• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Prof Darshan Singh Says No To "Tankha"

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Prof Darshan Singh says no to tankha
Kanchan Vasdev
Tribune News Service

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Punjab

Ludhiana, December 6

Former Akal Takht Jathedar Prof Darshan Singh said today that he would not undergo tankha even if he was excommunicated by the Sikh high priests.

He was declared tankhaiya by the high priests yesterday after he was held guilty in a case pertaining to his alleged blasphemous remarks against Guru Gobind Singh during his discourse at a Rochester (US) gurdwara.

Stating that the religious edict was passed against him without listening to his side of story, Prof Darshan Singh said he had not said anything against the 10th guru and he was his true Sikh.

He said he appeared before Akal Takht yesterday but the clergy wanted him to appear in the Sikh secretariat.

“When Akal Takht is a supreme authority then why should I go to a room and give my point of view? I will never give any value to a room when I believe in the supremacy of Akal Takht. I was there yesterday but they did not turn up there,” he said.

Stating that he valued the tenets of the Sikhism and could never insult the 10th guru, Prof Darshan Singh said he was against some chapters in Dasam Granth, which was being promoted as the second guru after Guru Granth Sahib.

“I have always stated that Dasam Granth was a bigger version of Bachhittar Natak that was always hated by the Sikhs. Now, people do not have time to read Dasam Granth and the clergy is trying that itgets acceptance among the people.

“I will never let this happen and I will never cease to be a Sikh,” he said.

The former Jathedar also said he would appear before Akal Takht on January 7. “But that does not mean they can keep on summoning me again and again. I will go there but not in the secretariat. Whatever decision they take, it is their will,” he added.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
The biggest question is :-
What was the method adopted by Proff. Sahib when he was the Cheif at AT. He too used to call people or said offenders in the same secretariat rooms. Why a turn around now. What it matters is he should have clarified his stand before the committe in what ever room the meeting was being held. Issue is more important than the place. This is really a mockery of the situation being made by him.

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Hardip Singh ji,

If Prof. Sahib as Jathedar of AT used to summon people in at the Secretariat, then of co{censored} he is adopting double standards.

But principally he is correct since the discussions should be held in an open and transparent manner in front of sangat. Even judicially hearings are held in open court and very rarely in camera and when held in camera, it should have proper prior authorization.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
First of all TWO WRONGS..never made ONE RIGHT.
1. Darshan Singh used to sing dg poems..and made money from them...NOW he has RIGHTED that WRONG..but dg proponents keep hounding him on that point. His action to put a WRONG RIGHT is not accepted but used to villify him.
2. He may ( I say May because i dont know of all)..BUT on one occasion of Panthic Importance when CM Barnala sent armed forces into Harmandir sahib Complex..Jathedar darshan Singh did call for a PUBLIC HEARING of the Barnala Case. He was brave enough and had integrity to call for CHIEF MINISTER to appear before the AKAL TAKHAT...and the CM was also brave enough to come and state his case. Sadly the PRESENT Jathedars have no such integrity/braveness to call Chief Minister Badal..his son..or even his wife...wehn photographic evidence of them ALL visiting ashutosh and other dehdharee gru deras has been submitted many times.
3. The SUPREME JUDGE of all of us is SGGS..darshan Singh did tender EVIDENCE off his innocence..original DVD endorsed by the Rochestor Gurdwara as original and unedited version....YET the Jathedars decided to only rely on the Fabricated edited dvd submitted by Lamba (who wasnt there either - shouldnt the complainant be there as well ??)
Since the SGGS is SUPREME..and the Takhat jathedars RULE by PROXY..what does this statement tell us.."We have not seen the dvd submitted before the SGGS and we WILL NEVER SEE IT...EVER.." tell you baout EGO IN THE HEAD ?? Doesnt the one sitting on a Takhat..have the responsibility to LOOK at ALL the evidence...sometimes the acused in an ordinary court just keeps MUM..yet no judge will convict him just becasue he is mum..they will clal on the prosecution to submit circumstantial evidence..and establish BEYOND DOUBT about the GUILT. No "judge" in any position will issue a statement that I WILL NEVER see any evidence that "may" prove a innocnet man innocent !!
3. Bhai Mani Singhs time the Gurmatta and large gathering of bandai and tatt khalsa was NOT held in a closed room. The MISL period..all Gurmattas were held in front of Akal Takhat...that is why there is a HUGE EMPTY PLACE there !! Public matters and Panthic matters must be discussed in PUBLIC...
5. Jathedar darshan Singhs hukmnamahs were respected by ALL...now Half..or MORE the sikhs dont recognise hukms coming out of AT simply because of loss of confidence..just read the Media reports..jinneh moohn utnee baats..WHY this BEADBI of AT ?? Tkahtaan de behn de laik is in GURBANI...political appointees paid servants who are sacked just like that..are the cause of this loss...and its OUR LOSS.:advocate:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Not only HMV...but they play like a broken record !!..Only word they know is "Haan Ji..Badal ji.....Haan Ji Makkarr ji....JEE haan Ji....YES MEN !!

2. btw this CLOSED ROOM secrecy began only 10 years ago...Jathedar Gurbachan singh said so to Darshan Singh. The Book by Roop Singh employee of SGPC who wrote an authoratative book on Hukmanmahs has several photos of Darshan Singh discussing Tankhah for CM Barnala, Delhi Minister Buta Singh etc in OPEN AKAL TAKHAT. One pic even has Gurbachan singh standing in the sangat in front of Akal Takhat. Closed room begna becasue DEALS had to be made...and obvioulsy deals cannot be made in PUBLIC. period.:u):

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: