Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Question??

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by truthseeker, Apr 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. truthseeker

truthseeker
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

I was wondering who put the amrit kirtan together, like decided what shabad would go on what page and which shabds would be included inthe amrit kirtan??

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Question About GGS Questions and Answers Aug 28, 2016
    Marriage And Discrimination Related Questions Blogs Mar 21, 2016
    Sikhi Questioning Faith Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Mar 3, 2016
    Entering into Sikhism: Questions on Reht Maryada. Blogs Oct 22, 2015
    A question about kes/hair? Blogs Oct 21, 2015

3. UnstoppableSingh

UnstoppableSingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I think this is the first time i've ever thought about that....... I have no idea. Nor have i ever looked into.

Well one more question added to the list.

4. Sher Singh

Sher Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Its all the doing of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. As Gurbani states:
    Page 628, Line 2 -- Guru Arjan Dev
    Dur kI bwxI AweI ]
    The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord.
    Dhur kee banee aa-ee.

Page 304, Line 16 -- Guru Ram Das
    siqgur kI bwxI siq srUpu hY gurbwxI bxIAY ]
    The Word of the True Guru`s Bani is the embodiment of Truth; through Gurbani, one becomes perfect.
    satgur kee banee sat saroop hai gurbaanee banee-ai.

and as we have seen, Gurbani came from God, and so with the Hlpe of the Lord Guru Ji knew exactly where to put Gurbani, in what order, etc. Also, i have seen a chart which says what each Raag is supposed to mean/represent, ill show it to you, maybe the Raags and their meanings had to do something with the order as well.

1 Soohi Being away from home. The soul being away from the House of Lord and the joy of meeting the true ‘husband 2 Bilaaval beautification of soul, happiness. 3 Gaund Separation, union, surprise. 4 Sri Maya and detachment 5 Maajh yearning to merge with Lord, giving up of negative values. 6 Gauri Principles, serious, thoughtfulness, composed 7 Aasa Hope 8 Gujri Prayer (Paath) 9 Devgandhari Merging with spouse, self - realization 10 Bihaagra Yearning due to separation of soul and happiness due to meeting the Lord. 11 Sorath Merits of God 12 Dhanasari Mixed theme 13 Jaitsree Stability 14 Todi Maya, separation 15 Bairagi motivation to sing praises of Lord 16 Tilang Sadness, beautification. 17 Raamkali To give up the life of a wandering Jogi. 18 Nat Narayan Joy of meeting the Lord 19 Maali Gaura Happiness 20 Maaru Bravery, profound philosophy. 21 Tukhari Separation and union with Lord 22 Kedara Love 23 Bhairav Man’s state of hell 24 Basant Happiness 25 Sarang Thirst to meet God 26 Malaar State of separated and united soul 27 Jaijawanti Vairaag (Detachment (from earthly things) ) 28 Kalyaan Bhakti (Prayer) Ras 29 Vadhans Vairaag (Detachment (from earthly things) ) 30 Prabhati Bhakti (Prayer that involves you totally focused on God) 31 Kaanra Bhakti (Prayer that involves you totally focused on God) (with thanks to info-sikh.com)

Hope this has helped. Forgive me if ive said something wrong. WaheGuru!

#3 Sher Singh, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  5. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Above is a great information. Thanks for bringing this out, Sher veer.

6. Sher Singh

Sher Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

np problem Arvind Bhai Ji :)

7. UnstoppableSingh

UnstoppableSingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I confused the question. When he asked about Amrit Kirtan i thought of the little book i used to read when i was in Gurmat camp........ oh well

8. truthseeker

truthseeker
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Unstoppable Singh ji,

Were you thinking about a gutka , when i asked about the amrit kirtan??????? ( btw im a girl)

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

9. UnstoppableSingh

UnstoppableSingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Sorry about calling you a guy...

As for a Gutka yes i know what that is. But what i'm talking about is a different book. It has Shabads sorted out for other purposes.

One section is dedicated for Shabads who main message is Ardas or Gurmukhs or Seva or War and so on. When we were growing up we would call that book Amrit Kirtan. So i thought of that.

10. truthseeker

truthseeker
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

(dont worry bout it.... mistakes happen)

I think i kno what u are talking about, its like a book with different shabads in it and it has both the translation and transliteration on it right??

I used to use that when doing kirtan as a little kid because i could not read Gurmukhi but now i have given it to my younger brother. That book is really helpful because as u sing/ read each line you have the meaning of it right in front of you.

waheguru ji ki fateh!

11. Sher Singh

Sher Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, im sorry veeri ji, i thought u were talking about something else... *blushes with embaressment* my bad. Bhul Chuk Maff kar! :)