• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Arts/Society Punjab Suicides Cast Shadow On Polls

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
1. The Bhatinda Ref Project... apart from the Naming problems...imho it may become reality soon...good.
2. Mohali Airport....dodgy as Haryana has a "taang arrayee" partnership..EVEN THOUGH ALL the LAND acquired is IN PUNJAB and the Farmers Displaced are PUNJABI SIKHS. Secondly this Airport...competes with AMRITSAR....and we in the Diaspora know HOW the Amrtisar Airport was "discriminated against"...so that Foreign airlines wont fly there anymore...SIA stopped..AIR ASIA had plans but dropped out..Malaysia Airlines too ahd plans announced..later dropped...apparently AA Raja Sansi was developing TOO FAST for IGI Delhi's comfort...because 95% of Delhi arrivals are PUNJABIS who then have to travel to Punajb..and all of them would rather go staright to PUNJAB !!..and then Badal announced plasn for Mohali Airport (naming problems persiist)
3. The Congressi MPs won on Platform of NO HIGHWAY from Mohali Fagwarra jalandhar ....so i suppose this project wont get underway either...

4. IMHO Real Estate prices are not that simple... Either Badal Govt or Big Time "Crooks" buy over HUGE tracts of Farmland....displace Farmers....and then begin development of HOUSING COLONIES..which they sell at high prices....the REAL LOSERS are the farmers who lose their livelihood...and spend whatever they got in compensation fast...in the end no land, no job and no money...THESE COLONIES spur "artificial DEMAND" at INFLATED PRICES....as the developers got the land at GIVE AWAY prices anyway...the PLOT that I bought in an Urban Estate in Punajb cost me just 15 lakh about six years ago..TODAY it is worth more than 1 Kror...everything else is the same...the Farmers from the village that gave up their land for this Urban Estate are still selling fruit juice etc from rehrriahn on the roadsides together with many Bhaiyas who sell peanuts...the Farmers got pittance as compensation from the Punjab govt....95% of BUYERS in that area are OUTSIDERS....none of the villagers could afford to buy even the smallest plots...who benefitted from the "prices"...??? real estate ??? Only the EState is REAL..rest is HOT AIR.
Why am I so..."unreal"....simply becasue I have MET in person those PUNJABI SIKHS who were residents of Villages that Became CHANDIGARH. They LOST EVERYTHING..and are SQUATTERS for the past 40 YEARS....while OUTSIDERS..Bhaiyas, UP residents, Biharees etc etc GOT HOUSING etc...
They have a Society that is struggling on their behalf and I am an Honorary Member...Those Villages were Prosperous....had dairy farming etc..etc..NOW they are PAUPERS....

I am real cynic...and pain in the ***..so please forgive me...
Keep in Chardeekalla Thanks for your patience too !!

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
In the program I saw on SEZs, a lady made a really important point about putting a price on self sufficiency and the means of a livelihood (i.e. owning cultivatable land)

Once people sell their land they become dependant so the so called industrial economy, which has its own problems. Essentially, in the end, these people can lose any independance they have and become reliant on state generated employment...which is a joke back home!

Plus the motive for buying the land can be dubious, as Gyani ji pointed out.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Gyani ji and Dal singh

I am myself is living in NCR region of Delhi and I met many Jaats,gujjars Yadavs Who were once the owner of this land.Many of them are now extremely rich.hardly any of them work in industries that were set up in this area
they have just created their own employment oppurtunites. like purchasing a small piece of land ,then making rooms and giving it on rent to labour,supplying milk to people,owning transport etc.If you have a piece of land which is giving you nothing then its better to sell it.The only thing you need is smartness
and art of managing money but I myself know that Its not that easy and not for simple pendu's

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: