• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

gaganpss

SPNer
Sep 9, 2006
Hello friends.....My name is Gagan.....The main reason i joined was to understand more about my religion....so please help me learn more.....

Hi all friends....i just wanted to complain abt a message which contained a sex site link.....i request the management to pls take utmost care abt such messgs since they can spoil the image of the site....

Hello to one and all.....I had two questiions....where can I find proofs for the kathas that we have heard about our Gurus in Gurbanis and in the Granth Sahib....the second question is ...why do we preach the gurus in our mool mantars when actually we should preach their teachings inscribed in the Guru Granth Sahib..the gurus were just human beings like us......I ddont meaan to offend anyone by my qs....I just need to get these qs answered.....Again I dont mean to be rude......so pls bear wit me....

thanx....

Last edited:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Hi all friends....i just wanted to complain abt a message which contained a sex site link.....i request the management to pls take utmost care abt such messgs since they can spoil the image of the site....

Welcome to SPN!! Could you please provide me the link where you found that link. It would easier for us to keep the site clean. Off late SPN is suffering from spam... we are working towards it... rest assured. :)

GITIKA KAUR

SPNer
Sep 7, 2006
delhi,india
soul never dies
SSA
It is a well known edifice of Hindu philosphy that' Soul never dies and Body and soul are different.It's origin can be traced back to Gita when Arjuna was given the sermons by Lord Krishna.The question may have a relevance to the Sikhism and I humbly approach the honourable members of this forum to comment upon if the Sikhism also have the ingredient of this philosphical touch.To me , an illetrate, it appears that we have references in literature that do suggest that we do have similar philosphy ingrained in our religion . I am not very sure and versed ,hence as usual this request for guidance of scholars of Sikhnet.
In any case it may not be taken as an offence as I have just started learning my religion and its basics.
Thanks

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
dear GAGANPSS ,GITIKA KAUR

Welcome to the forum SPN!

Dear Gagan

why do we preach the gurus in our mool mantars

Can you elaborate further about your query here, then may I can attempt answering it.

that' Soul never dies and Body and soul are different

Dear GITIKA KAUR

yes this has been acknowleged in Sikh Philosophy as well

Thnx

Jatinder Singh

gaganpss

SPNer
Sep 9, 2006
Satsriakal and hello to one and all...I hope everyone is fine and well....Well regarding my question, I mean that in the gurbanis that I have heard in many Kirtans, one or the other guru is preached and praised in such a way that people start believing and praising the Guru and not his teachings....I dont find this practical....

thanx and Cheers...

Rulzion

SPNer
Sep 15, 2006
Dear Aman

Thank you for the message of welcome.

My interest in the Sikh religion stems from the fact that my great grandfather Thomas Rattray raised the 45th Rattray's Sikhs (3rd Battalion the Sikh Regiment) and I was privileged to attend the 150th anniversary celebrations in Batinda.

I will also be making a presentation at the War museum in London next Wednesday. The Title of presentation will be: Portraits of Courage: Bravehearts and Lions. Further details can be found at: Welcome to the Imperial War Museum London Home Page : Portraits of Courage: Bravehearts and Lions

Thiis talk is part of the Anglo Sikh Heritage trail promotion see: http://www.asht.info/

Rulzion

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Rulzion said:
Dear Aman

Thank you for the message of welcome.

My interest in the Sikh religion stems from the fact that my great grandfather Thomas Rattray raised the 45th Rattray's Sikhs (3rd Battalion the Sikh Regiment) and I was privileged to attend the 150th anniversary celebrations in Batinda.

I will also be making a presentation at the War museum in London next Wednesday. The Title of presentation will be: Portraits of Courage: Bravehearts and Lions. Further details can be found at: Welcome to the Imperial War Museum London Home Page : Portraits of Courage: Bravehearts and Lions

Thiis talk is part of the Anglo Sikh Heritage trail promotion see: http://www.asht.info/

Rulzion
The site www.asht.com coming soon! has very impressive information. I am running short of words to thank you for preserving the rare information.

And Welcome Rulzion ji :)

Keep participating in the forums.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Literally in Punjabi Language word BABAJI is used to adress elderly Man with Respect.

well on this site it has alos been used for various Saints and also all TEN Guru ji individually while adressing them

Jatinder Singh

Nripan

SPNer
Sep 21, 2006
Waheguruji ka Khalsa Whaeguru ji ki Fateh,
Guru piyari Sadh sangat Jiyo,
My name as you would have seen already is Nripan Singh. Am in Surrey, BC , Canada. And this is a great oppurtunity to share thoughts with the other member of this comunity who have the same belief.

Taking of belief, I would like to put in - We have been blessed with one of the most unique Faiths in the world, with new thoughts and talking of interfaith harmony and right of choice by belief and not by force. In this time we as SIKHS all over the world are not recognised as a seperate identity but confused with other religons......... and our plight is that we ourselves are not sure of what we have. So I would request all of you to bring your belief level up to a point where no one can touch you and you can make a diffrence in someone's life.

Gur Fateh,

Nripan Singh:up:

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Nirpan ji,

As and when sikhs will continue to be in a variety of professions, they would get more recognition. Defence services, community services such as police, medicine etc - when more and more of us join those services needing first hand interaction, awareness is bound to come, and confusion would go.

Regards, Arvind.

Sep 20, 2006
SSA to all the member, I am Aman Preet Singh living in Delhi for last 10+ years along with my brother. I am working with an MNC in Noida.

I appreciate the efforts of this form to bring every Sikh on one platform and share their views. May Vaheguru bless them to achive all the good mission.

Gur Fateh,
Aman

aizza

SPNer
Sep 22, 2006
Hello all,

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum. I came by it while googling for something.

I beleve in the goodness of mankind and that peace and harmony should pervade this earth.

Hope to learn some interesting things.

Aizza

stocksmgm

SPNer
Sep 22, 2006
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Fateh to all my brothers & sisters on SPN network.
I have just joined SPN on 09/22/2006. My heart and soul belongs to Sikhism but I'm not a Kesadhari Singh. My search about Baba Vadbhag Singh Ji on the Google lead me to this site. I was surprised by some of the comments about Baba Ji made by some SPN members that clearly showed their lack of knowledge and ignorance. Baba Ji Vadbhag Singh was a great Sikh Warrior who followed the foot steps of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and possesed a spiritual power to manage the evil spirits for the better use of their energies.
The power of Baba Vadbhag Singh Ji's is beyond my emagination and comprehension. My three boys who are now 18, 17 and 14 are the living proof of his blessings.
Regards to all,
Rajinder Singh

Sep 27, 2006
sat nam!

i am a kundalini yoga teacher from vienna/austria. kundalini yoga completely transformed my life in few years of practice. everything makes sense know. i want to share this wonderful technology with as many people as possible. as our master, yogi bhajan says: it is everyone´s birth right to be healthy, happy and holy.

love to all,

gobind singh

serinakaur

SPNer
Sep 26, 2006
Re: Introducing Myself, hi all!

Gurfateh all!

I've just joined and wanna say hi! I came across this site and thought wow, where do i begin because theres such a wealth of information. I think what i'm hoping to find on the site, is to learn a bit more about the mystical side of sikhism, cos it never ceases to amaze me. I know sikhism is also about living in the reality of today, and the history is great too. But i really want to know more about the power of belief and where it can lead a soul, even today in our cyber community. I really want to taste the ethereal raas, maybe somebody has or is.

After clubbing,drinking at uni, now that i'm older maybe even wiser?!?, all i want to do is feel that elusive divine bliss and peace. Its definately becoming an obsession with me. I'm 27, and my brother and sister aren't into it, so it would be great to connect with others who feel the same, and want to live for it to, and it would great to learn how they do, cos i'm new to the sikhi game of life.

Take care all, love&light.
serina kaur .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: