• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Philosophy Of Guru Granth Sahib

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Philosophy of Guru Granth Sahib: ` (Paperback) by Devinder Singh Sekhon

Not I randip singh ji. But it sounds really interesting. I may do that. And we should get back to discuss it and give the SPN Bookstore a plug at that too.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Looks interesting. Covers topics like:

1) Purpose of Human Life
3) Huqum (Divine Command)
12) Supernatural Powers: Miracles

We should get Mr Sekon to write here.

excellent suggestion - I have it in my notes to follow up. :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

randip ji

Great! That is a wonderful possibility and I hope it bears fruit.

Sewadaarni

SPNer
Jan 29, 2007
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!!
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Many Yog Jeo,

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this message. I am still learning my way around SPN :wah:

Please look at this link. This is an *urgent* message due to time remaining on the listing.

http://shop.ebay.com/baboo786/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

If the seller's claim is genuine, then please forward this link to those Sikhs who can buy this Beed, and keep this rare, priceless treasure in the humble possession of Sikhs, or in a museum for the benefit of all, since Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's philosophy is for everyone.

I also emailed this information to SGPC and a few Sikh organizations.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna Ji.

Chardi Kala!!

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Randip Ji,

Here are my two cents on the purpose of human life as per Sabd Guru/AGGS;

PURPOSE OF HUMAN LIFE

ABSTRACT

According to Sabd Guru the purpose of human life is to earn profitable merchandise (ਖੇਪ) of Naam in this world through an ethically lived life by subjugating the five lower instincts and development of virtues. Such profits can indeed help in emancipation or union of individual conciousness with Universal Consciouness. Guru Arjan in Sri Raag ponders on the subject:

ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਗੁਪਤ ਕਾ ਕਾਗਦੁ ਫਾਰਿਆ ਜਮਦੂਤਾ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਚਲੀ ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਿਖ ਦੇਇ ਮਨ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਹਰਿ ਲਦੇ ਖੇਪ ਸਵਲੀ ॥

Cẖiṯar gupaṯ kā kāgaḏ fāri*ā jamḏūṯā kacẖẖū na cẖalī.Nānak sikẖ ḏė¬ė man parīṯam har laḏė kẖėp savlī.

The accounts of the individual kept by mythological Chitr and Gupt, or the recording scribes of the conscious and the subconscious are torn up, and the Messenger of Death cannot do anything. Nanak gives this advice: O beloved mind, load the profitable cargo of the Akal Purkh's Name.-----Guru Arjan, Siri Raag, AGGS, Page, 79-18

The full article can be found at this link: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/spiritual-articles/26784-philosophy-of-guru-granth-sahib.html

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: