• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Thank You, my Dears! I love You with all my soul! I've found profile changing icon, though there are other inscriptions, but unable to upload a pic (reduced it till 100x100 pix & 56 Kb, but it anyway gives the message: "Upload file failed")
But I think that with time it will be settled.
Thank You!
Love
Julia

Please use the following navigation.

User CP --> Edit Profile Picture --> Option 2 Browse --> Clear contents (http://www/) for 'Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website' --> Save Changes

With Regards,
Arvind.

Rajbinder35

SPNer
Dec 19, 2007
Sat Sir Akhal to you all

I am 35 years old sikh in the UK. It is only now that I am older that I am questioning a lot of the ideas and information I have been taught throughout my life. I really enjoy this website because it really does make you think outside the box.

Whilst I am fluent in punjabi I am unable to read or write and hope to learn how to read and write sometime in the future.

Thank you all for your time and for all the information submitted for all to share.

Raj

Jun 2, 2007
India
Sat Sri Akal

Rajbinder35 Ji

U r Welcome

I hope that this forum helps you to find answers to ur questions . Please feel at home and enjoy all of our resources.

Gurvinder Kaur

Mar 13, 2008
My name is Manvinder Singh and I am 53 years of age. I try and follow the guide lines set by our Gurus but God is it difficult. I live in London and have traveled a lot except Australia, for some reason it never appealed to me. I was born in Kenya and have lived most of my life in the UK. I love being a Sikh, it is the most progressive religion in the world, alas our so called leaders have failed to reach out to the masses hence we have lost out on delivering the divine knowledge to the world.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Manvinder Singh Ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Lha;sa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

SPN is a place you may call your second home because matters discussed here in a candid way are welcomed by all. And kindly participate in conversations via postings and opening new threads. Please feel free to ask any questions via PM to any of the Forum Leaders.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
My name is Manvinder Singh and I am 53 years of age. I try and follow the guide lines set by our Gurus but God is it difficult. I live in London and have traveled a lot except Australia, for some reason it never appealed to me. I was born in Kenya and have lived most of my life in the UK. I love being a Sikh, it is the most progressive religion in the world, alas our so called leaders have failed to reach out to the masses hence we have lost out on delivering the divine knowledge to the world.

Mervinder Singh ji

Welcome to SPN. You have had an interesting life it seems. I agree with you. Sikhi is a progressive religion and a gift to those who would accept it.;)

er.guri

SPNer
Jul 18, 2008
my name is gurinder singh, i,m 25 and not married. my views are following
all i learn and read about sikhism that , sikhism does not allow caste system. but society made it huge issue. i don't believe in caste system. if you believe in caste system then follow it properly like live with your caste people not others, not talk with other caste people. If we don't do this then why we make caste issue during marraiges. SGPC should come forward to eliminate this caste system in Sikhism.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
gurinderj i

Welcome to SPN. Please always hold onto your idealism and respect for your fellows walking together on the earth. It is a pleasure to meet you and I hope that you spend many happy hours here.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Er.guri Ji,

Welcome to SPN. It would be interesting to hear your full views on this subject. We do have at least two threads which have discussed the caste system in detail.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sukhimahli ji

It is good to see you in Introducing Myself welcoming a new member. Please post your thoughts and join the conversations. :yes:

Parvin

SPNer
Jun 14, 2006
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

(Firstly, this is Parvin's daughter typing for her :) )

To introduce myself, my name is Parvin.
I've been living in the UK since 1965 and am a mother of four.
I don't know how to look for a lifelong partner for my older children, and have been searching for their soulmates for many years.
I hope to find someone who shares my worries about their children and can give advice on how to go about our problems.

I hope to make many friends on this website.

Thank you.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dear Parvin ji

Thank you for joining SPN. It is a pleasure to meet you here. I hope you do make many friends. Please then start conversations, participate in threads, make friends on you social networking page, listen to kirtan, begin a blog -- and use all the other wonderful things we have here on SPN. In other words, welcome. :)

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Hello, most people call me Jimbo; which is a variation on James or Jim, taht usually means that people like and are comfortable you, so I like it.
I've just read a Book called The Wisdom of Sikhism, and find it to be Wise Indeed, so I thought that I'd join in this little Group; though not to 'Party'!!!
I'm a Disabled Person (I was born with a Hereditary Nerve Disease called H.N.P.P.) living in Portland, OR., U.S.A., who has dedicated His Life to Noble Activism and the pursuit of a PhD - in either one of Ther Sciences of Anthropology (I haven't decided yet).
As as my beliefs are concerned, although I was raised Catholic by my Hypocritcal (as in Protestant, or Agnostic) Parents - who 'faked' being Catholic partially to Please my Paternal Grandmother and partially because they wished to give us (my 2 Brothers and 1 Sister) a better Education than what was available to us through the Facilities on The U.S. Air Force Bases' that were our Home for the first 9 yaers of my Life, by sending us to Parochial (as in: Catholic or Jesuit) Schools - I decided to 'take sheleter' in The Buddha, The Dharma, and The Sangha, when I was 16 (1982); which was a decision that I'm yet to regret.
This is mainly because I was VERY BLESSED when I became 'fully awakened' via Transcendental Meditation Experience, in 1991.
Better yet, when I 'went back' in 1994, and - after having (Lord Yama - to my fellow Buddhists, or - if you prefer - your own Belief Systems 'Supreme Deity; since 'The Beautiful Light' acknowledged that it had 'used' ALL the names that I was aware of, at one time or another; though it prefers NONE OF THEM!!!) confirm that I'd done a 'Good Job' of applying the Wisdom that it'd imparted to me during my first 'Visit' (to The Bardo, or 'Formless Realm') - made a Promise to OUR TRULY & VERY "Beautiful Lord" that I would watch for - and act upon - certain Omens that it assured me I would recognize (as I have).
It promised me it's support, and I have - largely - been blessed to have received it; though Arrogant, narrow-minded, 'Christian Right' here in America have taken issue with this fact; especially since they have been Propagandized against the use of Cannabis - or Marijuana - as a Pain Meidicine, for the last 50 years, by Corporations that don't want their Products to have to Compete with Hemp Paper, Hemp Oil based Bio-Diesel, or with 'Cannabis as a Pain Reliever or anti-depressant; as they now know that the first of the several Omens that I've recieved (like a shovel going 'thwack' into my FACE!) all dealt with 'Cannabis becomming a Legal a Medicine'.
As Cannabis was once a Primary Ingredient in over 6000 (!) Pharmaceutical Products, which were made by such Illicit Scumbag Corporations - who had obviously set out to 'Enslave Americas Youth to a Plant' - like Bayer, Smith-Klein, and Glaxo-Welcome (I'm being sarcastic, of course), the Mission that I - and many other Good Citizens - have set out on, is not as much of an Uphill Battle as it might seem.
The fact that I NEED to take a Narcotic Pain Reliever, like Methadone, when I don't have access to 'The Good Herb' (or Hashish), lends a VERY personal aspect to the whole thing; which is all part of The Dharma that i agreed to make MY OWN!!!
Shed no tears for my suffering, it's all for a Good Cause which I've few doubts that we'll win in the end!!!
It's a pleasure to have learned waht I have about Sikhism, you are blessed indeed by your open frames of mind; I only wish that more Christians felt the same way.
They are, after all, keen to point out that there is only One God; they just think that it is theirs and theirs alone!!!:rolleyes:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: