• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Jun 1, 2004
Re: Hello everyone, hows it goin?

Lol bilobasha, i like your easy style of expressing yourself... i hope you have a galla time on Christmas and you find the person (girl) that you are looking for in your life... i have seen many paki TV serials and i beg to differ on you, about your comment on lack of punjabi girls in pakistan... LoL ...

again, welcome to SPN, i hope you have a nice time around here and enjoy yourself :)

Khuda Hafiz

PS.: I feel like i have heard this name before... billobasha... can you enlighten us about the 'original' person... thanks

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Re: SATSRIAKAL ji

kaka_bhoondpataka said:
ok what all can i do on this site..i mean why should i spend my time on this site..pls let me know...im not trying to be rude or nething but if my fellow sikhs on this site could tell me with all the hardwork i need to put into my studies,why should i spare my time and visit this site instead of going to some music site for getting refreshed........
Dear kaka_bhoondpataka,

Sat Sri Akaal ji :)

Welcome and Thanks for the concern.

First of all, I must mention, that I had a hearty laugh on seeing your ID, that s so funny :ice:

I am getting a feeling that you havent gone thru many a posts on this site, which give so much insight into different perspectives on sikhism and current affairs.

At this time, I find it appropriate to tell you why and how I got hooked onto this site! Aman Singh the site admin, did the SPN site work single-handedly since June 2004, why he did so - he is the best person to reply. My guess is - He has a fire to learn more about Sikhism, and spread the word and awareness. He wanted to setup a forum, where freedom of speech is respected.

okay, about me, why I come here, a few reasons to mention to you and other readers:
1. Civilized Discussion oriented posts
2. Almost zero person-bashing and religion-bashing
3. Quality of discussion which has attracted very prominent persons around the world.
4. Today we are 834 members, getting onto this level for a newcomer is not a kid's play.
5. I come here to read original articles of Gyani Jarnail Singh ji, Amarpal ji, Prabhjyot ji, Tejwant ji, S|kh ji, Navneet ji, drKhalsa ji and many more, the writings of whom have got so much of thought provoking material. That fills in the fire in me to become a better sikh.
6. The unique sense of humor of S|kh and Aman ji, with lot of checks for reality which may be biting, but we stand up here to think and act cohesively.
7. Look at projects section in this site, which briefly sums up what we plan to do. Now that Aman ji and Etinder ji have their vision, There are lot of things in our wish-list, and we are constantly looking for people who are willing to contribute in whichever way, most appropriate for them. Now write back, in what way you can share your time with us, but we do seek commitment, when u say 'Yes'
8. Getting refreshed by going to other sites is totally individual choice. I have chosen to learn which refreshes me more.
9. Interacting with people from various backgrounds here have improven my communication skills a lot, I think so
10. Free atmosphere where new people are encouraged to provide feedback. Eclectic, Amarpal ji gave us more input regarding site appearance and usability, and this is our attempt to make it more member-driven
11. Recently, I stay in arcade, as to get more and more titles. Navneet ji is anyway invincible.
12. Gallery is new thing, which is there to share pictures with sangat
13. To give the deserving attention to budding artists/writers by recognizing their work by displaying that on the homepage.

The list continues. I hope I have given best of the my own reasons though. Rest is totally your choice to come back here or not.

Looking forward to more curious questions from you and other readers. And of course, active participation in the real discussions already going on.

Best Regards kaka_bhoondpataka veer.

Arvind.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

welcome to billobasha ji.

I was also under the impression that the "Punjabis" in pakistan punjab are "moore punjabi" than us...in fact ALL the Pakistani Boys that visit our local Gurdwara every week speak a better and more "Punjabi" type of boli than our boys who come from Jullundhur/Amritsar/Chandigarh... and the ones from Delhi dont even speak punjabi but hindi-milghoba-punjabi. Most of them cant even write Gurmukhi as well.

Jarnail Singh

basha

SPNer
Dec 19, 2004
New York, USA

Wow, thanks everyone for such a warm welcome, hope to get to know many of you better and also get to know more about Sikh philosophy. Also, on a side note, Ive noticed on your avatars the lion. Is this a symbol of bravery or is there more to the lion. Did any of the Guru Ji's keep a lion or have a special encounter with a lion who might have succumbed to the Guru's Ji's awesomeness. Anyway, may all of you and your families have a great christmas and a blessed new year. Take care.

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
Happy New year

Hi guys

wishing you and your family great, fantastic, joyous, healthy, peaceful, prosperous,successful & very happy 2005
[size=+0]Gurufateh and chardikala always:wah:
[/size]

Jun 1, 2004
Re: Happy New year

Tuhanoo sareyaan navain saal diyaa bhot bhot vadaiyaan hovan Happy New Year

So, What is your new year resolution... well mine that i will keep no resolution... hee hee

Enjoy !!

oracle

SPNer
Dec 27, 2004

Hi :) just wondering r u from SK ,CANADA?
etinder said:
Hi guys

wishing you and your family great, fantastic, joyous, healthy, peaceful, prosperous,successful & very happy 2005

[size=+0]Gurufateh and chardikala always:wah:

[/size]

Jul 13, 2004
Canada

Wishing a great new year 2005 to all of you :)

psst psst... Etinder ji, eh oracle kaka ji baree pataka cheez hun.. zara bach ke rehna ;-)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

i too join in in wishing all of you a very happy and prosperous ( spiritually as well as economically) New Year.

My country has also been hit by the dec 26 Tsunami - the Wave of death and as such teh govt has cancelled all New Year celebrations..instead we ahd prayers in all gurdwars and mosques, churches and mandirs.

Our Neighbour Acheh sufferd the worst. The sad thing is that the body count has been stopped brecause there are just too many bodies...and you know what...even sadder was reading a comment about them... "These people were NEVER COUNTED even when LIVING...so who cares to count them now that they are DEAD..." How TRUE.... as living persons they were so poor no one bothered to count them....and now that they are dead...who cares...they are just "statistics"... the life of a poor human is worthless !! even as a mere statistic ??

Please Pray for them.

Jarnail Singh

Aug 13, 2004
US

Gyani Jarnail Singh said:
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

Our Neighbour Acheh sufferd the worst. The sad thing is that the body count has been stopped brecause there are just too many bodies...and you know what...even sadder was reading a comment about them... "These people were NEVER COUNTED even when LIVING...so who cares to count them now that they are DEAD..." How TRUE.... as living persons they were so poor no one bothered to count them....and now that they are dead...who cares...they are just "statistics"... the life of a poor human is worthless !! even as a mere statistic ??

Please Pray for them.
ipAwrI swD sMgq jI,

nvW swl sB nUM mubwrk hovy, KuSIAW BirAw, cVHdI klw vwlw hovy[

sunwmI vyvz iv`c iv`CVIAW rUhW vwsqy, hr koeI ie`k ie`k suKmnI swihb dw pwT kro jI[ aus Akwl purK dw Sukr kro ijs dI swfy au`qy AYnI imhr hY ik AsIN Awpxy Gr dy in~G AMdr bYT ky aus nUM Xwd kr skx dy smrQ hW[

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw vwihgurU jI kI Piqh

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Re: Happy Birthday Singing Silence Kaur Ji

BIRTHDAY WISHES

Idealism: Happy Birthday.

Capitalism: I shopped all day for your birthday.

Atheism: I can't believe it's your birthday.

Hinduism: Holy Cow! Is it your birthday?

Taoism: It's everybody's birthday.

Buddhism: If your birthday party was held in the forest and nobody came... would it make a sound?

Existentialism: Your birthday means nothing to me.

Sarcasm: You don't look half bad for someone twice your age.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: