• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

shanter

SPNer
Aug 14, 2012
I am a widow 52 of age with three beautiful girls age 18,16 and 13. Have been through so much in life. Iam living today for the sake of my girls and am carry out my duty as a mother given by Waheguru. have been trashed by relatives and looked upon because i married a muslim. But i have never left my siki and my girls belong to gurudawara. My girls have taken Wahwguru as their father. And have surrended them to him.

Aug 15, 2012
sat nam , i joined while searching for various translations of Gurbani. i am a bit too busy for forums, interested in the sufi element in Sikhi, though do not know much about it. if there is a thread on that can you tell me, and - why the adverts at the top of the page, which are often not really sikh-like in quality? Guru's blessings to all. Shiv Charan Singh

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
I am a widow 52 of age with three beautiful girls age 18,16 and 13. Have been through so much in life. Iam living today for the sake of my girls and am carry out my duty as a mother given by Waheguru. have been trashed by relatives and looked upon because i married a muslim. But i have never left my siki and my girls belong to gurudawara. My girls have taken Wahwguru as their father. And have surrended them to him.

Shanter ji,

You sound like a very strong and brave Sikhni and I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here. Please do not hesitate to ask for encouragement here. Your daughters might enjoy SPN, as well.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
sat nam , i joined while searching for various translations of Gurbani. i am a bit too busy for forums, interested in the sufi element in Sikhi, though do not know much about it. if there is a thread on that can you tell me, and - why the adverts at the top of the page, which are often not really sikh-like in quality? Guru's blessings to all. Shiv Charan Singh

Welcome Shiv Charan ji. The adverts are placed by google and have nothing to do with SPN. There is a search button in the top left hand corner to enable you to search the site. Enjoy!! welcomekaur

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
I want to introduce myself to fellow members of SPN. I am PALAINGTHA, 81, a professional accountant and auditor. I have written a book on Sikh history, titled" A glimpse into the history of the Sikhs" (pp 120) which is under negotiation with Publishers. I live in Delhi and leading a retired life.
I practice my religion, Sikhism, faithfully and live an honest, simple life like other faithfuls.
I read, write and speak Punjabi, English and Burmese fluently.

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
I want to introduce myself to fellow members of SPN. I am PALAINGTHA, 81, a professional accountant and auditor. I have written a book on Sikh history, titled" A glimpse into the history of the Sikhs" (pp 120) which is under negotiation with Publishers. I live in Delhi and leading a retired life.
I practice my religion, Sikhism, faithfully and live an honest, simple life like other faithfuls.
I read, write and speak Punjabi, English and Burmese fluently.

Welcome to the forum sir!!!

We are honored to have you here. I will certainly look forward to your posts..

kaurhug

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Shivcharansingh ji you may enjoy the following section regarding Baba Farid ji's Bani,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/bani-sheikh-farid/

Some posts for Bulley Shah you may also find of interest,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/urdu-sufi/34523-sufi-centric-musical-videos-punjabi-urdu.html

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-...ypothetical-could-some-most-bulley-shahs.html

Sat Sri Akal

Sep 7, 2012
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh all members of sikh philosophy i can talk about dasm dwar when you known about dasm dwar you are reading the book of "dasm dwar raht kare" by bhai sewa singh ji tarmala..after read this book you will start the partical of gurbani and simran.you will also reach the dasm dwar,nij ghar,sehj ghar also.

TamnnaKaur

SPNer
Sep 25, 2012
Pune
Hi, I am TamnnaKaur,new to sikhi...actually i am not basically sikh but i want to spend my life with the person who is damm Sikh...for that from last 3 yr i am following sikh tradition but still family are not ready....!!
Ab bus WaheGuru Se aas hai.
WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuruji Ki Fateh!!!

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Hi, I am TamnnaKaur,new to sikhi...actually i am not basically sikh but i want to spend my life with the person who is damm Sikh...for that from last 3 yr i am following sikh tradition but still family are not ready....!!

Hi, Tamnnakaur,
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

I read that you are new to Sikhi and interested in adopting Sikhism full fledged. I will advise you to stop trimming or cutting of your hair and accompany some Sikh lady to Gurdwara as and when you can find time. Congregations are held in Gurdwaras every where on Sundays regularly and other days on many other occasions. Also try to learn Punjabi script and language if you are not familiar with and start Sikh prayers starting from Japji Sahib. You should also Take AMRITPAN, (Sikh way of Baptism) which is initiative into Sikhism/Khalsa Panth. I hope you will not regret if you follow this or similar ways.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Bhenji

My own advice would be to focus on the teachings of the SGGS and never ever be scared of asking questions. Do not take anything in without using the gifts of logic and discretion that we have been given.

Following Sikh teachings can be more productive than following Sikh tradition, Good Luck.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Bhenji

My own advice would be to focus on the teachings of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and never ever be scared of asking questions. Do not take anything in without using the gifts of logic and discretion that we have been given.

Following Sikh teachings can be more productive than following Sikh tradition, Good Luck.

I agree. Sikhi is a way of life that does not require you to check in your brains at the door.

Another suggestion I would add that listening to kirtan is also good to do. After all, Shri Guru Granth Sahib was written to be sung. Some have transliterations and translations. Don't be shy about singing along.

Many "Sikh traditions" are not Sikh at all. They are just bits of Punjabi culture that really have nothing to do with Sikhi.

Most of all, you have entered a very interesting, exciting path. Please remember to enjoy the journey. Sikhi is, after all, the religion of chardi kala.

icecreamkudi

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Bhenji

My own advice would be to focus on the teachings of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and never ever be scared of asking questions. Do not take anything in without using the gifts of logic and discretion that we have been given.

My interjection:

It is one thing to be a part of Sikhism, living and practicing in true spirit and another to just know/focus on teachings of GGS ji.
You say following Sikh teachings can be more productive than following Sikh tradition. A non-Sikh will not follow Sikh teachings and a Sikh will have nothing to do with any other religion as a Sikh has to have full faith in Sikh Gurus and GGS ji. In this case she has to be a Sikh and live the life of a devout/true Sikh.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: