• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

kuttu

SPNer
Feb 28, 2008
Hello everyone my name is Grace and I just learned about Sikhism from another Sikh and I am very interested in learning more about this way of life. I live in San Francisco and the nearest Gurdwara that I have gone too is 1 hr away from me. There was a Gurdwara in San Francisco but it closed down so I was sad, I already prayed in the Gurdwara it was very nice and I really enjoyed being there. I was a Muslim but I feel that I wasn't were I belong I felt more at ease at the Gurdwara then Mosque. I also feel that the way women are more equal in Sikhism then Islam, I don't have any ill feelings towards Islam but learning about Sikhism my eyes are opening up. I just want to meet others who are learning also or already are living this life style.:eek:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome to SPN kuthu ji -- Please enjoy your time reading, browsing, interacting with SPN members. You will find so many things that will interest you.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
CHO412 Ji,

Welcome to SPN. We're pleased to be of assistance to you in navigating this website.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Hello everyone my name is Grace and I just learned about Sikhism from another Sikh and I am very interested in learning more about this way of life. I live in San Francisco and the nearest Gurdwara that I have gone too is 1 hr away from me. There was a Gurdwara in San Francisco but it closed down so I was sad, I already prayed in the Gurdwara it was very nice and I really enjoyed being there. I was a Muslim but I feel that I wasn't were I belong I felt more at ease at the Gurdwara then Mosque. I also feel that the way women are more equal in Sikhism then Islam, I don't have any ill feelings towards Islam but learning about Sikhism my eyes are opening up. I just want to meet others who are learning also or already are living this life style.:eek:

You welcome Kutti ji, you are on right site, you will experience open disussions which can be valuable to you here. Sikhism is all about growth of mind and purification of mind through good deeds. I live in near LA, do not know much about Gurdawara Sahib in your area; however, your visit shall bring fruits, always remember source of Guidance for us is Gurbani.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70

Great spirit you have?

Kuttu!! I was shocked when I checked the Gurdwara directory for San Francisco. None there. The closest one is in Freemont.

Gurdwara Sahib, Fremont - Home

There is another one in El Sobrante.

The Sikh Center-San Francisco Bay Area
3350 Hillcrest Road,
El Sobrante, CA 94803
Tel. 510-223-9987, 510-372-0607

bkchatha

SPNer
Feb 27, 2008
Hello everyone,
i am not very good at writing stuff,but really want to learn a lot about sikhi from all of you, so i can give my children right start in their life.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
bkchatha ji

Welcome to the forum. There are many resources and interesting discussions on SPN. Please enjoy the time you spend here.

kuttu

SPNer
Feb 28, 2008
I was so surprised myself and I was sad really to find out that the Gurdwara closed down in San Francisco I am not sure there is not much community here maybe other areas there is a bigger community. I want to learn about this life style and I will look at this web site to learn more, just knowing others are out there its good to see this. I feel I am always wanting to learn and seeking knowledge also, thanks for the comment :)

pk70

Great spirit you have?

Kuttu!! I was shocked when I checked the Gurdwara directory for San Francisco. None there. The closest one is in Freemont.

Gurdwara Sahib, Fremont - Home

There is another one in El Sobrante.

The Sikh Center-San Francisco Bay Area
3350 Hillcrest Road,
El Sobrante, CA 94803
Tel. 510-223-9987, 510-372-0607

Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
Hello everyone,
i am not very good at writing stuff,but really want to learn a lot about sikhi from all of you, so i can give my children right start in their life.

This is beautiful. I often think of how I wish I could have raised my children up in Sikhi. You can do that! What an incomparable gift that will be to them. You may look back on your life one day and see this decision as the best choice you ever made.

:up:

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
Guru Fateh to all members,
I am just struggling to follow the path of Guru Sahibaan. Hope to learn a lot from this site.
Thanks

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
mkm Ji,

Welcome to SPN. It would be good if you mentioned what you're looking for so that we can direct you to the right category.

~ namjap ~

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I was so surprised myself and I was sad really to find out that the Gurdwara closed down in San Francisco I am not sure there is not much community here maybe other areas there is a bigger community. I want to learn about this life style and I will look at this web site to learn more, just knowing others are out there its good to see this. I feel I am always wanting to learn and seeking knowledge also, thanks for the comment :)

Kuttu Please also try
Sikh Temple
2948 Rockville Rd
Fairfield, Ca 94534

Or Gurdawara Tracy
16101 West Center line Rd
Tracy, Ca 95376

If these are little closer to you.
PK70

Curious1

SPNer
Mar 2, 2008
Hey there,
Just saying hello to everyone. I just joined (mainly because of one question, and I was having trouble finding the answer to that question on the internet in general), but who knows... I might end up making a habit of coming onto here. :hmm:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Curious 1

Welcome to SPN - I have found my own time here very good for my understanding of Sikhism and of people in general. So I hope you also find that this is a good place to learn and grow.

Sat Nam.

inquisitive

SPNer
Mar 11, 2008
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I am trying to uncover the underlying principles that make a Sikh a "Sikh". Hope to get lots of insight from this forum.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Inquisitive Ji,

Welcome to SPN and hope you'll encounter many wonderful people to share info with you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM