• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Welcome here respected Lucy ji.

Awal Allah Noor upaya Kudrat de sab bande;
Aik Noor tey sab jag upjaya kaun bure kaun mande......

Awal Allah............................................

{ hope u can make out, sorry about transliterations and mistakes;something is missing from above lines ;you may correct me]

Just to make things clear.....an approximate translation..

Allah has created all of us..
How can we say if some one is bad...?????

Regards.

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Oooooouuuh..

Sikh80, how can I make it out?
I am not a Punjabi, and I don't understand the language, please excuse me.

May be someone here are kind enough to do the translation for me, please...

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Sikh80

Yes, it is hard to label that someone is bad, but again God has given us the mind to think and reason, and thus allowing us to make the judgement. Hopefully through our feelings and with a good and sincere heart...our judgment can be reasonably right.

I believe:
In every human being there is a "black & white".

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I do not agree with you.

All the human beings on this earth are nice; it is the perception of the individual that makes one right /good or wrong

or

"black and white"

Regards once again.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh80ji and Lucy Ahmed ji

Please don't continue with this conversation in the Introducing Myself thread. If you want to continue please make use of the Inter-faith Dialogs section of the forum. You are welcome to start a new thread. This thread is so people can introduce themselves and be greeted by moderators.

Thank you,
aad0002

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
My dearest brother...Sikh80,

I am a Malaysian. I am not a Sikh. I do not know any Urdu or Punjabi. So I apologize for not understanding the words.

Black and white, it is.
There must be so.
If not there would be no waves on the ocean.
...no tsunami making the row.
no tears and no laughter.
hate and love there must be.
If not, how would we know what is good...what is beauty...what is holy...?

One can be nice, and at the same time one can also be bad.

Bless your good soul.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Thanks aad ji,

I prefer to take the advice. I was unfortunate of getting a stranger as my sister. I will learn many things with age.

Respected Lucy ji,
We [Asians] are sentimental fools and that we prefer to remain.
Regards

Visitor

SPNer
May 4, 2008
London
Hi everyone! I came across this website after looking for more information on Sikhism. I converted to Sikhsim about a year ago after I was asked to teach RE (religious education) at a school I was in. I did a little research and fell inlove with the words of the Guru Nanak and the basic principles of the religion. I did further research on the lives and implications of the times on each of the Gurus. I soon found that what I was reading just simply made sense - put everything in perspective. I found the Guru Granth Sahib and began to read from it. Soon after I found a local Gurdwara and felt at total peace. I joined here as I want to learn more. So much still confuses me (pulling apart culture fom religion being a big one). Anyway, I tend to babble a little bit so I will stop there!! Lets see how it goes...

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Welcome to SPN, Visitor Ji.

You may ask your questions in the New To Sikhism category. Many members are eager to answer questions. Hope to see many threads and posts from you.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Visitor ji

Welcome to SPN -- and have many wonderful hours at this site.

Funny isn't it how Waheguru finds us. We don't even have to go looking for Him. He knows what He is doing and He does it.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Thanks for your few lines of wonderful thoughts. You are right sir.
We are just so small little even little tha neutron can estimate or talk about Wahe Guru Ji. He is omni present is always with you to show you the way.

God bless you.
Jaspi

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
Hi Visitor,

Welcome.
I am new here too, and am welcome very warmly. :{;o:
Has been busy punching around and being punched too!!:}{}{}:
I praise all those who are close to God, but salute those who are open-minded.
:wah:

Islamfac

SPNer
May 4, 2008
I dont know where my intro went :/

Hi. I am me :D I am a founder of another forum that welcomes all. (See signature) :D

I want to ask again...

what is the proper way to greet sikhs?

Last edited:

futurekaur

SPNer
Sep 10, 2007
North Carolina
You can say hi;-)
I just read about your forum about moderate,open Islam and good for you. I think that's terrific. If you like the inter-faith forum is an excellent place. I love the great Sufi poets! and they are in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib too.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: