• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Dear Sangat Ji
Gurfateh

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

My father,Sardar Tahil singh is 96 years old and he lives with us.My father is an active sevadar having served a great part of his life in the service of Psychiatric patients and later became a Giani at a local gurdwara for over 30 years.For the last 5 years he has been doing constant prayers at home.

I have great interest in Parapsychology.

Welcome to SPN. I have great respect for you because of the responsibility of the sewa you have whole heartedly taken to take care of your very old dad. You will certainly get super good karmic results.

Just like Guru Nanak said - Truth is Highest, higher still is truthful living.

Santokh (Seremban)

Nov 26, 2007
Dear Santokh Singh Ji,
Gurfateh
Thank you for the reply.I am also the chair for the Union Of Perak Sikh Organisations UPSO. You must have noted our posts on forming a Sikh Single women parent group.You or the other members of this group may want to visit our website at Sikh Social and Strategic Foundation - Home this web is being redisgned but you can see the activities we do.Thank you so very much for the warmth in welcoming me to this forum.
My father has great virtues.We lost our mother at tender ages.He brought us up and we are what we are because of his sacrifice and the devotion to Waheguru.Like we can never repay Waheguru for this life,we cannot repay our father for all what he did.This is fillial duty and this is his training for us children.Both my wife's parents also lived with us till they passed away over a year ago owing to sickness.
Rgds
Gurfateh

Last edited:

Hari Sandhu

SPNer
Nov 26, 2007
Hello SPN members,

I'm Harisimran Singh Sandhu, a teacher of English based in Punjab, India. I'm 53 years old. I love travelling and am widely travelled. I'm currently working on an article on Baba Deep Singh on his 250th martyrdom anniversary.

Regards,
Hari

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Hello SPN members,

I'm Harisimran Singh Sandhu, a teacher of English based in Punjab, India. I'm 53 years old. I love travelling and am widely travelled. I'm currently working on an article on Baba Deep Singh on his 250th martyrdom anniversary.

Regards,
Hari
Welcome to SPN, and good luck!

I will look forward to the article!

aim hundal

SPNer
Nov 26, 2007
hello to all of u.myself amrender singh hundal. i am from kurukshetra district of haryana(india). i'm doing my job in gurgaon,haryana. i'm a gursikh boy always thinking that why a lot of sikh boys are cutting their hairs.

Hari Sandhu

SPNer
Nov 26, 2007
Could anyone please help me with a copy in Gurmukhi script of the shabad 'deh siva bar mohe'. I could find it on the net but the acrobat file is not copyable.

Thanks,
Hari

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Here is the shabad

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥
स्वैया ॥
SWAYYA

ਦੇਹ ਸਿਵਾ ਬਰੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਇਹੈ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਮਨ ਤੇ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਟਰੋਂ ॥
देह सिवा बरु मोहि इहै सुभ करमन ते कबहूं न टरों ॥
O Goddess, grant me this that I may not hesitate from performing good actions.

ਨ ਡਰੋਂ ਅਰਿ ਸੋ ਜਬ ਜਾਇ ਲਰੋਂ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਿ ਅਪੁਨੀ ਜੀਤ ਕਰੋਂ ॥
न डरों अरि सो जब जाइ लरों निसचै करि अपुनी जीत करों ॥
I may not fear the enemy, when I go to fight and assuredly I may become victorious.

ਅਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਹੋਂ ਆਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਕੌ ਇਹ ਲਾਲਚ ਹਉ ਗੁਨ ਤਉ ਉਚਰੋਂ ॥
अरु सिख हों आपने ही मन कौ इह लालच हउ गुन तउ उचरों ॥
And I may give this instruction to my mind and have this tempotration that I may ever utter Thy Praises.

ਜਬ ਆਵ ਕੀ ਅਉਧ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਬਨੈ ਅਤਿ ਹੀ ਰਨ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਜੂਝ ਮਰੋਂ ॥੨੩੧॥
जब आव की अउध निदान बनै अति ही रन मै तब जूझ मरों ॥२३१॥
When the end of my life comes, then I may die fighting in the battlefield.231.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hari ji there is a request for you if you need any help please start anew thread rather than posting in introducing thread.I hope you don't mind

Amrik Singh

SPNer
Aug 28, 2007
Waheguroo Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguroo Ji ke Fateh !
I am a gora Sikh and have been blessed with Amrit about 15 years ago .Disturbed by extreme attitude of fundamentalists and the weak faith of many moderates I seek to learn from historical sources what was the practice and faith of Khalsa Sikhs at the time of Guru Gobind Singh until the Sikh raj and what modifications is accepted by all Guru Khalsa Panth.
My answer at this time is that the Akalis nihangs, some taksales and the Hazuris Sikhs represent the Khalsa in his original form. I am still eager to learn more.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I am a gora Sikh and have been blessed with Amrit about 15 years ago .Disturbed by extreme attitude of fundamentalists and the weak faith of many moderates I seek to learn from historical sources what was the practice and faith of Khalsa Sikhs at the time of Guru Gobind Singh until the Sikh raj and what modifications is accepted by all Guru Khalsa Panth.
My answer at this time is that the Akalis nihangs, some taksales and the Hazuris Sikhs represent the Khalsa in his original form. I am still eager to learn more.

Welcome to spn .You are at right place .There are plenty of white sikhs here .You can learn much more about about sikhism if you will stay here

Amrik Singh

SPNer
Aug 28, 2007

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Welocome Amrik.

satnamk

SPNer
Dec 17, 2007
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

I am Satnam from London, with Waheguru ji's blessing i live with my family and curently i am at university studying nursing. I just want to say thank you for creating such a nice website

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: