Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

question

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by tejinder_singh, Mar 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tejinder_singh

tejinder_singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

i cant concetrate on the naam, although i try hard. i have not yet baptized. do i need to get baptized before i can concentrate on the Naam? i usually try to meditate on the naam but cant do it. My mind wont let me concentrate. how can one control his mind and concentrate?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Question About GGS Questions and Answers Aug 28, 2016
    Marriage And Discrimination Related Questions Blogs Mar 21, 2016
    Sikhi Questioning Faith Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Mar 3, 2016
    Entering into Sikhism: Questions on Reht Maryada. Blogs Oct 22, 2015
    A question about kes/hair? Blogs Oct 21, 2015

3. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

I guess, u r not pushing urself hard. Why not try to observe your thoughts which you get, which interfere your attempts! Somehow I believe, mosquitos feel like biting more, if we give more attention to them!

4. ravisingh

ravisingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Welcome tejinder singh Ji!

I am by no means an expert but before you try concentrating on naam maybe you should try some basic meditation techniques. A simple one is to sit with your eyes closed, head titled at a 45 degree angle and to focus only on your breathing. Another simple method would be to try right as you wake up (again focusing only on your breathing at first) since you are at the cusp of two different states of consciousness (sleep and wakefulness) you should be in a very receptive state (I think this is what is really meant by amrit vehla) to meditate.