNer
Apr 7, 2006
Texas
If you want to gain wisdom from an Abrahamic faith, I would suggest picking up a copy of the Pentateuch (Old Testament) and browsing through some of the beautiful proverbs and psalms. From an Islamic perspective, the Qur'an does not offer up any divine wisdom or profound insight into life. All the Qur'an does is half-heartedly rehash popular Biblical stories, says the Torah and Gospel have been corrupted, Jesus is not God, and tells you how to distribute money after your death, among other more frivelous items. The only wisdom I have ever found in Islam is from a handful of hadiths, however, you have to look hard for it even there. I am relatively new to Sikhism, but I view it to be a purer monotheism than Islam. Let me recount a story that I read recently, please correct me if I am mistaken as to the details:

Guru Nanak was in Mecca spreading his message and decided to take a nap. One of the religious authorities came up to him and chastised him for sleeping with his feet in the direction of the Kaba'a. Guru Nanak replied, "I am sorry dear sir, I am too tired to move my legs, please, can you move them to where God is not?"

Muslim's pride themselves on the concepts of Al-Tawhid, or the absolute oneness of God, and view themselves as practicing pure "Abrahamic" monotheism. However, I can unequivocally say after studying Sikhism for just a few days, that the Sikhs have a richer, more fulfilling, and spiritually rewarding monotheism than the fear-mongering monotheistic concept of the Islamic religion.

Dec 8, 2005
Dear brother
SSAKAL

I agree that one thing which impressess most about Islam is there castless structure.
We Sikhs claim it only in words but not in action .That is one thing one can still reinforce from Islam.
The other thing I like is that they allow 4 wives . This alows fitter genes to replicate.

Having said this I cannot accept philosophy which leads to

1) Shia vs sunni conflicts
2) Destruction of diffeent faith men in India for eg the Kashmiri hindu , Sindhi hindu , Afghanistani Buddhist , Bakuchistan hindus are all extinct. How can we cruel to a fellow human being just because he worships a varied manifestation of god.

In the final count they will have to remedy and seek forgiveness for these sins against fellow human beings.

If they continue on this path of hatred they may be taken out of out of homo sapiens race and may be labelled as Homo Sapiens hatridicus ??

There is still time for them to learn from there past mistakes

This is just a free thought only

Sarvat Ka bhalla

hps62

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
It is wrong to think that Muslims have a casteless society. There are endless divisions among muslims.
No society in this world can have a totally uniform society.
Humans get divided and segregated into various groups because of the way they think eat and behave.

Now, to think of Muslims learning from their past mistakes !! Its JUST NOT POSSIBLE. The way Muslims behave with other human beings is because of the basic tenets that form important part of Quran. Because Quran cannot be changed Muslim thought process cannot be changed.
You cannot Reform Islam. Its not possible. They live in their own Shell which is made by muslim mythology out of quran and other muslim books.
Muslims find justifications for all their acts (which are not considered civilized by modern society) from the life of prophet Mohaamad. They have enough stories concerning the life of Mohammad which makes them live a life full of hatred for other human being. You just cannot reform Islam. It could not be reformed by so many Muslim saints in the last thousand of years.
The problem with religions of this world is that we base our life more on the STORIES of the time of our prophets. STORIES are NEVER TRUE.
History is always far from TRUTH. "Its just collection of FACTS people DECIDE to be true."

If Muslims forget all the stories attached to their faith and in relation to Mohammad the'll start living a more peacefull life with their fellow human beings. Their past makes their present violent. Their mind is so much full of poison its become impossible for them to find the same light of Allah kindling in other human beings.

Apr 2, 2006
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa
Waheguruji Ki Fateh

Someone on this post said the we Sikhs as disciples of GOD should aproach all the other spiritual scriptures or anything that has a relation to GOD consciousness.
That is fina knowledge is also fine, but please remember and dont make the mistake, Sri Guru Grant Sahibji is not a simple book is not something you just read, its our True Guru we are refering to, and it should be given the most highest respect and reverence.

I know most cant read Gurmuki and that is fine, Guruji is not only realised through reading its pages, Guruji is so alive and so aware and it all depends on the faith love and respect we aproach it with.

We are not blessed because we dont believe.

If you see it as a book it will be a book to you, if you do believe it is your True Guru get ready to be recieve the highest blessings from Waheguru.
Guruji can and will take you further than your simple minds can imagine.

One last thing please watch out for offences when it comes to Sri Guruji, the ofence dont go to Guruji, it goes right back to you.

Peace and love

yours

Talwaar Singh

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
therebirthofkhalsa said:
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa
Waheguruji Ki Fateh

Someone on this post said the we Sikhs as disciples of GOD should aproach all the other spiritual scriptures or anything that has a relation to GOD consciousness.
That is fina knowledge is also fine, but please remember and dont make the mistake, Sri Guru Grant Sahibji is not a simple book is not something you just read, its our True Guru we are refering to, and it should be given the most highest respect and reverence.

I know most cant read Gurmuki and that is fine, Guruji is not only realised through reading its pages, Guruji is so alive and so aware and it all depends on the faith love and respect we aproach it with.

We are not blessed because we dont believe.

If you see it as a book it will be a book to you, if you do believe it is your True Guru get ready to be recieve the highest blessings from Waheguru.
Guruji can and will take you further than your simple minds can imagine.

One last thing please watch out for offences when it comes to Sri Guruji, the ofence dont go to Guruji, it goes right back to you.

Peace and love

yours

Talwaar Singh

I don’t know much but what I know is I believe a product of logical life experience.
Since the dawn of civilization mankind has struggled with the question of God and the eternal, great minds and the worlds leading thinkers have come up with a plethora of answers. Religions have come and gone ideas once believed to be sacrosanct have been debunked, but still the debating and arguing over which religion is true divides mankind.

Religion divides the family of man, so it was in the beginning so it is now, and so it will be for all time.

This pointless and futile comparing of organised massed religion is divisive. Only what you personally and privately believe along with the your treatment of your fellow human being counts.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
Religion is a product of Mind and so is God. We say 'God Created Man'. But the fact is the other way round. Its 'Man who Created God'. The God of Man is in reality different from the real 'Almighty'. We created God so as to fight among ourselves. Since ages we have been fighting among ourselves with - My God and your God, My God is better than your God .......
In fact we gave NAMEs to that most powerful being of this Universe that is omnipotent and forms part of every single entity of this universe. This is Guru Nanak's God. Guru Nanak's God is the same God that created everything in this Universe. He is incomprehensable. You cannot define HIM. Your vocabulary cannot define HIM. Guru Nanak says not to waste time in analysing HIS wastness, just try to realize HIS wastness. Not to analyse HIS greatness, just feel HIS greatness.
All your stories and mythologies are useless, just figment of immagination.

Apr 2, 2006
I don’t know much but what I know is I believe a product of logical life experience.
Since the dawn of civilization mankind has struggled with the question of God and the eternal, great minds and the worlds leading thinkers have come up with a plethora of answers. Religions have come and gone ideas once believed to be sacrosanct have been debunked, but still the debating and arguing over which religion is true divides mankind.

Religion divides the family of man, so it was in the beginning so it is now, and so it be for all time.

This pointless and futile comparing of organised massed religion is divisive. Only what you personally and privately believe along with the your treatment of your fellow human being counts.

Hi,

Its not about which religion is the right one, cause yes all religions are establish by man, and GOD Himself created and gave man the inspiration for it.

The things all religions can agree is tht GOD is Truth and GOD is light, what creates divisions and confusion and separates us is man who forgot that GOD is number 1, and they try in all their dirty ways to divide and conquer, just as we seen in history.

As I said in all places and groups there are true worshipers and the lying hiprocrites, there is the diference, and the time is coming when we shall really see who is who and there true intentions.

We all want to believe and desire to believe, some of us are a litte more weaker than others and some of us gets influenced easy, but then again its all the matter of how we aproac each other and our true intencions, religions are not bad when we preach and live in the truth.

And the is what My True Guru teaches, to live a truthfull life and to love and have compasion to all of His Creation.

So you can believe what you want but let others believe what they want.

In the end we shall all get what we really deserve.

Its all about truth, so what we most really ask, are we for real, are we living in truth, are we sicerely loving and worshiping, do we believe in ourselfs, do we believe in GOD, are we aware that GOD is all that trully matters.

I all know that if we all were living in true, there will be no divisions and no confusion. Its the lies, the lies, the lies and the lack of love, the selfishness, the envy that creates divisions.

Some said that on the most we are dealing with the stupid selfish desitions that our so called leaders make, so dont blame it on GOD or religion, ask yourself what you are doing to make the difference to make things better, for you and others.

Peace and love

Talwaar Singh

Apr 14, 2006
Dear Friends,

I have read the Quran in English translation by a British Muslim.

To all those interested in the subject, I would recommend the following book, which is best read before starting on Quran.

"WHY I AM NOT A MUSLIM".
By
IBN WARRAQ.

(ISBN 0-87975-984-4)​

The writer is a Saudi Muslim, who now lives and teaches in Ohio. The book was published by Prometheus Books in 1995.

Happy reading,

Manmohan.

-------------------------------------
S|kH said:
I reccommend the Quran to all Sikh students.

Before you assume that I have converted faiths or have a hidden agenda to destroy sikhi, I would just like to explain my side.

I have no need to convert, as I am not the firmest believer in organized religion, hence why I am a Sikh. There is no "conversion ritual" to enter the faith and the community of its followers.

I treat "holy" books as intelligence, not divine order or necessarily divine truth. That's why I can read the Bible and Koran and just intake the amount of intelligence they hold without becoming a follower of the actual religion. I can read the SGGS and contemplate it rather than just assume its truth.

Even though I am not Khalsa yet, I will only become and be part of the Khalsa Panth.

So, here me out and why I put this strong reccomendation to all Sikh students. And by students, I do not mean Sikh Youth, I mean people who have practiced/read/and actively follow the Sikh religion and Sikh politics.

Islam is the active submission to God. It's a psychological cleansing to eradicate your mind and submit your dues to God.

There is wisdom in those books but it is useless to most. The word of God is useless to one that can only read it and not live it. Islam to me is a powerful religion that is based on a mental strength and submission to God. In that submission it clears the psychological path to the other side of your self. For if there is a hope in you, the dream to do good, to succeed and to prosper, and then it is only logical to assume there is another side. If life struggles to prolong itself and to maintain its existence, then something within you must work towards self annihilation. For all the good in you there must be a part of you that lives in the complacency of failure and works toward negativity. Islam addresses that struggle, it gives people inner strength that have nothing. Being one with God makes those parts of you clearer to see.

As a Sikh growing up, when you see history/Gurus/1984 you are filled with the need to make a change, to progress, and to do good for all. You see the Guru's lifestyle and you want to accomplish what they did, you want to lead, you want tos ucceed and prosper, and help out every human whose suffereing. Then, you face current society, you face your own community whose become so corrupted. This is exactly what I mean by the wars of the mind. One side seeks good, while the other starts to seek self-annlihation. Me, and many sikhs that I've spoken to, have at times become so fed up and sad with the state of the Sikhs, or the future of the Sikhs that they feel they should jus give up. Everyone sees the Sikh identity going away, even as uncles begin to tell you that you dont need kesh anymore, and you see your children may give it away too. So what's the point, if eventually someone will cut it. This is what I mean by self-annlihation. I do not mean suicide, but eradicating your own self, your own culture, and "giving in".

I've only read and understood part of the Quran, but even the little I have, it does help, and I recommend it to all children of the same league as me.

At times, I feel as reading the SGGS it does not factor in the struggle of the mind that I face at times, hence where the Quran can come in as a factor.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
I would like my Muslim friend who is advocating Quran to Sikhs, what does he have to say about this in Quran !!!

"Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them"
"If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant" -- Offering peace in Islam means surrendering. All 67 out of 68 wars of Muhammad were offensive. They are called qazwah (raid, ambush, sudden attack). That is how Muhammad waged his wars. He raided, massacred and looted civilians -- Isn't this correct ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: