• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Question

Mar 28, 2005
amritsar
i cant concetrate on the naam, although i try hard. i have not yet baptized. do i need to get baptized before i can concentrate on the Naam? i usually try to meditate on the naam but cant do it. My mind wont let me concentrate. how can one control his mind and concentrate?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
I guess, u r not pushing urself hard. Why not try to observe your thoughts which you get, which interfere your attempts! Somehow I believe, mosquitos feel like biting more, if we give more attention to them!

ravisingh

SPNer
Jan 21, 2005
Ottawa
Welcome tejinder singh Ji!

I am by no means an expert but before you try concentrating on naam maybe you should try some basic meditation techniques. A simple one is to sit with your eyes closed, head titled at a 45 degree angle and to focus only on your breathing. Another simple method would be to try right as you wake up (again focusing only on your breathing at first) since you are at the cusp of two different states of consciousness (sleep and wakefulness) you should be in a very receptive state (I think this is what is really meant by amrit vehla) to meditate.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM