• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

truantmuse

SPNer
Aug 23, 2013
Sat Sri Akal Ji

I found SPN quite by accident as I was surfing looking for some shabads. I started reading a couple of threads and before I knew it, I was completely drawn in by the intense and illuminating discussions here.

I was brought up to live life according to Sikhi, but somewhere along the way, in my quest for other (worldly) things, I seem to have lost a lot of what I valued most in life - spirituality. To be honest I am sorely disappointed with myself, and I would like to find my way to a more spiritual way of living, in keeping with these lines from one of my favourite shabads:

Meeraa dhaanaa dhil soch ||
Muhabathae man than basai, sach saah bandhee moch ||1||

Think of the Lord in your mind O wise one;
Enshrine love for the True Lord in your mind and body; He is the liberator from bondage

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
truantmuse ji

:welcomekaur:

Thank you for joining us. I am fascinated by your name and it is lovely. Your reply to Sikhi in Tough Times was so heartfelt. Sukhmani Sahib is the hymn that creates in us the effect that you described. It is wonderful to read and awesome to hear. Thank you for bringing our attention to the Sukhmani.

Well, we look forward to more comments from you and do not forget to start your own personal discussions. You may also want to start a blog in our Member Blogs section. It is a great way to meet members in a very personal way.

Last edited:

truantmuse

SPNer
Aug 23, 2013
Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words adminji. I too look forward to being an active member of SPN, and to learn from everyone here.

My username is actually from one of Shakespeare's sonnets:

O truant Muse what shall be thy amends
For thy neglect of truth in beauty dyed?

It seemed somehow apt as spirituality seems to be playing truant in my life since I have been neglecting truth in favour of attachment to false, transient things.

Aug 9, 2013
Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Myself Jasdeep Singh I am proud to be a sikh,I just try to live my life according to the teaching of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .I am 100% agree that we have failed in giving the true massage of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to the world.So My main motive to join this platform is to discuss my thoughts, My point of veiw about sikh rituals and traditions and try to make others peoples aware about sikhism.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Welcome Jasdeep ji to SPN!

The energy in your introduction brims over and makes me feel energetic myself -- even over the Internet. I look forward to hearing from you in the thread discussions. Many members here have a strong taste for discussion on topics like the one's you have mentioned.

Thank you for joining SPN. Enjoy every minte. :welcomekaur::happykudi:

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
Sorry, didn't see this thread.:whisling:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am a long-time lurker on this site, and have just registered. I'm looking for friendly, reasonable discussion about Sikhi and other topics, and this is the forum to go to for that.

I am, I think, the only gora Sikh convert in Nottingham. I stayed in Derby for a while though, apparently there are a couple more there and in other nearby localities.

I was born in a non-religious family, but I spent a short period with the Sufis (of the orthodox Qadri type), during which Waheguru ignited the divine love for God, and brought me to Sikhi. I have been attending the Gurdwaras and joining the Sangat for 4-5 years now, learning about what it means to be a Sikh, and now I have decided that I want to make the best of my young age and take Amrit to become a proper, practising gursikh, hopefully within a year.

PS: you have an interesting range of emoticons here, eg:
:fish:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Welcome to Sikh Philosophy Network jaggi7921 Ji,
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

For Sikh History, you can visit the website www.sikh-history.com/ ,
Alternatively, for some good discussions on Sikh History, please visit www.sikhphilosophy.net/history-of-sikhism/ .

In case of any doubt, you can start a thread so that we all can discuss the topic.

Hope that helps.
Please keep on visiting SPN regularly and contributing in the discussions here.
:happymunda:

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
waheguru g ka khalsa waheguru g ki fateh
i juast want to know the history about all guru's so thats why i join this site,so can anyone help me for this.:kaurkhalsaflagred:

Gur Fateh,
You may download, for free, "A Glimpse into the History of the Sikhs" (246 pp) on the following web site:
pothi.com

If you feel like owning a print book, it is also available with the said pothi.com and you can order from the said publishers.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: