• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Problems In Life

manimmi

SPNer
Apr 12, 2015
Waheguru ji ka khalsa ,waheguru ji ki fateh, i want to know what can i do ? as i did many mistakes in past . i cheated upon so many people , i do not find any way out , please help mee out. what shall i do ?

life.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Gurbani is the best way out. First attend to sadhsangat (meeting the people with saintly thinking) and listen to Gurbani. Gurdwara is one such place where you find this. Reading Gurbani and understanding it gives you the way out. First you must understand from Gurbani how to live in a society and play your role sincerely (Dharam). It is knowing your dharma towards the universe. Next come the sewa (service to the people) and simran (remebering the God). The company of the holy persons will provide you guidelines further towards the Creator. Both the holy ones and the Gurbani help providing the knowledge of the ONE and HIS Universe. Remembering the Creator God is the best way out; other ways like sewa (service to humanity) also work out. It teaches you humility, service with sinceritygradual detachment from worldly attractions etc. Meditating on Him continuously or doing service of the humanity getting totally committed will help you obtaining God's Grace which will help further in total alignment with Him and ultimate merger. This being long process your immediate requirement is to gloss over your past and knowing what good or bad you have been doing and what good you have to do. Gurbani says lust, anger, greed, affection/attachment to the worldly things, and pride are the worst which lead a person to a wrong path. Avoid all these by being cool, calm, collected, doing service to the people sincerely. Guru Nanak has taught the method of doing hard labour, sharing with others and remembering God continuously. So first step can be by doing hard labour; rather than taking from others or looting others sharing with others what you have sincerely earned with hard work and remember Him always who is the given of everything. May God help you in obtaining the right path.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Stop cheating more people. Lol

Sorry, take care not to cheat more people. Clearly you feel bad about what u've done. You understand how you feel. And it stems from action.

Control your action.

Will acting in the opposite help you? Ie, being helpful to someone in a small way (not trying to be a superhero or do something enormous). But a small step... small action to take a bite out of the bad action you feel u might have done?

I don't think there's a miracle solution.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
Waheguru ji ka khalsa ,waheguru ji ki fateh, i want to know what can i do ? as i did many mistakes in past . i cheated upon so many people , i do not find any way out , please help mee out. what shall i do ?

Interesting to reflect on.

We have all made our share of mistakes. I think the most important thing to do is to always be mindful of our actions, reflect, and learn from our mistakes. Easier said than done. Sometimes we make the same mistake over and over again.

Becoming truly conscious and aware of our mistakes is the first step. And then, we have to face what we have done, feel it out - but at the same time not get consumed by our guilt or shame or remorse. Once we can face and accept ourselves - our good and our bad sides, we can change ourselves. It may take time, but at least we can put ourselves on a better path. Also, if its something more serious, then perhaps we may also have to seek professional help/counselling.

Maintaining mindfulness of Sikh teachings, and seeking guidance from Gurbani can go a long way in aiding our transformation, and influencing are decisions and actions in life.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: