• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Hindu Guru,

Welcome to this forum

KIndly enlighten me if you know "Bhagauti " and enlighten me more about it and also whatthis word Bhagauti means

In sikhism as undertood by me the Baghauti is use to represent the formless God (AKAL PURAKH) and as the only worship permmisable inSikhism is of AKAL PURAKH so it has been advised to worship him and keep his rememberance above all

Jatinder Singh

Feb 27, 2006
Waheguruji Ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh,
I am new entrant and join to know more about my religion. I am late as Baba Farid said “ Farida Kali Jinhi Na Ravia, Dhawali Rave Koi, Kar Sai to Pihrdi, Rang Navella Hoi”
its my first attempt to know about Waheguru thru this web. What I strongly feel one should know about the religion to which he is following.
Regards
Aap Ji ka Das Param Jeet Singh:)

jyoti2005

SPNer
Feb 28, 2006
WJKK WJKF,

I am Jyoti from India, Just joined SPN to learn more about the religion which I have inherited from my ancestors, the Sikhism. Hope we'll all enjoy it together.

Hope you all will forgive me if I commit some mistake during my stay at SPN.

khalsaforce

SPNer
Mar 1, 2006
wjkk
wjkf,

I am khalsaforce and I represent KHALISTAN but i dont see a flag for that,admin jee can u add nishaan sahib to flag list.:) its feel nice to be on another sikhi forum.

geewalia

SPNer
Mar 5, 2006
Esteemed Sadh Sangat ji
Sat Sri Akal
It is a pleasure to be a part of SPN . few days ago I was surfing on the net and I wanted to find some site where I could clear my doubts, in short ,know more about Gurbani .God helped me and the bonus was that I could access live kirtan from Sri Harmandir Sahib,all from this site. Now about myself,.. My name is Geet and my husband is in the Armed forces.
Currently we are posted at Pune.
Being a member of SPN it feels wonderful becaause now I am looking forward to be in company of people who know so much about Gurbani .

kanwal295

SPNer
Mar 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Guru pyario, Satsriakaal. It is my great pleasure and honour to be part of Sikh Philosophy group. and hope to be able to learn the depths of Silhism which is missing from many texts and kathas. I also hope to be able to share thots on Simran / Meditation worship, for the Sikh masses have been led to believe and understand that Simran is just a superficial "rattana" of the Mantras and that's the reason why when we talk about Simran which has been rated the highest by the Gurus, the Sikh sangat just literally ignores it, and hope to gain redemption/salvation/release from rounds of transmigration by just doing sewa(ego-filled), and ritual attendance at Gurdwaras and so on..... I am 65 years old and a retired surgeon, presently teaching at the New Zealand Chiropractic college. I also head the Sikh Naujawan Sabha New Zealand, which is in its infancy and has to make its presence felt.... we made a representation to the French Ambassador on Turban issue last year. Hope I will have a wonderful support for mutual learning..... Love you all and may Waheguru bless you...... kanwal

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Its a pleasure having such a motivational people around SPN. Hoping for a mutual learning. Thanks for your comments and have a nice time around here...

Regards

Feb 18, 2006
Mohali
Dear Col Bajwa Ji, Sat Sri Akal, Welcome to spn. I feel their is a great need to remind our younger generation about the sarifices made by our GuruSahiban and Sahibjadas. They are forgetting their rich heritage. Many of them are getting addicted to intoxicants and abusing prescription medicenes. May I request you to send your valuable views, reading material and links on this subject. Regards, Gurdeep

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
sat sri akal. My name is Anoop. I am a college student in england who is currently doing AS levels on economics, btec business and music technology. I have really been interested in sikhism, because it speaks about the truth. Waheguru is present in every living thing. And we must appreciate what waheguru ji is doing. My aim is to meet the divine light one day. But i have not taken amrit and i am not a singh. I have read a book called 'DIVINE MYSTIC REFLECTIONS ON GURMAT'. It talks about the divine light reality that god is in everything and can be sighted through the third eye. I am impressed and appreciate the teachings of the sri guru granth sahib ji. I need help to become a disciple of god. I am interested in this religion. Thanks for taking time on reading my message. May waheguru ji be with everyone.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Welcome to SPN, its our great fortune to find so many dignatories visiting this site. Plesae feel yourself at home and take a lead by introducing various topics which are most close to your hearts. If you will open your one window of thought, many other hearts will open up. Welcome to SPN !! :)

With warm regards

Aman Singh
for Team SPN

Jaskaran

SPNer
Mar 15, 2006
Sat Shri Akaal! my name is Jaskaran Singh and i live in Surry, Vancouver(canada).I m interested in Sikhism becuz it is my religion and our Guru's sacrificed their lives for us, so that we can live free. and Sikhism speaks about truth, wats right, not who is right.

Mar 19, 2006
hello

hello and sat sri akal to all the members of spn forums.

I am 28 years old sikh from haryana (India).

I have joined this forums to go deeper into the roots of sikhism. As of now I am just a novice, wanting to sail through this world ocean.

I feel blessed that I have the privilige to be a member of this knowlegeable community.

Surender Singh

Sher_Singh

SPNer
Nov 10, 2004
United Kingdom
Re: hello

Sat Sri Akaal, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh surendersingh,

Im am sure you will learn alot from this forum, and just because you are a novice, does not mean we can not learn anything from you.

Welcome and best wishes in whatever you seek

Sri Akaal Sahai

Mar 19, 2006
Re: hello

Sat Sri Akaal, Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh sher singh ji,

Thank you for your kind reply sher singh ji,

I think that the grace of God is of utmost importance in life without which everything is useless and futile.

I pray to God to shower his grace on all the members of spn forums.

Surender Singh

garrettv

SPNer
Mar 24, 2006
New Mexico
Hello and Good Morning,

I am a 52 year old female living in New Mexico. I am a clinic manager for a non-profit organization who serves the underserved in the State of New Mexico. I am writing to learn more about the sikh way of life and looking to live a more peaceful and be in harmony with myself and others. I grew up in a small town in Kansas and had no religion in my life until the age of 12. I was then introduced to the Catholic religion through my step-mother and was terrified through most of my adult life due to the negative teachings I felt was being put on me. All I learned through the Catholic religion was that because I was a female, I was doomed no matter what. I have dealt with these issues and have become more at peace with myself and my God. At this time I work with a Doctor who is a member of the Sikh community and have found his presence to be very positive and calming. He has taken the time to explain to me how to start becoming a more positive and calm person with some exercises and has introduced me to some yoga. I am currently on chemo and have 10 more months of treatment. This has been very trying and this Doctor has been a lifeline to a better understanding of myself and how I can help my mind to find it's center and become a better person. Our talks have stirred my curiosity and I am interested in learning more about the history of your religion. The things we have discussed feel like this is the right road for me to travel down. I appreciate your time and would welcome any suggestions on how to begin.

Thank you,

Vickie

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: