• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mz Kaur

SPNer
Aug 28, 2006
nottingham
hi ppl i'm new with this stuff so sorri 4 any mistakes. I'm mz kaur n its nice 2 meet u all. I live in nottingham n am still in secondary school.
Mz Kaur

Aug 30, 2006
Sat Sri Akal to all,

I visited this page while searching for castisism in Sikhs.Why are we still following Castisism when our all gurus preach that we all are same....dasvi patshai gave us "Singh" and "Kaur" to use as our last names.But still now jat...ramgarhia....MAzhavi all r existing.

I am looking forward to know what today people think about castisism...not abroad only but also in India...HOw successfull we are to tell our elders that we have actually come out of this chhotta badha thing.

Currently i am working as software engineer in Mumbai.Basically belong to Punjab.

Dhanwant

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Dhanwant Kaur

welcome to the SPN!

This caste issue has been disscused in couple of topics on this forum .
As for you r question : Sikh cant believ in caste and the mere fact that somebody is believing in it means that either he is not a sikh or basically Hindu trying to be a Sikh yet calling him/her Sikh

Thanks

JAtinder Singh

manjeet2420

SPNer
Aug 30, 2006
Introducing Myself

My name is Manjeet singh and I am 32 years old a keshdhari sikh. Iam married and I have a Son. One week earlier I was not interested at all in naam simran, one day when I was surfing the dirty matters on the web suddenly a thought came into my mind and I started searching Gurbani Kirtan in Google. Suddenly lot of related to sites appears on screen. It was my first time to spend such a good time on computer while searching our own religion site It was amazing that a thought over thought came into my mind and suddenly a site opened in front of me in which rules and regulation for the naam simran had been given and I also started reading them slowly and slowly then I came to know the real naam simran. I don't know what happened at that time & I took decision not to waste my time any more in other non fruitful activities. Now Daily I am doing naam simran in the earlier after 1:00 am in the morning after taking the complete keshi Sanaan and now I am feeling like a Khalsa which can die but will never break the rules & Aman Singh I am also thankful to you to consider me as one of the member in your forum. I think Its all Guru Kirpa that he choosen me in shape of his Khalsa. I am thankful to my Waheguru to show me the real path and work of the Khalsa.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Dear Manjit,

Welcome to the forum. Sikhi is a journey of the individual and of the individual only. Each of us carry our own Gurmat torch. Some have it lit all the times with naam simran and some like me look for others' torches to help me light mine. And this forum is a good 'lighthouse' from which we can use the light to light our own.

Enjoy your journey.

Tejwant

Manjeet

SPNer
Sep 4, 2006
SatshriAkal to All SPNs

I hv just registered myself here. This site looking interesting and good for our culture that's y i registered here.

Regards
Manjeet

El D

SPNer
Sep 6, 2006
Hi every body!.
My name is El D and i am happy to be here. Firstly i would like to come straight out with it and tell you that i am infact a MUSLIM and studying comparative religion in order to complete my doctorate. Please feel free to judge me but also know that i am always truthfull in all that i may comment on and really dont care what you think of me. but at the same time care what you think of yourselves and others and am willing to give advice and take some ,so no problems.
I would also at this time like to ask Dhillon what he ment by Muslims were offered the chance to debate and did not respond because they cant. Let me tell you Dhillon bai saab, hit me with your best shot and i will give you the truth 100 percent bro.
thanks for taking time to read this post.
speak to you soon.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Dear ElD,

Welcome to the forum where open-mindedness is a prerequiste. We as seekers(yourself included) are here to share and interact, so that we can learn from anyone we come in contact with, hence we are all SIKHS (yourself included).:)

So as a Sikh, a student, a learner, a seeker, we all care what and how we learn. Hence your remarks about not caring projects you as not so open minded. May be you did not mean it like that.:)

If you have any questions about sikhism which can turn into a constructve interaction, then pls feel free to ask.

Caring breeds sharing.

Once again welcome.

Tejwant

singhrajpal

SPNer
Sep 7, 2006
waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru ji ki fathe.

shri bhaguti ji shayie.

tuhi sasstrani aasstrni aap rupa.
tuhi ambka jambhanti aanupa.
tuhi aambka sitla totla hai.
prithvi bhoom aakash te hi kiya hai.
tuhi mund mardi kapardi bhawani.
tuhi kalka jalpa rajdhani.
:)

GITIKA KAUR

SPNer
Sep 7, 2006
delhi,india
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh
myself gitika kaur i am from delhi i always try to find out new websites related to sikh religion so that i can gain more knowlede coz i totally belong to hindu family i hv become amritdhari on april 2006 nd took amrit from akal takht nd i hd neither studied in sikh college/school nor i hv any sikh friend recently i hd joined gurmat training programmes nd i am a member of iigs camp our website is www.iigs.com every year we go to diiff place nd arrange nd camp nd take classes i am runnin my boutique als nd doing my studies als DIPLOMA IN DIVINITY .act punjab university {patialla} hd started this course bt they will conduct classes in delhi i think this is enough knowledge for you
siya
regards
gitika kaur

GITIKA KAUR

SPNer
Sep 7, 2006
delhi,india
my question is that politics in gurudwara

wjk wjkf
one side we say we hv a relation of brotherhood nd one side we alwys try to cut each other we cant see if if people like so mch other sikh nt any other place i am tlking abt GURUDWARA the place whe guruji lives people feel jealous they alwys try diff diff tricks always try to play politics in gurudwara why ? this is not sikhi our waheguru ji never taught this lesson

saini_kamal

SPNer
Sep 8, 2006
Saadh sangat jio,

||Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh||

Myself Kamaljeet Kaur Saini a Software Developer at Raipur India.Keenly interested to gain knowledge about our great religion.

|| Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh||

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Gitika Kaur.

welcome to this forum!

I hope you will find it useful and your contributions will make it even better.

I request you to please write your personal story about geting into sikhism and taking Amrit . It can be inspiring to many others .

I hope you do not mind my request

Jatinder Singh

HannahBanana

SPNer
Sep 11, 2006
South Florida
Greetings from South Florida!

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to post an introduction but I saw one here so I figured it was okay. My name is Hannah, I've been a Buddhist for a while now, but I'm not sure if it is right for me, so I am researching other religions. Sikhism is one of the religions that piqued my interest very much so I decided to join here.

I hope to have a nice time here and learn a lot.

Thanks!:p

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: