• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Oct 22, 2008
Sat Sri Akaal...
I found this page when I was searching for fomous writers of Punjabi. I work in Mysore as an Academic Consultant in Central Institute of Indian Languages with the President of Mysore Sikh Satsang Sabha President Sri Ranjit Singh Rangila.

I did M.A, M Phil (English). I love all the religions. Want to learn lot more about Sikkism.

Thanks
Jnana Murthy B R

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Dear Sir.

S.S.Akal Ji.

To your comments I just have to mention that you are 100% right. That is what SHRI GURU NANAk DEV JI enshrined in sikh faith that we are all one and come from one light.

BUT what to tell the society at large when our own Jatherdar or Leaders all invovled in preaching the sikh value having their own family names attached
according to their cast after singh.That identify the cast where one has come from and creat a divisions.

Some places you witness a clear divisions among even Gurudwars congragations.
One is Khalsa brothers and other ,for Jats other mix. That is why this hypocracy did not let us adnvance this modern and teachings philosphy spread in the rest of world like Christinity or Islam.We must practice what we preach.

If you ask a random Sikh fellow what is the differnce between you and Hindus. You will listen to the reply that `` we don`t believe in Cast System.``

Your eye brows goes up!.

What a hypocratic expression. There is a seed we have been sowing to ruin our beliefs iamages and teachings of our Gurus. What we say we are not even close to even touchings the real teachings.We get devided from the roots. when the child is born. First thing we gave the name to new born diifernt than the SINGH .Name will come from jat (CAST) according to childs family .

Yes we are deadly against our basic principals and boasting our seleves by our family names other than singh .it was intended by SHRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI.All to be call as SINGH to be all bothers.

The purpose was to creat a brotherhood with one family name SINGH.

Hope some individuals in management circle wake up and start preaching the real face of sikh philospy which is different than the cast belivers Hindus or others.

Jaspi

Welcome all.

Please start posts in areas of interest.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
rabjot_singh ji

Welcome to the forum. We are glad that you are here and hope that you are at home with all the resources and discussions. You and I have already conversed on one thread. And your comments were very insightful. Thanks for that. Please continue to start discussions and participate in the on-going discussions.

Antonia

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jnana Murthy B R ji

Welcome to the forum. You background in religion and language can only be a welcome benefit to SPN too. Please make yourself at home and participate in our lively discussions. Please start discussions as Randip ji said below. Great to meet you!

Antohia

Oct 6, 2008
Dear Jaspi and aadoo2 ji,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Your wishes and advice is very dear to me and will keep it in mind. Have been very preoccupied, but will certainly spend more time here on the forums.

Rab Rakha

Karan

Welcome to Sikh philosophy web site. The grain of knowing or seeking others to explore the truth has been grown in your heart right from the birth.But time is coming when the grain is opening up with desire to do something practical for what you are on this earth.Like you mentioned that you have not contributed any thing . No, the biggest contribution is made when you realize of doing something.
Let Sat Guru Ji show you the way to be in his NAM all the time and spread goodness aground you where ever you go.

Sikhism is very practical and guided by Guru Nanak Dev ji 's teachings with added Gurbani from nine GURUS. You must feel proud of such a religion which always seek SARBAT KA BHALLA.

We have no ritual to follow but the truth is the only truth and lead a simple, humble life.The most impotants teaching of Gurus about ritual,cast system ,lost of love among fellow sikhs,selfishness ,all is over shadowing the real teaching to be spread in the world.That is why sikh relegion could not make all the world aware how wonderful is the messages to the world where all human being are one and there is only one GOd for all human being no matter what lable one is carrying arround..

Sikh do not need a mediators to pray Onkar.

Wonderful.

Jaspi

Oct 31, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
I thank the members and administrtors of SPN for welcoming a humble sikh like me in their forum. I look forward to a nice informative association.:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
I thank the members and administrtors of SPN for welcoming a humble sikh like me in their forum. I look forward to a nice informative association.:)

Guru ka kookar ji

Your are most welcome to SPN where your insights and understandings are a gift.. We hope you spend some of the best hours of your week in discussion and using our resources. Join us. :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Hello to all,I am Johnny., a 60year old male from Alabama USA. I have no formal religion. I do believe in one God,creator, first cause.

jjackson ji

Welcome to this form and to all the great resources on Sikhism that are available. It is always a pleasure to wander through the conversations online here. Please participate and enjoy them. Please make use of our resources. The web site has much to offer. Make yourself at home. :)

dsmetheram

SPNer
Oct 18, 2008
Hello,
I am a 37 year old white female that lives in Canada. My life has never had any real religious direction. I met a Sikh man and love his approach to both his spiritual life and temporal life. I have started reading about the Sikh Guru's and have become genuinely interested in learning more about Sikhism. I am hoping this sit will provide me with guidance in my spiritual quest. I thank your Guru's for teaching you such profound lessons. Real world lessons even for today's age. I also, thank you for welcoming even the non-Sikh in participating in your site.
Diane Smetheram

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
dsmetheram ji

Greetings! And thank you for joining SPN. Your story is similar to many people here on the Forum. Please find your time well spent participating in discussions, listening to kirtan, and reading spiritual articles. There is a lot to enjoy, and more to learn. Say hello to the Sikhs of Canada for me when you pass them by.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Hi dsmetheram ji,

Welcome to SPN [ the short name of this site], I am sure you will like the site and the resources here. Pl. do not mind my spellings.
I really wish you well here and welcome once again. May HE bless you with all that you are looking for. Please do not hesitate for anything.

Oct 31, 2008
Sat Sri Akal to everybody. I am 48 years old man striving hard to be a gursikh. Joined the SPN family recently and am hopeful of gaining a lot from the collective wisdom of the SPN family.:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Guru-ka-kookar ji

Greeting and Welcome to you! Let me encourage you to participate in thread, and start threads of your own. There are so many varied topics that surely you will find more than one place on the forum that you will enjoy. Don't forget that members can also start blogs and create albums for sharing with other members.

Make yourself at home!:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
singhbhupinderji,

The topic of intercaste marriages is a very popular topic here. There is more than one thread related to marriage and dating that you will probably find very interesting. Please enjoy our discussions on that topic and on all the other topics. We are very happy you have joined us. Welcome to SPN!

Antonia

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
jaspi ji

How do you know singhbhupinder ji has all these thoughts and beliefs? We want to give warm welcomes here to everyone.

Welcome singhbhupinderji once again!! :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: