• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pain

Jun 1, 2004
Pain, everyone feels it. But all that is really is, is the reaction of your nerve's to your brain saying that something is going on"painful". Is there a way of chanalling that sensation and making it become something else (subconsiously).

We feel pain when we pinch our finger or get burned but why is that painful? Someone giving our back rub is a sensation that is soothing and not painful, yes there is a different but not that much of one. Is it based on pressure, temperature, conection? Everyone will say that pain is bad but can you make yourself actually enjoy pain?

I personally think that it is possible, you can subconsiouslly tell your mind to interprite pain different to a point that is make a sensation a not pain but almost pleasure but pain is good. :unsure:

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
I guess, Guru Arjan Dev ji, Guru Teg Bahadur ji and sikh martyrs might be knowing this technique, to channelize a kind of thought-force into another one!!!

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
If one can enjoy pain, then what is to stop a person from enjoying the infliction of pain upon others?

What is there to stop one from finding pleasure in the pain of others?

What is there to motivate one to help stop the pain of others?

Is finding pleasure in pain a good thing?

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Khalsa Ji,

The pain is caused be generation of specific chemicals is the affected part. This leads the brain to increase in blood supply to that part which helps in repair. If one invert the system then this repair will not take place.

I am not sure if any technique exist to do what Aman Ji has suggested and if Guru Sahib new that technique.

What i know is that when one goes into Samadhi, she or he does not feel the pain. Guru Sahib must have gone into Samadhi.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: