Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Christianity Progressive Christianity

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Eclectic, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I guess The Center For Progressive Christianity is mainly for people who have been disatisfied in the church, yet want to still be apart of the church. I'll welcome any thoughts on the subject of Progressive Christianity.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Progressive Farmer Designed And Developed A Tractor Operated Harvesting Machine Punjab, Punjabi, Punjabiyat Sep 12, 2011
    Christianity What Do You Think of Christianity? Interfaith Dialogues May 10, 2013
    India 40 Sikhs Convert to Christianity in a Tarn Taran District Village Breaking News Aug 22, 2012
    India Sikhs' conversion to Christianity at peak in Punjab! Breaking News Mar 4, 2012
    Islam and Christianity: The Long Duel (from Sikh Nugget) Interfaith Dialogues Feb 6, 2011

3. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hm, thats interesting...it's like a middle path between Protestant and Catholic.

4. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

:confused: What are you talking about?

This Progressive Christianity is basically a liberal Christianity. Not the hard-core, fundamentalism type of stuff. They are more relaxed and non-discriminatory. Here is an example of a church that site consideres Progressive christian click here

5. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I thought Protestant was pretty liberal?....that you don't even need the Church or their views to be with God's presence?

I see that as more liberal, I dont know about you.

6. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

:) You have much to learn. :)

7. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

haha, only took 1 course on Christianity :x